PDA

View Full Version : Humidity = Big Hair

Armelle
October 27th, 2010, 06:45 AM
Down here in Georgia (US), we're going through yet another bout of high temps and humidity. My hair is naturally wavy and coarse. This adds up to a severe case of pyramid hair. :afro: Even my Ficcare clip has run screaming from the vast amount of poofiness I asked it to hold for me.

What do y'all do when the hair gets this big?

aenflex
October 27th, 2010, 08:05 AM
I live south of you in FL, so I can totally sympathize :) I stay away from humectants, and DO use cones in my conditioner and leave-in mix. I allow my hair to dry up or when it's longer, braided over night.

Marjolein
October 27th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Sorry, no help here as my hair has never grasped the concept of poof, it only wishes to hang flat. But, any chance of a picture of this wonder of nature? Pretty, pretty please?? (bats eyelashes heavily)

HintOfMint
October 27th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Braids, cones and pomade. Any one, or any combination.

I used to live in New Orleans, I feel ya.

Anje
October 27th, 2010, 01:42 PM
I don't have enough hair for it to puff up too big (though it did a bit when I took out cornrows that I'd had in for a few weeks...). Still, I'd say that the easiest solution would be to braid your hair. Maybe oil it first, if you need more control.

Oh, and I'm with Marjolein -- Pictures of the big hair would be fun!

Kome
October 27th, 2010, 01:49 PM
I used to have that problem ALL the time. Then I stopped shampooing my hair every day and it's made a huge difference. I also use coconut oil if it's still poofy, just a little bit though, otherwise it will look really greasy.