PDA

View Full Version : Layers and Tangles

duh_its_Sarah
October 26th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Do layers prevent your hair from tangling as much?

Intransigentia
October 26th, 2010, 02:29 PM
This is just conjecture here:

Maybe a little for really straight hair, in that the shorter the hair, the less likely it is to tangle, so since layers involve some hair being shorter, those shorter hairs might be less likely to tangle than their longer counterparts.

On the other hand, i imagine layers would make tangling worse for curlies, since there would be ends pointing different directions, all over the place, all of which could interact with other strands and lead to trouble.

duh_its_Sarah
October 26th, 2010, 02:31 PM
interesting. i love your shiny hair btw

chopandchange
October 26th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Very perceptive of you, Intransigentia! I have curly hair and I can't wait till I can grow out my layers! They definitely make my hair tangle more than I remember it doing when it was all one length.

Intransigentia
October 26th, 2010, 02:41 PM
interesting. i love your shiny hair btw

Thanks! Sometimes I believe it's real; sometimes I think it's just how I had the lighting set up that day. I think today I'm going to believe it's real, to make myself happy :disco:

duh_its_Sarah
October 26th, 2010, 02:43 PM
well, the people behind you and in front of you in that same lighting KNOW its real so i would go with that! lol :D

DuckyDot
October 26th, 2010, 02:44 PM
My layers (Which I hate) have made my hair less tangly (sp?) and I'm a curly.

pepperminttea
October 26th, 2010, 02:47 PM
I'm only a half-wavy but I do definitely get more tangles when I have layers.

Cleopatra18
October 26th, 2010, 02:48 PM
I have curly hair and layers make my tangles aloot worse.

enfys
October 26th, 2010, 02:59 PM
I have almost totally straight hair and layers make my tangling worse. They also make it hard to keep up with split ends, leading to more tangles.

Sammich
October 26th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Tangles made my hair worse when I had them, and wow were they extreme. ;)
*Points at my albums* :D

UltraBella
October 26th, 2010, 09:10 PM
I have really thick wavy hair and my layers make it easier for me to detangle my hair. I love my layers :)

Sundial
October 26th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Layers are a nightmare for me, I've never had much trouble with tangles when my hair was one length. I often put my hair in half-ups when I want it down, to get the layers out of the way and I don't have as much issues that way