PDA

View Full Version : 8 months since the Pixie!!!!

Maddy25
October 26th, 2010, 08:08 PM
So I like to update my progress every 2 months, and the time has finally come!!!

8 months :cheese::cheese:

Because of the flippyness of the bottom layer, it isnt showing the progress as well as I'd like, but if I hold down the bottom layer straight, it reaches my collarbones!!!

The growth is best seen looking at my fringe, it's past my mouth now :D
This is an untrimmed pixie, I havent touched it since it's original cut...the bottom layer drives me nuts but I dont want to lose any progress so I'm putting up with it :p

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6089&pictureid=86770

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6089&pictureid=86771

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6089&pictureid=86772

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6089&pictureid=86773

and for comparison, this is where my fringe was at right after the cut.
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n296/addie2525/bangs.jpg

Growing out a pixie is so so SO awful, I get really down about it sometimes, what do you guys think? I need some hair support & encouraging words!!! :D

Hotrox
October 26th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Well done you, its great progress.

Compare the starting picture (with the little cute dog) to your ponytail picture, wow, so much growth :D

Just imagine where you'll be in a few more months............

TinaDenali
October 26th, 2010, 08:26 PM
WOW! Your hair grows REALLY fast!! That's fantastic progress, Maddy! Wonderful!

You're simply stunning, of course :)

christine1989
October 26th, 2010, 08:30 PM
I grew out a pixie a few years ago but my hair never looked as good as yours while growing out. I like the cute little ponytail with the fringe in front :).

LisaMonster
October 26th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Wow! Looking absolutely beautiful!!

triumphator!
October 26th, 2010, 09:15 PM
You probably don't even want to hear this, but you look so cute with your pixie!!

Anyway, you should set a length where you'll cut it all into one length, like shoulder or something. That may mean letting it grow into a crazy shag past your shoulders to get all the layers to one place. Just a suggestion!

keight425
October 26th, 2010, 09:16 PM
That looks great! Good job! I also like the cute little ponytail :)

GoddesJourney
October 26th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Well, it seems to be growing quite well. I like it. When you have it up in a ponytail, I can't even tell it ever was a pixie. It just looks like short hair with long and layered bangs that are growing out. Mine look about like that right now. I think you looked great with the pixie and I think you will look great with any length of hair you choose. You seem to have one of those faces... I can't get away with short hair at all. Anyway, that's still less than a year and you're doing great! Happy growing!

dragonmyst
October 26th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Once upon a time I had a pixie haircut. It didn't look even half as good on me as it did/does on you. And I'm not even going into the awkward growing it out phase.

Great progress! and you look great! I love that dog! :)

Jessica Trapp
October 26th, 2010, 11:55 PM
Fantastic progress!

DecafJane
October 27th, 2010, 12:07 AM
Wow, you have had a lot of growth. Well done! :D

Nenwing
October 27th, 2010, 12:16 AM
Looks great Maddy!! Your hair grows pretty quick! I too am growing out from basically pixie, and the shortest layers are about at my shoulder now (in the front), and I started growing out just about exactly one year ago. All the layers are a pain aren't they? Lol headbands were my best friends for about a year!

liselle
October 27th, 2010, 12:28 AM
I actually love your pixie cut. I think you look adorable.

Heartwillfollow
October 27th, 2010, 12:37 AM
great growth,, :) love love your little one too cute in pink :)

Sooze
October 27th, 2010, 01:22 AM
You're very fortunate in that you can wear your hair at any length and look good Maddy.

I'm amazed at how much your hair grows in 8 months! Mine seems painfully slow in comparison. I agree by the way when you have your hair in a ponytail you'd never know it had been pixie cut. :)

KittyLost
October 27th, 2010, 01:41 AM
You have made amazing progress in 8months! Your hair grows so quickly and it is growing so nicely from a pixie you are lucky you don't need to trim :) Your hair will be long in no time at this rate, I would save you will have reached APL at the very least by this time next year. Congratulations :) also I love your comparison photos from all angles, I've never had a pixie and wouldn't get one because I have the wrong face shape but I've always wondered how one looks when it grows out.

FrannyG
October 27th, 2010, 04:26 AM
Maddy, you've had incredible progress, and your hair looks lovely! I only wish I had known about LHC when I was growing my hair out from a short length. Sadly, when I found LHC originally, my hair was a very heat-damaged, scraggly and split-endy APL.

It's going to be a smooth ride for you, Maddy my dear. As always, I continue to look forward to your progress! :blossom:

Dragon
October 27th, 2010, 04:30 AM
Great progress :)

Dani
October 27th, 2010, 05:14 AM
Man, you've got a ponytail? That is sweet! After I pixie-d my hair I trimmed the back of my head so much and so often that it only ever got longer on top, and it took -years- for me to get it into a ponytail of any sort, much less a real one like yours! You have done so well not trimming- that is the one major thing I learned about growing out a pixie cut: Don't trim the freakin' back. :p Now all you have to do is just pop it up in a ponytail as often as you want and it'll grow and grow and look cute all the way. Lucky. :D Don't forget to put it in twin pigtails; that is an awesome look with hair at that stage- especially with your long hair in front. Your hair is growing very quickly. :cool: Have fun, and you're going to have long hair before you know it!

rapunzhell13
October 27th, 2010, 05:17 AM
Great job Maddy!! You and your little doggy are both adorable. :) The colour worked out really well!

lilalong
October 27th, 2010, 05:35 AM
This looks great! Congratulations!

freckles
October 27th, 2010, 05:37 AM
great growth! :)

cybernetica
October 27th, 2010, 05:50 AM
wow amazing progress! Your hair grows super fast, your so lucky.

