PDA

View Full Version : Over combing

Bller
October 27th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Hello friends, i don`t know about you, but lately i became obsessed of combing my hair like all the time, i can`t help myself, i`m trying not to tie it anyhow, and leave it down all the time, but, that`s how i get the urge to comb it and comb it and can`t get bored of doing it. But isn`t it damaging or wearing out the hair shaft this way?
I`m so trying not to damage it anymore, any suggestions?

Dreams_in_Pink
October 27th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Provided that you use a seamless comb and don't run into tangles, you should do fine. I also love to comb my hair, especially after oiling, it kinda takes the stress away :)

Madora
October 27th, 2010, 03:29 PM
The type of comb you use and more importantly, HOW you use that comb, will determine (sooner or later) if your hair becomes damaged.

To be on the safe side, I'd suggest that when you comb you finger comb your hair first, then section off a portion of your hair and then taking your comb, work your way up that section until you reach the scalp. Continue on around the head. This method may appear to be time consuming, but if you treat your hair carefully when combing, you'll reap the benefits in the long term. And as recommended by other long haired ladies, a wide tooth comb is kindest to your hair.

Bller
November 1st, 2010, 12:16 PM
The type of comb you use and more importantly, HOW you use that comb, will determine (sooner or later) if your hair becomes damaged.

To be on the safe side, I'd suggest that when you comb you finger comb your hair first, then section off a portion of your hair and then taking your comb, work your way up that section until you reach the scalp. Continue on around the head. This method may appear to be time consuming, but if you treat your hair carefully when combing, you'll reap the benefits in the long term. And as recommended by other long haired ladies, a wide tooth comb is kindest to your hair.

That`s exactly the way i do it too, only often, i always seem to have the comb in my hand. But after a few combs, the comb is full of icky nasty ...stuff on it, must be the conditioner leftover`s or something, cose it`s a hell lot of it !