PDA

View Full Version : Too much hair-care can hurt!!!??

MoldyCake
May 29th, 2008, 01:49 AM
I was reading web surfing and found this (http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/printfriendly/0,4139,151488,00.html), just thought I would share the find.

Nevermore
May 29th, 2008, 01:55 AM
I don't think I'd count the use of hairspray as any kind of hair "care", especially on top of the "mud or clay wax". Honestly, them calling it hair care is ridiculous and almost fear-mongering. That's not care, it's styling at best and abuse at worst, depending on who you ask.

Riot Crrl
May 29th, 2008, 02:08 AM
News flash: hair spray is bad

I think I knew that even when I used hair spray. Which was 20 years ago.

chotee
May 29th, 2008, 05:43 AM
what ever hair-care he is following....i would say that this article is partly correct. I in the beginning of joing LHC, was really into this hair-growing thing and almost every other day i would be doing some thing or the other for my hair. The end-result was not very pleasing. More oil, more henna treatments than required, more herbal washes than required only strips the hair of its natural moisture and oils. I learnt it the hard way. Today, i wash it and leave it for a few days without touching it too much. I give my scalp regular brush every day and thats it. No more oils till the day before wash. My hair looks more healthier, shinier and stronger......

thanks for reminding this...

chotee

Rae~
May 29th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Smacks of paid advertisement, much? Sheesh.

(Not your posting it, MC... the original "article".)

wintersun99
May 29th, 2008, 08:41 AM

Saranne772
May 29th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Maybe the mud would be helpful (maybe) but then Im sure the hair spray would dry out the mud! So no effect there.

spidermom
May 29th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Too much hair care? Sounded like too much styling crap to me.

Amara
May 29th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Wow! Piling on hair wax and mud and spray makes your hair unhealthy?!? Who'da thunk it.

C_Bookworm
May 29th, 2008, 03:11 PM
I Don't think i would characterize hair spray and styling mud as care. Care is all the good things you do for your hair. Smearing a bunch of junk on your hear every day obviously isn't going to do wonders for your scalp.