PDA

View Full Version : Hi guys! I'm a newbie! pics

enfashionista
October 26th, 2010, 05:54 PM
I've been checking out LHC for about a month, and finally joined. Clearly, I still need to put pictures up. My hair is currently a few inches before shoulder length.

Here's a little history on my hair...

My natural color is a deep, dark brown color. I got the not so bright idea to start messing with the color when I was 13. I wasn't allowed to use box dyes at first, so I went for a less dramatic option and tried the natural highlight enhancing John Frieda Brunette shampoo and conditioner. Immediately, red tones came out in my hair and I loved it. I took it further later and box dyed it a little more of an auburn color.

Since then, I've had my hair dyed dark, bleached with highlights, etc. I'm 20 in a couple months, and 1 month ago I decided NO MORE HEAT and no more coloring. At first, I was only going to do henna, but now I'm thinking I will grow out my natural dark brown color and take really good care of my hair.

*Note* 4 months ago, I decided I wanted to be a full blonde, not just highlighted. My hair had been box dyed a black to get try and get rid of the red tones (ironic huh), and then I bleached it progressively lighter at the salon. It took 6 trips to get it the right ashy shade. By then, my hair was so damaged, frizzy, brittle, and unhealthy. I decided to go back to the salon, bring my hair back to a chocolate brown, stock up on excellent salon products (including Moroccan argan oil, which is a lifesaver!), and start taking prenatal NatureMade vitamins to help the new hair grow healthy. I also shampoo differently. No sulfates, and only massaging the scalp, only conditioning the bottom length.

My hair is much softer after taking these vitamins, and not using heat has turned my hair around completely. Now I'm just waiting on it to grow! :)

My goal is also mid waist-hip length. I have good thickness to my hair, I would just like to it to stay thick and grow healthy down to right above my hips. No longer than that though. Maybe a tad longer than Kim Kardashian's hair.

My Prenatal Vitamins (http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/shop_product_detail.jsp;jsessionid=21GRMD7YBBybllc G8TLQnwxLSl5PDJyTyghYkJ22dWlsYXJ0vTLK!-14899303?filterBy=&skuId=713518&productId=713518&navAction=jump&navCount=3)

Morrocan Oil (I use original oil treatment)
(http://www.moroccanoil.com/en/our-products.html)

I'd love any advice, tips, etc :)

xx

enfashionista
October 26th, 2010, 05:58 PM
ps: my pictures didn't work! Sorry!

M Saint
October 28th, 2010, 02:29 AM
Same problem. I think you need to post a number of times before you can successfully upload photos.

sophiamarie
October 28th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Welcome enfashionista. This is a wonderful informative site.

violetmermaid
October 28th, 2010, 11:58 AM
hello enfashionista, new here myself. I used to damage my hair like that when I was younger, didn't help that my sister is a toni & guy certified stylist. I was kinda her guinea pig,lol. I have decided recently to stop coloring my hair as well. Have always loved my color, black w/ red highlights in the sun, but was covering up the gray. Now I have come to the conclusion that those gray's are like battle scars, they are a testiment to the things I have faced and concured,lol. I use prenatal vitamins, moroccan oil, and use coconut oil shampoo & conditioner. I have even gone so far as paper rolling my hair recently instead of heat. The heat doesn't seem to hold because of the weight of the hair. Sleeping in paper rollers seem to hold up to 12 hrs. so far.;)

Lunakitty
October 28th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Prenatal vitamins! I do remember that my hair grew really well when I was pregnant. Hmmm I may try those! Thanks!

hairobsessed1
October 28th, 2010, 12:03 PM
I also LOVE argan oil :) i had a similar problem when years of drying my hair left it damaged- im trying to grow the dye out- havent died it since July 2009. pleased to hear that your ne routine is working for you.