PDA

View Full Version : How do you wash your hair ?

Dreamkitty
October 30th, 2010, 06:20 AM
I know this sounds like a pathetic question but honestly speaking, I think I don't know how to wash my hair properly. I put coconut oil in my hair, I shampoo and wash my hair but when its dry, it feels sticky and feels like the oil & shampoo were not washed away. My mum and sister also put oil on their hair but their hair is always washed properly.

I have tried to wash my hair but the shampoo & oil just doesn't get out. I put shampoo in my hair and it takes long for it to foam up.

I feel silly and frustrated :( for not knowing how to do a simple life skill so I want to know how you guys wash your hair? because I will try to follow that and see if it makes a difference.

Astarte_1980
October 30th, 2010, 06:26 AM
If you hair gets longer, the more difficult it is to wash your hair.
But here is an answer, here is the way I wash it:
Torrin Paige video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzEjdmXaUUU

Dreamkitty
October 30th, 2010, 06:36 AM
Thanks for the video link, my hair is medium- long but I will try doing what the lady said in the video.:)

Gabriel
October 30th, 2010, 08:04 AM
torrinpaige's video is a good demonstration of how to gently handle hair when washing/conditioning long hair.

Shampoo (liquids or bars) doesn't get a medium to heavy oiling out of my hair and scalp.

Conditioner/wash/conditioner CWC is usually the route I go. You might want to try that when you've got a lot of oil to rinse out of your hair. It's the same as shampooing and conditioner except you add an extra conditioning step before you shampoo.

There's usually two reasons for this method. One is to help begin to dissolve the oils from your hair without using a lot of shampoo which is generally considered more harsh than conditioner. The thing about a lot of conditioners is that they are somewhat cleansing, just much gentler.

The second is that for some folks, we leave a bit of that conditioner on our ends when we shampoo the scalp in the next step. It kind of provides a barrier while still allowing us to thoroughly clean the scalp.

The final condition step is just as when you regularly condition your hair is a two step wash/condition routine.

Some folks even add an ACV (apple cider vinegar rinse or white vinegar) or lemon or tea rinses after the final conditioning. They're done for different reasons and you can find more info on them in different threads.

Hope this helps a little bit more!

Carolyn
October 30th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Check out the threads on "conditioner only" washing. That always gets a heavy oiling out of my hair. How much coconut oil are you using?