PDA

View Full Version : Where is "hip" supposed to be

Cupofmilk
October 29th, 2010, 01:54 PM
I am still confused on lengths. My hair is high waist length about 33 inches.
I found out tailbone per LHC is the top of the vertical smile. It just so happens I would call that hip. When I cut my hair off it was tailbone so I thought - I was sitting on bits of it - it was the bottom of my actual tailbone about 2-3 inches from classic...

On the above basis I think hip per LHC standards is what I would call waist. About 3-4 inches below the high waist.

restourceful
October 29th, 2010, 02:09 PM
That's my understanding of where hip is also. This chart may help.

http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy109/restourceful/LHCpics/4f261287.png

manderly
October 29th, 2010, 02:46 PM
We had a discussion about this a long time ago, and I agree with the chart posted above.

Hip, to me, is when the hair reaches the line where your front hip bones stick out. :)

angelthadiva
October 29th, 2010, 08:54 PM
I agree with the above picture too. Where things begin to get sticky is when you affix numbers to the body locations. 33" on you might look very different on someone else.

eezepeeze
October 29th, 2010, 10:14 PM
I think of hip as the point where my bottom starts to curve outward from the small of my back, waist is where I am skinniest, and tailbone is where the hair brushes the floor/chair when I sit, but is not actually under me, yet.

Pretty much along the lines of the chart above.

I don't use measurements for things like that because I am very short, so it doesn't take as much length for me to get to waist, etc., as it will for someone who is much taller with a longer torso.

Just my 2 cents.

blondecat
October 30th, 2010, 12:56 AM
Well then, I guess i'm sitting pretty on 'Classic' finally :)

Juneii
October 30th, 2010, 01:20 AM
hip length is where your hip is. The hip is at the top of your pelvic bone. :)

Cupofmilk
October 31st, 2010, 08:27 AM
Ok so I am happy - hip is low waist. That's where my jeans sit !

jane53
October 31st, 2010, 08:33 AM
In a way, it depends on your build, I guess. I'm tall and long-torsoed. There are 2-3+ inches between my waist (at or just above my belly button) and hip (where my hip bones are). And from there, it's another 3-4 inches to my tail bone. I never understood the mystery of what the tail bone is. It's that BONE! We all have it. End of your spine, beginning of your butt crack.

My hairstylist has tailbone length hair and her hair is shorter than mine, which I keep at hip length. She's much shorter than I am.

Tapioca
October 31st, 2010, 01:31 PM
:: pokes belly :: Squish, squish. The hip bones are supposed to poke out? :p

Toadstool
October 31st, 2010, 03:22 PM

Yeah, mine don't either...:rolleyes:

see_turtle
October 31st, 2010, 06:10 PM
Haha I just did this ( as i sit here eating Halloween candy)...I've been wondering the same thing...where IS hip anyway. Been thinking about changing my goal.

KittyLost
November 1st, 2010, 03:29 AM
Hip, to me, is when the hair reaches the line where your front hip bones stick out. :)

I agree with this! I also love how the picture clearly labels floor length haha