LouLaLa
That pixie was damn cute! And it grew out looking good too you lucky thing! Literally I would be honest if I thought it was bad, but this really is growing out attractivley- it looks like each was an intentional cut!

Amazing growth too! And the colours are really shiny too!

btw I want your dog! Trade BSL+ for it :D hehe

Nae
Wow, I am really impressed! That is a lot of growth and it really looks like it is in good shape! I trimmed the back on my way out of a pixie and it took SO much longer, I like how you decided to do it better. You are really making progress, great job!

Maddy25
October 27th, 2010, 06:09 AM
Yay thank you everyone :cheese: All the compliments are helping it be easier to put up with. I grew out a similar cut a few years back and ended up cutting the longest bottom layer because it was thin and annoying but I wish I hadnt back then, thats keeping me from cutting it now. I really hope you all are right that I will get to APL soon!! Only 2 more length updates until I hit a full year! Oh. and it took 8 months for my fringe to go from above eyebrow to below mouth, so in about 8 more months, My fringe should already be past collarbone!!!!!!!!!!!

And thanks for the puppy praises, isn't she lovely!

mizsunshyne
October 27th, 2010, 07:46 AM
Whoa, that's a big difference! Just a lil while longer now and you'll be out of the awkward phase! I wouldn't touch the bottom layer. Mine was a bit longer, like barely past my shoulders and the top layer was like a bob just below my chin, and I thought about chopping off the bottom and just having a bob, but I'm so glad I didn't. Two months later and it looks alot better and I get to keep my length.

AstrayStar
October 27th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Fantastic growth! and ooooooh the cute little doggy - so sweet!

Jasperine
October 27th, 2010, 08:47 AM
I love the pictures, but I must admit that the Pixie looked amazing on you ;)

JamieLeigh
October 27th, 2010, 09:00 AM
That's great progress, congrats on your growth! :D :cheer:

Mexibeach
October 27th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Oh, it's coming along wonderfully! Lovely pix btw! I especially love the one with puppy, cute cute cute - I have a Chihuahua too! It does seem to feel like it takes forever to grow out these short cuts, but then suddenly your hair reaches a nice shoulder length and things really start to take off and feel better. I am there now - and I'm feeling happier about my hair now. I think it takes so long for the hair to start growing again after those short cuts - especially if they use razors on it. And the layers.... they seem to start coming in and getting thicker before the actual length comes. But, it seems we're both on our way! Congrats!!! In no time we'll be APL!!!!!

Mexibeach
October 27th, 2010, 09:04 AM
I only wish I had known about LHC when I was growing my hair out from a short length.

LOL - I wish I would have known about LHC BEFORE I went for my cut!!!!! :o

Toadstool
October 27th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Wow, it grows so fast! And your ponytail really suits you!

LaurelSpring
October 27th, 2010, 09:15 AM
It is looking great! Hang in there it will all be worth it! Just remember the growing pains in case you get an urge to do it again! Thats what keeps me away from the scissors.

lapushka
October 27th, 2010, 09:17 AM
You're growing that pixie out in no time. :cheer:

Whenever I had pixies, they took me forever to grow out and they never grew out as well as yours is!

bunzfan
October 27th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Wow Maddy i think you have been fantastic in not cutting your hair at all! when i grow my out i had it cut into a bob so not giving in to the scissors shows how determined you are, i think the short cut looked great on you too you have the right face for a elfin cut:D

KajiKodomo
October 27th, 2010, 09:33 AM
It's looking great! The back layers don't look bad at all! I'm growing out from a buzzcut, so my back layers are slightly shorter than yours, and my front layers are down to the tip of my nose, so at least your layers are closer to the same length! :D I've grown out from buzzcuts quite a few times (this will be my third time), and I've done it with and without trimming the back, and I MUCH prefer leaving it all alone. It gets to a length that can be pulled back much quicker, and it also looks better sooner.

Even if you do not like how it looks now, it will soon start to look like a layered long cut in another few months, and you should be able to pull it all back into a single pony soon!

Great growing! :D

Maddy25
October 27th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Aw thank you so much everyone, you all give me the strength to push through the awkwardness that is the semi grown pixie haha

jojo
October 27th, 2010, 01:16 PM
I think you have made fantastic progress in such a short time, just think where you will be in another 8 months!

Flutterbee
October 27th, 2010, 01:26 PM
You've made fantastic progress!! I think we are at a similar length, I'm growing out a very heavily layered bob. I'm dying to trim off some of the longer layers to even it out but don't want to lose any length. I do a ponytail as well with lots of clips and pins.

little_cherry
October 27th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Incredible growth, Maddy!! Great pics! :)

Kome
October 27th, 2010, 01:48 PM
I think it looks really cute and I like the new color. The long bangs look good on you. :)

Sunny_side_up
October 27th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Looking fabulous, thats great growth and looks so healthy :) Love your lil doggie

pennyroyal
October 27th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Yay for my hair twin! :D I love the new color & your hair is about the same as mine right now. We are getting there!!! It is rough, i kno, but it will be sooooo worth it. Your hair looks great as is, much better thaqn mine. You are so pretty! :p

Nordlys
October 27th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Maddy your hair has grown really fast ! Keep going ! You will get to APL quite fast if you have such a progress :) . :thumbsup:

RecklessCharlie
October 27th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Most excellent progress! Your hair looks wonderful :)

evampr18
October 27th, 2010, 11:50 PM
You've done it! Your done and over with that pixie girl! Now you are closer to shoulder than pixie :):):)

crystal_89
October 28th, 2010, 05:48 AM
Great progress and great monitoring of that progress. It must be reassuring to see it change so much over the months. I'm growing out a pixie, too.