PDA

View Full Version : Does height have an effect on how long your hair grows

Dreamkitty
October 28th, 2010, 03:59 AM
Say if a woman is 5'1 , because they are short would they have a greater chance of having long hair, say up to their hips.

And if a woman is 5'10 because they are tall, would they have a smaller chance of getting long hair upto their hips?

Hotrox
October 28th, 2010, 04:06 AM
I don't know if they have less 'chance' but it'll definitely take longer as they'll need to grow more length to reach their hips.

This I know, as I'm 5'10 and my hips are a long way from my shoulders!!

Dragon
October 28th, 2010, 04:08 AM
Interesting question. I have also wondered this.

hairobsessed1
October 28th, 2010, 04:46 AM
I think heigth does make a difference. for example if you know a young girl with long hair (I'm personally thinking of my cousin who is now 11) her hair is down to her waist but if you measured her hair it would probably be the same legth as my hair as BSL. although in adults it wouldnt be such a stark contrast. The hair of Someone who is 6ft tall has longer to travel. :S hope this makes sense/helps

ericthegreat
October 28th, 2010, 04:49 AM
The answer to this question is yes and no. The absolute truth is, that your height has no effect on the actual length that your hair can grow to. So, 3 feet of hair on a tall person would measure out to be exactly the same length as 3 feet of hair on a short person. So in terms of actual inches, they would have the same length of hair.

However, your height definitely affects how long your hair looks on your body. Its all a matter of body proportion and perception. So, on a person who is 6'3, hair that is 3 feet long would be around waist length. But, on a person who is 4'10 that same 3 feet of hair would probably reach all the way down to knee length. So to sum it up, the same length of hair will look longer on a shorter person than it would on a taller person.

DuckyDot
October 28th, 2010, 05:14 AM
I agree with Eric. Same length of hair but It looks different because of the ratios of length of your body. I'm 5'1 (Short, so very short) and my waist length would be so much less on someone of 5'10 height.

Gypsygirl
October 28th, 2010, 05:16 AM
What Eric said. But- since you mentioned those body landmarks- if the two women have the same growth rate then yes...the shorter woman will get to her goal length sooner, and her hair will be longer on her when it gets to terminal length than on the taller woman. So...unless the taller woman has much better hair growth genes than the shorter woman, the anwer to your question is yes.

Feng-Shui
October 28th, 2010, 06:44 AM
Yes, the life is unfair. :(

The hair has a shorter way to go on little person.

I is also into large person with 5`9 height.:p

Belisarius
October 28th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Well, I hope then that tall people can have even longer hair. I am hoping for really long hair.

kittensoupnrice
October 28th, 2010, 07:52 AM
But you also have to take overall "actual" length into account.

At 5'2", even though I may reach my goal length sooner than someone much taller than I am, I daresay that kneelength on me would not be nearly as stunning as knee-length on a 6' tall person.

I have a 6' tall coworker who had hip length hair that looked more impressive than my hair at almost classic, and it was because it was "higher up", and thus more noticeable, and "just as long" or maybe even longer.

I almost never notice little girls bouncing about with waist length hair, because the overall fall length to waist is just so short on someone only 3-4 feet tall.

Gypsygirl
October 28th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Exactly! Everything looks more stunning and dramatic on tall women, not just long hair but also long, flowing skirts, dresses and cloaks... Oh to be tall like you!!! I'd trade in a heartbeat!

lapushka
October 28th, 2010, 11:48 AM
It also depends on how you're proportioned, I think. I'm 5'7" and have a short back and long legs. Long hair won't look as stunning on me as it would on someone who's more proportioned for her height, IMO.

Dientje
October 28th, 2010, 12:08 PM
I don't know about that Lapushka, I'm 6' and had longer than waist hair. I also have very long legs and a short back, but still I got lots and lots of compliments about it when I wore it down. Granted, it wasn't possible to compare it to someone who was as tall, whith waist-length hair and who was more proportioned for their height :)