PDA

View Full Version : Ever wish your hair was long as Rapunzel

Dreamkitty
October 28th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Rapunzal, Rapunzal let down your hair..........:D

This is one of my favourite fairytale stories. And it might sound crazy and unrealistic but I wish my hair was long as Rupunzal, long and strong enough to do a plait and let someone climb it like a rope lol. A girl can dream, anyone else ever has this fantasy or is it just me?

spidermom
October 28th, 2010, 12:25 PM
My granddaughter tells me she wants Rapunzel hair, just like me! haha That's as close to a Rapunzel fantasy as I get. Nobody is climbing up my braid, although my husband did comment that he could tie his boat to the dock with that thing.

slythwolf
October 28th, 2010, 12:35 PM
No, it sounds painful! :D

KatKeRo
October 28th, 2010, 02:41 PM
No, it isn't practical that kind of lenght.

twopoints
October 28th, 2010, 02:56 PM
I read a novel about the same story. Rapunzel described constant pain in her neck, shoulders and head because of the weight of her hair.

JulietCapulet
October 28th, 2010, 03:13 PM
I mean, yes!! But a modern version...like down to my knees Rapunzel.

krismuse
October 28th, 2010, 03:37 PM
I dressed as Rapunzel a few years back for Halloween, and loved wearing a long, flowy wig (I think it was hip length). But compared to some of the pictures on this site, that seems like short hair! Anyway, by the end of the night, that wig was driving me crazy; even braided, there were flyaways in every direction. It made me re-think my Rapunzel fantasy. I hope my own hair doesn't get that annoying when it gets to my waist and beyond. :pray:

angelfell
October 28th, 2010, 04:08 PM
I would like it for like a day.. but I'm not sure what I'd do with it after that :p. I don't think I could care (responsibly) for THAT much hair. But it would be AWESOME to have for a short time :)

Igor
October 28th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Not at all. Gosh, how does she get around? Wheeling her hair around in a wheelbarrow? Maybe she wasn’t stuck in the tower because of an evil witch but out of not being mobile anyways…

Not my idea of something a little girl should aspire to: Being nothing more than a stepladder that needs saving :confused:

EdG
October 28th, 2010, 05:39 PM
I think it would be totally cool if hair were as dexterous as depicted in Disney's Rapunzel. That kind of hair would be like having another set of arms. :lol:
Ed

Jessica Trapp
October 28th, 2010, 05:47 PM
I would like mine to be that thick!

prosperina
October 28th, 2010, 05:48 PM
I think it would be totally cool if hair were as dexterous as depicted in Disney's Rapunzel. That kind of hair would be like having another set of arms. :lol:
Ed

That's precisely what I was about to say! The hair whips around and ties up the guy. It's like hair with a mind of its own... which could also be a little odd. In part of the trailer though you see her walking around with her locks bundled in her hands, that wouldn't be cool. Didn't anyone at disney think of a bun? Or at least a braid?

cuddledumplin
October 28th, 2010, 05:56 PM
No, it would take ages to plait, and you'd never get all of that hair into a bun.

anthonyswife
October 28th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Since it's just a wish or fantasy, I'd say yes, I would love to have hair like Rapunzel! I don't care that it's impractical; after all, I would never have hair that long in real life. But it's a cool idea to think about. :)

littlenvy
October 28th, 2010, 06:05 PM
LOL ... nope!
But I would LOVE mine to be that strong :p:p and well behaved. ;)

adiapalic
October 28th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Only if I can use it the same awesome ways that Rapunzel in the new Disney movie does, lol. :bluebiggr

faeriewings
October 28th, 2010, 07:00 PM
That's precisely what I was about to say! The hair whips around and ties up the guy. It's like hair with a mind of its own... which could also be a little odd. In part of the trailer though you see her walking around with her locks bundled in her hands, that wouldn't be cool. Didn't anyone at disney think of a bun? Or at least a braid?

I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS MOVIE. She's so cute :p And no joke, my DBF looks EXACTLY like the prince. I have comparison pictures for proof.

lhangel9
October 28th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Yes........Yes.........Yes.........smib:magic:

BrightEyes7
October 28th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Of course I'd want that hair!!! And obviously if be a princess too so I would have someone to help me tend to my tresses... Naturally! :D

Just leave out that whole locked in a tower thing.... :laugh:

Xan
October 28th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Very much so but not quite so much knee to floor would be stunning.

rapunzelna
October 29th, 2010, 06:06 AM
I'd love to have hair that thick and if so, I think floor length would be as long as I could manage...unless I really was locked in a tower and needed to get out...then the sky..or rather the the moat, is the limit!

Rivanariko
October 29th, 2010, 06:10 AM
That strong and healthy, Yes! I don't think I could ever stand having hair that was longer than my body though. I like to let it down occasionally and don't want to worry about it dragging in the dirt!

Shield31
October 29th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Ed

I agree with EdG. It is not just the length. It's the tie-in with the ability to control its movement, its actions and its styles, by mental or physical abilities :). Just think of having a separate muscle to control every follicle and hair strand on your head.

tigr
October 30th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Never.

The first time I heard this story, all I could think of was how much it must have hurt her scalp to have his weight in her hair.

jane53
October 30th, 2010, 01:36 PM
I wouldn't want any guy climbing up my hair, even if he claimed he was a prince.

LadyLongLocks
October 31st, 2010, 06:14 PM
No, that is too long. Mine is long enough at calf length, my limit is ankles.
It is cute to see in drawings and movies, but totally impractical and unattainable for most to even get close.

christine1989
October 31st, 2010, 06:38 PM
I would love hair that long....if I had my own personal servent to style it everyday ;).

enfys
October 31st, 2010, 06:42 PM
No I don't.

I'd be more like the GHD advert (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZVjy_HYHdQ&feature=related).

lhangel9
November 1st, 2010, 09:23 PM
Doesn't everyone? Just kidding, but I do all the time.:pray: