PDA

View Full Version : Finally, Finally Reached BSL For The Last Time!!!!

FrannyG
October 27th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Hey everyone! :waving: Some of you are aware of the struggles I've with my hair since joining LHC, the last of which was some bad damage that I inflicted in 2008 when removing the brown dye which I had for some reason decided to use for almost a year.

After the return to blonde and the resulting damage, I cut my hair to APL and maintained a length between collarbone length and APL for over a year and a half.

With the very worst of the damage cut out, I decided to start growing again in January, when I was just shy of APL, with only 1/2 inch trims every 3 months.

Just this week I have finally reached BSL for the third time since joining LHC. I hope never to have to pass this milestone again.

While I still have 4 or 5 inches of thinner ends, I'm pretty happy with my hair overall.

I don't have any split ends, and my nape circumference has gone from 2.25 inches to just over 3 inches.

So, I'm going to continue trimming 1/2 inch every 3 months, and I hope to be at waist by next summer.

I can't tell you how nice it is to be at BSL again for the first time since March of 2008! And thank you, everyone at LHC for helping me find the patience and the good hair care choices to get here. :blossom:

Here is the photographic evidence, taken 2 days ago. You can click the photo for a larger view.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m154/oopiedoop11/Hair/October-BSL-Update-3-1.jpg (http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m154/oopiedoop11/Hair/October-BSL-Update-3.jpg)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/[IMG]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m154/oopiedoop11/Hair/October-BSL-Update-3.jpg

RachieBaby
October 27th, 2010, 03:58 PM
yayyy congrats! Your hair looks lovely :) I love the colour :)

Nightshade
October 27th, 2010, 03:59 PM
:cheer: Congratulations!

Anatheme
October 27th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Congrats! You have really beautiful hair. :) Best wishes for the continued growth journey. :)

Angelica
October 27th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Beautiful hair, it looks in super condition :)

virgo75
October 27th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Congratulations!

Your hair looks very shiny and healthy. :)

<3OnHerSleeve
October 27th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Congrats :) Would hardly guess that your hair was seriously damaged, it looks wonderful right now

girlcat36
October 27th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Yay!!! Congrats!

DecafJane
October 27th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Congratulations. :)

Wanderer09
October 27th, 2010, 04:45 PM
So silky and straight! Congrats on your milestone!

krismuse
October 27th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Congrats! We have similar hair, so this gives me hope. I'm BSL right now and trying to get it healthier as it lengthens toward WSL. I look forward to growing with you! :D

enfys
October 27th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Congrats! With your trimming schedule you'll be shot of those ends in no time too.

Now, I never want to see you start a thread with this title again, ok? ;)

TinaDenali
October 27th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Looks great!! You've made fantastic progress :)

tinti
October 27th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Yayyy! Congrats! I know how great it feels passing bsl ... at least for the first time! Your hair looks really shiny and healthy. Happy growing!

Nordlys
October 27th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Congratulations !!! I understand you totally. I have been struggling the last 2 years with similar lengths after a major cut due to damage, and now I am finally back to BSL too :) I love your hairstyles in your pictures btw !! Especially the 4 Strand Box Braid Half Up ! I must learn how to do that immediately...!Awesome!

Altocumulus
October 27th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Congrats! Your hair is so smooth and shiny!

Jules diamond
October 27th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Congrats! You've definitely earned every inch!

TrudieCat
October 27th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Yay!! Congratulations!! :)

Fiordiligi
October 27th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Congratulations! I find your story very inspiring, and your hair is fab!

EdG
October 27th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Congratulations Franny! You have beautiful hair. :)
Ed

Dragon
October 27th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Congrats, looks great :)

Sanyia
October 27th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Lovely hair, keep up the good work :)

Dragon
October 27th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Congrats :)

Chiara
October 27th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Congratulations, your hair looks just lovely!

Neoma
October 27th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Congratulations, Franny. You are one of my hair idols...and one of my favorite people on LHC. I'm glad that you reached this milestone. Your hair looks very healthy and shiny. :flower:

Marjolein
October 28th, 2010, 02:10 AM
That's wonderful! Must be a great feeling, right?

Eolan
October 28th, 2010, 02:54 AM
You're well over BSL and it looks great. Congratulations!

ericthegreat
October 28th, 2010, 02:56 AM
Well, in that photo you are actually in fact an inch past BSL. ;)
Congratulations on hitting BSL again for the 3rd time! I think its actually fun to
go thro cycles of growing out and cutting back again, that way you can always have some kind of progress to look back on. I myself don't think I can ever bring myself to cut back to a significantly shorter length............I just don't have the patience to wait for it to grow longer again.

kettle
October 28th, 2010, 02:58 AM
Congratulations Franny! It looks FANTASTIC. All that patience has clearly been so worth it! Not only do your ends look lovely to me, they also seem to be a little past BSL... even better!! :bluesmile

maria_asa
October 28th, 2010, 03:02 AM
Congrats on reaching BSL! Your hair looks great.

KittyLost
October 28th, 2010, 03:06 AM
Congratulations and admiration for your patience!

Octave
October 28th, 2010, 03:16 AM
Woohoo congratulation on getting to BSL!!
Here's some cheese to celebrate...:cheese:

FrannyG
October 28th, 2010, 04:52 AM
RachieBaby: I am very happy with the colour. I don't know what possessed me to ever change it. Thank you so much! :blossom:

Nightshade: Thank you, darlin'. I think you know what I've gone through with this mess, and while I do still dye my hair, your growing/trimming has been such an inspiration to me. :inlove:

Anatheme: I so appreciate your good wishes and kind words. Thank you. :flower:

Angelica: Thank you, you're so kind. :flowers:

virgo75: I appreciate your encouragement. :flower:

<3OnHerSleeve: Well, the damage is pretty much all cut out. Just the thin ends remain. Thank you. :blossom:

Girlcat36:Thank you so much, and I do want to say that your progress has been phenomenal and inspiring. :inlove:

DecafJane: Thank you. :flower:

Wanderer09: Thank you very much. :flowers:

krismuse: Yes, we have very similar hair. I'll join you on the "BSL to Waist" thread! :blossom:

FrannyG
October 28th, 2010, 04:54 AM
enfys: Well, it will still be a while before the thin ends are all trimmed out, but at least I'm still growing as I trim. And I will never do anything that will require me starting another thread with this title! Thank you! :flowers:

TinaDenali: It's taken me a very long time to make this progress. Thank you! :flower:

tinti: Hitting BSL the first time was nice, but I had a headful of pre-LHC heat-styling damage and split ends. The second time, my hair was in good condition, but I was very unhappy about the brown dye and my light roots showing within days of a touch-up.

This time around, I feel good about everything about my hair, so it's all that much sweeter. Thank you! :blossom:

Nordlys: I am very happy for you having reached BSL and removing your damage. It takes a lot of patience and a strong will. Thank you for the kind words about my hairstyles. :flowers:

Altocumulous: Thank you very much! :flower:

Jules diamond: Yes, I do believe I've earned every inch and learned many lessons, as well. Thank you! :flowers:

TrudieCat: Thank you! :blossom:

Fiordiligi: I am so happy to inspire anyone. So many people have inspired me and encouraged me along the way. :flower:

EdG: Why thank you, Smiley! Of course, I like your hair more. :crush:

Dragon: Thank you very much. :flower:

FrannyG
October 28th, 2010, 04:55 AM
Sanya: Thank you for the encouraging words. :flowers:

Chiara: Thank you very much! :flower:

Neoma: I'm one of your hair idols? Me? Well, I hope you already know that you're one of my favourite people here too, dear Neoma. :inlove:

Marjolein: Yes, indeed it's a wonderful feeling. I have put so much time and patience into this. Thank you. :blossom:

Eolan: Thank you very much. :flowers:

ericthegreat: Yes, Eric, I am just past BSL, but I don't like to claim a new milestone until I am well and truly there. I'll tell you; I found patience that I didn't know I had. In the old days, I would have just cut my hair short so as not to have to live with the damage at all. I always kept it just long enough to make an updo or side braids this time, but the trimming and maintaining surely did require patience. :flower:

kettle: Thank you very much! :blossom:

maria asa: I really appreciate your kind and encouraging words. :flowers:

FrannyG
October 28th, 2010, 04:55 AM
KittyLost: Thank you and thank you! :blossom:

Octave: Thank you for the congrats and for the cheese. I don't believe cheese has ever tasted quite this good! :flowers:

DuckyDot
October 28th, 2010, 05:07 AM
Yeey! From reading your blog I know that it's been hard for you but well done! You're an inspiration to me! :)

hairobsessed1
October 28th, 2010, 05:23 AM
well done, your hair looks beautiful

pepperminttea
October 28th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Good for you! :cheer: Your hair looks beautiful.

kabelaced
October 28th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Congratulations, Franny!! :)

narydaco
October 28th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Congratulations on reaching your goal. You should be very proud of yourself! Your hair looks fabulous... the color and shine are to die for too!

Lunakitty
October 28th, 2010, 07:51 AM
You have the shinny golden hair I can only dream of! I am a brunette which is fun too, but your hair is gorgeous! Congradulations!

halo_tightens
October 28th, 2010, 08:13 AM
You've been so unbelievably patient... I'm happy to see that it's definitely paid off! Your hair is more beautiful than ever. :flowers:

Congrats and cheese!! :cheese:

sophiamarie
October 28th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Congratulations! Your hair is beautiful and you are one of my hair idols.

jel
October 28th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Congrats, Franny! Your hair looks lovely and so shiny! :flowers:

bunzfan
October 28th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Congratulations on reaching one of your goals i know how frustrating it can get:)

Flutterbee
October 28th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Congratulations, your hair is quite lovely!!

spidermom
October 28th, 2010, 09:07 AM
You did it (again)! Your hair and color look very pretty.

paperwhite
October 28th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Congratulations on passing this goal and moving on to new ones! :blossom:

LouLaLa
October 28th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Well done! Such a journey and yay for using dye and not apologising- I totally love that!

Good luck with getting to tb!

Unofficial_Rose
October 28th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Very shiny and the colour is beautiful!

Gabriel
October 28th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Congratulations! Your hair is so lovely. :)

Islandgrrl
October 28th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Yay for you, Franny!!! Wooohooo!!! :cheer:

I remember how jazzed I was when my hair hit BSL for the first time. Way to go!

FrannyG
October 28th, 2010, 04:02 PM
DuckyDot: Oh gosh, if you read my blog then you really do know how hard it's been for me. Thank you so much. :blossom:

hairobsessed1: Thank you! :flowers:

pepperminttea: I really appreciate the kind words. :flower:

kabedlace: Thank you! :flowers:

narydaco: Thank you for the kind words. :blossom:

Lunakitty: It's so funny, because I always seem to admire darker hair. Thank you. :flower:

halo_tightens: Oh, sometimes it's been very difficult to be patient, believe me. But I'm happy that I have had this learning experience. Thank you so much! :flowers:

sophiamarie: You've got me blushing. Thank you. :blossom:

jel: Thank you for the compliments. :flowers

bunzfan: Oh yes, there has been much frustration. Thank you. :flower:

FrannyG
October 28th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Flutterbee: Thank you. :flowers:

spidermom: I knew right after I dyed my hair brown that it would end badly, and I am willing to bet you knew that too. :wink: I think the craziest thing I'd ever do to my hair again would only be to possibly grow out my bangs. Thank you for the encouragement. :blossom:

paperwhite: Thank you so much. :flowers:

LouLaLa: You're right; I make no apologies for dyeing my hair. Not at all. I want to enjoy my hair, and I enjoy my colour. Thank you for the kind words. :flower:

Unnofficial_Rose: Thank you very much. :blossom:

Gabriel: Thank you for the nice compliments. :flowers:

Islandgrrl: Oh yeah, I'm jazzed. While I've hit this milestone before, I've never liked my hair as much as I do now, so it's different this time. Thank you. :flower:

Chamy
October 28th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Congratulations! May you grow long hair and prosper. ;)

triumphator!
October 28th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Congrats! It looks like you have spun gold growing off your head :)

Wally
October 28th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Franny, your hair is so gorgeous! You are an inspiration.

lhangel9
October 28th, 2010, 07:16 PM
woohoo! congrats to you. super!:cheese:

Carolyn
October 28th, 2010, 07:26 PM
I love your thread title, Frannie! Very cute. Congrats on the milestone. Your hair looks great in your new picture.