PDA

View Full Version : Hello there! I'm new! :)

Jessicaa
October 26th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Hello everyone!

I've been lurking this forum for a couple of months and I finally decided that I HAD to register. For the past five years I've been trying to grow my hair out to hip length. I've had many issues trying to succeed with this goal but thankfully I've learned more about taking better care of my hair. In the past I had unknowingly put my hair through tons and tons of damage with blow fryers, straighteners, bleaching, dying... :shrug: I'm just ready to stop using heat appliances all together and start taking better care of my hair. When I was younger I had beautiful, healthy, shiny, and, long hair (almost hip lenth) and of course... I cut it all off. :brickwall I've regretted that decision since day one and I just wish I had never done such a stupid thing! I wish I had known before that my hair looks its best when it's long and natural. I'm ready to stop with the hair abuse and get my long healthy hair back! It's been a long time since then but I know I can do it, especially with everyones support here. I can't wait for all of the informational tips and advice that I will get from this forum... I'm definitely a newbie and I will need lots of help from you guys! :)

Thanks,
Jessica

luxepiggy
October 26th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Hi! Pretty avatar! Welcome to LHC (^(oo)^)/"

Jessicaa
October 26th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Thanks luxepiggy! You have gorgeous hair and I love your avatar!

Yozhik
October 26th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Welcome to the forum, fellow Virginian! :)

Good luck on your hair journey! :flower:

MaryLA
October 26th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Welcome Jessicaa! You will love it here!

duh_its_Sarah
October 26th, 2010, 02:19 PM
when you were younger? You still look so young!!! beautiful! welcome!

TinaDenali
October 26th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Welcome to LHC! :D

pepperminttea
October 26th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Welcome - and good for you! :)

Aevra
October 26th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Welcome to LHC! I"m sure that you'll find everything you're looking for here...and probably more.

I hope that you enjoy.

Happy growing!

Starflower
October 26th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Welcome from another former lurking newbie =)

jojo
October 26th, 2010, 04:50 PM
:flowers: Welcome you are in the right place!

enfashionista
October 26th, 2010, 05:31 PM
I'm new I just joined also. I still need to put pictures up haha. My hair a a few inches below shoulder length and I have long-ish layers. 5 weeks ago I started taking the NatureMade prental vitamins, I've stopped using heat completely (huge difference in the health of my hair now, only after a month or so), I bought great quality salon products and deep conditioners (has helped immensely). I have naturally dark brown hair but when I was 13 I dyed it, totally regret that now. Once you start dying it's a killer cycle on your hair. 4 months ago I started bleaching my hair out of a black color. It took 6 salon trips to get the ashy dark blonde I wanted, and by then my hair was in horrible shape. I went back to the salon, finally went back to a chocolate dark brown, and my hair has been a completely different story only after a month.

My goal is also mid waist-hip length. I have decent thickness to my hair, I would just like to it to stay thick and grow healthy down to my hips. No longer than that though. Maybe a tad longer than Kim Kardashian's hair.

Good luck! We can be progress buddies :P

Jessicaa
October 26th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Thank you so much everyone!! I'm so excited to start seeing healthier results. It's going to be a nice change to just let my hair be itself for once!:p

enfashionista- So many things you described happened to me too, especially with all the coloring incidents! Right now I'm taking Biotin 5,000 mcg daily and I'm also going to try DE which I found out about from this forum! I've been doing the CWC and also doing deep conditioning/treatments to hopefully see a more healthier side to my hair. Good luck to you too and I'd love to be progress buddies! :grin:

<3OnHerSleeve
October 26th, 2010, 08:42 PM
welcome to LHC, hope to see u around the threads :P

Jessica Trapp
October 26th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Welcome to LHC!

eezepeeze
October 26th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Welcome!!!

CurlyTresses
October 27th, 2010, 12:04 AM
Hello and Welcome :-)

Cholera
October 27th, 2010, 12:49 AM
Hi, Jessica! Welcome to membership, and good luck growing your hair out!

I'm new I just joined also. I still need to put pictures up haha. My hair a a few inches below shoulder length and I have long-ish layers. 5 weeks ago I started taking the NatureMade prental vitamins,

-snip-

Welcome, too, enfashionista. I wanted to warn you a little about taking pre-natal vitamins when you aren't pregnant. Those particular ones have 150% rda of iron, so unless you're anemic, I suggest taking them every other day. Other than that, good luck on your journey as well!

jera
October 27th, 2010, 01:52 AM
Hi and welcome to LHC. You're hair is beautiful already. :)

Dani
October 27th, 2010, 05:40 AM
Welcome, Jessica, fellow Virginian. :D Well, I've been here for 10 years, so I have to call myself a Virginian at the moment, I guess. :p I had very long hair as a kid and chopped it all off when I was 12 and it was mess-with-my-hair city forever after, and even after I found LHC. :p It's always good to experience things, even bad things, because we learn from them. You'll appreciate your hair growing trip and long hair much more now, right? :D

These are fantastic forums, with very caring people. I'm glad you joined, 'cause you seem like a very cool person. :) It's easy to get obsessed with one's hair here and try all sorts of things, so be forewarned. :p After trying everything over the years (and being way too obsessed with having "perfect" hair and ends- which is impossible!), I've found that benign neglect is the way to go for me, especially when wanting to grow my hair long. I just wash my scalp and condition the length whenever I feel like it, maybe a conditioner-only wash every once in a while, or Water-only rinse, and I leave in some coconut oil on the ends after each shower. Double damp braids, done. :D It's easiest and less stressful to just leave it alone and let it grow, imo. :cheese: I throw in a heavy oiling or deep condition whenever I want, too.

CWC and CO is fantastic for all the obvious reasons and results, and I wish I could always do that, but my skin breaks out so easily from any conditioner getting on it, no matter what I use to wash with afterward (and I don't like using a soap or wash of any sort on my skin anyway, just water), that it's just not worth it to me. I've been dealing with that conditioner = breakouts thing since I was 10! It's been like a lifetime battle for me, heh. Uh, anyway.. I guess that's all I have to say for now. :p That was my ridiculously long welcome to you. :D Have fun!

Deborah
October 27th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Welcome! Don't feel badly about cutting your long hair off before. That's in the past. It will grow down to those hips before you know it!

Jessicaa
October 27th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Thanks again everyone!! I'm excited for my long hair journey!:grin:

Dani- Thank you for all your great advice! I agree, I do think it was a good thing that I've already experienced the bad things. I've learned my lesson, that's for sure! I'll definitely appreciate my hair now and when it IS long! I'm going to be babying my hair from here on out! I'll be benign neglecting my hair for sure too... I know it works for my hair and that's how I got it to (almost) hip length when I was younger! Thank you for the long welcome also, it was very nice of you and hello to you too fellow Virginian! :cheese:

Also, hello to you too Yozhik!:waving: Another fellow Virginian! It's awesome that I've already met two people from the same state.

vanity_acefake
October 27th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Welcome to LHC.
:)

tinti
October 27th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Welcome to LHC!

Alexannee10
October 27th, 2010, 06:36 PM
I'm sure you'll reach your goal ! Hip lenght is my goal lenght too, so let's grow together haha :P

And I love your avatar, you look lovely !