PDA

View Full Version : Fairy tale ends/shedding

Naters
October 29th, 2010, 01:00 PM
:)Hi Everyone! Ok so I don't know if it's from the weather or what, but it seems like my hair has been thinning out from the ends, I'm not sure if maybe my ends always had those fairy tale ends and i just noticed it, but i just recently took a picture from the back and was a little saddened by what i saw..is anyone else experienced a little more shedding than usual in the colder months? On a happier note my hair is bsl when stretched out, so i guess theres something to be happy about..The pics are on my profile and were taken when my hair was wet..thanks all! :)

Yozhik
October 29th, 2010, 01:25 PM
What absolutely beautiful curls! :crush:

I feel like I'm going through an increased shed right now, too -- I think it's the weather change. Another thing is I feel like now that I've reached BSL, the existing damage that I have on the ends is beginning to show up in the form of thinness :(

ETA: congrats on BSL! :flower:

spidermom
October 29th, 2010, 01:30 PM
If you are growing without trimming, it may be that you have a few very fast-growing hairs, which makes the ends thin. That's one of the functions of trimming, to hold the fastest growing hairs back a bit so that slower growing hairs can catch up. Also to eliminate damage on the ends.

But thin ends or not, your hair is very pretty.

mira-chan
October 29th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Seconding what Spidermom said. Plus I do have seasonal sheds in early fall/ late spring.

My current shed is mostly affecting the very ends which aren't growing for various reasons so yes there is thinning even with trimming. It's nothing to worry about unless the shed is dramatic and doesn't improve over time, that's the time to go to your doctor.

Shany
October 29th, 2010, 05:48 PM
I noticed an increased shed too :( I don't know if it's because of the cold weather (here it's already 0°C) or seborrheic dermatitis or both. I'm not even sure if I'm still a iii lol

Naters
October 31st, 2010, 11:49 AM
Thanks soo much for the kind words and advice ladies!! I also think it could be from the fact that i havent trimmed my hair in a long time, and this cold weather..grr