PDA

View Full Version : I didn't realise APL would take so long for me

juliaxena
October 28th, 2010, 11:33 PM
I thought I'd take a picture after two moths to see if there is any progress...well...there isn't much. I have been at shoulder lenght for quite some time now.

How long did you take to get form shoulder to APL? More than a year? Sorry about the black stuff, I had to mask dirty mirror lol.

Rebelkat
October 29th, 2010, 12:36 AM
I can't remember how long it took for me because it was a long time ago. However, two months isn't a lot of time in hair growth. If your hair grows the average rate, it would only be an inch of growth. Don't be discouraged because you don't see much difference after two months. Most people wouldn't.

Katurday
October 29th, 2010, 12:49 AM
The journey to APL took quite a while for me, I believe around 6-8 months. Don't be discouraged, its not called an awkward stage for nothing.

Roseate
October 29th, 2010, 01:51 AM
About a year for me, as I recall. Peek at my growth album if you want; I was taking pictures obsessively during that year, because I was so impatient for it to grow!

Your hair looks lovely, and don't be discouraged, two months isn't much in hair growth. Patience is the name of the game.

Belisarius
October 29th, 2010, 01:52 AM
I thought I'd take a picture after two moths to see if there is any progress...well...there isn't much. I have been at shoulder lenght for quite some time now.

How long did you take to get form shoulder to APL? More than a year? Sorry about the black stuff, I had to mask dirty mirror lol.
Yes, more than a year. I think about two. But then I have a long neck and curls.

Purdy Bear
October 29th, 2010, 02:00 AM
One article I read said 2.25cm per month which is halved in Winter/off season. Mine isnt that though, the hair I have coming through hardly moves at all, its like a mm every couple of months.

FrannyG
October 29th, 2010, 03:50 AM
I absolutely see growth there. You may be like me and actually have hair that grows faster in the winter, who knows? But I do know that it takes several months to get from shoulder to APL.

Is there any way you could make an album and put your previous photos in there? You may not see much of a difference yourself now, but in another two months I am sure you will see a noticeable difference between your last photo and the photo you will take then.

skaempfer
October 29th, 2010, 04:19 AM
I'm in the same boat. Isn't there an Armpit wannabe thread? I looked once, but couldn't find it... is there one? Anybody know?

I can't comment on your growth, since I never saw a before picture. An album as Franny suggests would be cool, so the progress would be more obvious. Got a stripy jumper?
:drama: Watching hair grow is lame, I know. :pumpkin: Good luck!

juliaxena
October 29th, 2010, 04:56 AM
I have put a pic of 2 monts ago in my album. The hemline looks a different shape but I assure you I did not trim since the photo. Other than that the lenght seems the same to me.

I'm not sure you can see my album.

torrilin
October 29th, 2010, 05:41 AM
From shoulder to APL would be about 6-7" on me. At my usual growth rate of about 1" per month... that's 6-7 months. No trims. More realistically, with trims it'd be 9-12 months. And at around 1" per month, I'm very much on the fast growing end! A lot of people around here seem to average 0.5" per month. At that speed, it would easily take 12-14 months to get there without trims, and with them it could easily take much longer.

Even more sad realism... even at my growth rate, you wouldn't notice much change in a 2 month picture. It'd only start getting obvious with every 4 months shots. Every 6 months is better yet. In short, obsession is a short fast trip to being very nutty.

If you're going to obsess over something, I'd obsess over learning a French braid. It's a lovely style and it works on hair even shorter than yours so if for some reason you have to chop, you'd have a comfortable and pretty style to use. And it works best on damp or wet hair, so it gives you reason to cut back on the blow dryer. When you've mastered one trick, find another to work on. Pretty soon you'll find several months have gone by, and your hair will feel weirdly long when you wear it down... because it's grown :D.

Vermelha
October 29th, 2010, 05:42 AM
I know, after trimming a bad hair cut, It took me 7-8 months to get there. So you're not alone :) Maybe try scalp massages to give you a boost?

XcaliburGirl
October 29th, 2010, 06:06 AM
I think it looks like you have some growth. My hair tends to grow "sidways" at this length. Meaning, it starts fanning out over my shoulders/upper back rather than hanging down so the length doesn't look any different, but it looks fuller. Then, all of a sudden it starts to get a little heavier and looks longer.

I was at just below chin in August 2009. A year later, I was getting close to APL but still had a couple of inches to be sure. Then, I trimed about 3 inches off (had bleached the ends). Now I'm still stuck in the wilderness between shoulder and APL.

dropinthebucket
October 29th, 2010, 07:21 AM
I think you're definitely past shoulder and well on your way to APL! It certainly looks longer, too, than I remember from your earlier avatar pic. Congrats!

Babyfine
October 29th, 2010, 08:39 AM
I can't remember exactly but it took quite a while for me-especially since I have a long neck-maybe a year or more? Plus I'm a compulsive trimmer.
Hang in there-your hair looks great!

spidermom
October 29th, 2010, 09:03 AM
About a year. I had a trim every 6-8 weeks back then.

Carolyn
October 29th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Shoulder to APL is well over 6'' on me. Probably more like 8". At 1/2" growth per month and regular trims I'm guessing it took at least a year and a half. It was a long time ago so it's hard to remember.

redneckprincess
October 29th, 2010, 06:55 PM
about 17 months
but that included 3" of trimming during that time frame

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=4808

christine1989
October 29th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Going from shoulder to APL took me around 3-4 months. Of course I am only 5'1 so it may take taller people a bit longer. Going from APL to BSL is a different story- it is taking much longer :(

2peasinapod
October 29th, 2010, 07:36 PM
It took me about 7 months. Don't worry, I can hardly see an difference after two months on me. I think our hair looks great, just hang in there! :)