PDA

View Full Version : oily vs frizzy

hairobsessed1
October 28th, 2010, 05:30 AM
I have been told that applying conditioner to roots makes them get oily quicker. But I'm kindda stuck- if i apply conditioner i find that i have to wash more regularly because it makes my roots oily, but if i dont condition from the roots my hair goes frizzy as it doesnt have enough moisture, help! :(

RitaPG
October 28th, 2010, 07:36 AM
My hair does get oily faster if I use conditioner near the roots.
These days when I'm in the shower I shampoo the scalp and only use conditioner on the length, and when my hair is almost dry I use a pea sized amount of conditioner on my hair as a leave in. Just a tiny film of conditioner on the palms of your hands should be enough. This helped me a lot to keep the baby hair and flyaways in place.
Some people use a tiny amount of oil, I used to do that too but I prefer conditioner now because in winter the humidity makes my hair go greasy faster and oils don't help much.

aenflex
October 28th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Try changing to a differnt shampoo or conditioner, or both. Sometimes even if you think you need ultra-moisturizing conditioner or shampoo, it builds up too quickly and gets lanky.
I have found that the best time/way to moisturize is with oils and butters and such, outside of the washing/conditioning process. Of course thats just me :) But I've never had any luck with 'moisturizing' shampoos and conditioners....