PDA

View Full Version : My hair after a year!

Pegasus Marsters
May 28th, 2008, 05:53 PM
So as most of you will know I cut my hair off into a pixie cut during May last year. All I've done since then is trim my bangs and stop the back from turning into a mullet... Well, I feel it's about time to show you how my hair looks now.

The colours are a wee-bit off cuz my camera phone sucks and I couldn't find batteries for my digicam.

Anyhooo, to the pics!
This time Last year:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/pegasusmarsters/Picture001-2.jpg

AND NOW:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/pegasusmarsters/Image016.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/pegasusmarsters/Image000.jpg

akurah
May 28th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Gorgeous! :D

Lamb
May 28th, 2008, 05:55 PM
You have had as much growth as that in only one year?? I am in serious growth envy!!
Your hair looks awesome, very thick and smooth.

Islandgrrl
May 28th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Pegs, that's some seriously impressive growth! Awesome!!!

Morag
May 28th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Wow, Pegasus, your hair grows FAST!!! And it's so nice and thick, too - I'm envious!

morningstar
May 28th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Very nice growth. Wow has it been a year already. It looks so even on the ends too. Great job!

DaveDecker
May 28th, 2008, 06:03 PM
That much growth in a year? :thud: Looks awesome Peg! I think it's gonna race down your back from here. :hollie:

Patrycja
May 28th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Very awesome Peggsie :)

and I saved my 1000 post for this one right here :D

Jason
May 28th, 2008, 06:38 PM
That is some amazing growth for a year!

DavidN
May 28th, 2008, 06:40 PM
What wonderful growth in the past year, Pegs, and your hair is healthy and filled with shine!

spidermom
May 28th, 2008, 06:40 PM
I'm gobsmacked! One year? Are you sure it hasn't been more? My longest layer was at ear level at one year after a pixie cut.

Morticia
May 28th, 2008, 06:41 PM
You'll be at "princess" length in no time!

AshleyP
Thats some good growth. :D

GlennaGirl
Holy cow! You look beeeeeeeautiful, dahling! Gorgeous, shiny locks, there.

Pegasus Marsters
May 28th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Thanks guys ^.^ It's definately only been a bit over a year, I cut my hair around the 12th of May last year... I'm pleased with the growth ^.^

Morticia: I've already gone through Snow White length and I'm well on my way to Cinderella length, don't you think? :face: Next stop after that... Belle length!

I'm surprised how shiny my hair looks considering I abuse it with shampoo and hair dyes XD

talula_fairie
May 28th, 2008, 06:45 PM
WOOT!!!

You have given me hope, you don't even know! I'm growing out a pixie right now. And I've been doing the same thing, just trimming the bangs at times and mostly the back to keep it from turning into a mullet.

Mrs_Zombie
May 28th, 2008, 06:47 PM
HOLY CRAP PEGS!! Your hair has grown SSSOOOO MUCH!! Congrats! It looks beautiful!!

I myself am going for sleeping beauty length!! :D

XOXO

OhioLisa
May 28th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Wow! That is some fab looking growth, Pegs! It's looking beautiful!! :flower:

30isthenewblack
May 28th, 2008, 06:55 PM
That's amazing growth. I had to read your post twice to make sure!

awesometruffle
May 28th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Can I just share my silliness for a moment? I thought I was looking at before and after pics and I was thinking to myself "these LHC people really are delusional. I don't see a difference AT ALL." :cheese: Now I get it ... no pixie pics in sight :) Glad to see such success!

harley mama
May 28th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Pegs, your hair is looking great and growing so fast.
It looks very healthy.

Pegasus Marsters
May 28th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Haha I just edited to put a picture of the pixie in.. I didn't take any pics of my hair from behind when it was short, sorry. -_-

Thanks for all the kind words ^.^ Perhaps I should re-arrange my princesses in my sig into the order in which I'll hit their hair lengths?

Alley Cat
May 28th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Very pretty Peg's and it has grown well hasn't it? :inlove:

darkwaves
May 28th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Great growth -- your hair looks like it's ready to take off again! (It's that curl on the ends, preparing for the next growth spurt.)

thankyousir74
May 28th, 2008, 07:07 PM
wow very nice, i hope my hair grows that much in a year! pegasus i join you in the hair regrowth club lol

30isthenewblack
May 28th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Can I just share my silliness for a moment? I thought I was looking at before and after pics and I was thinking to myself "these LHC people really are delusional. I don't see a difference AT ALL." :cheese: Now I get it ... no pixie pics in sight :) Glad to see such success!

Hahaha ... that's what I thought the first time before I read the post again and then I went woah ... I know what everyone is talking about :poot:

kwaniesiam
May 28th, 2008, 07:40 PM
You're a hair growin' machine, m'dear! Pretty soon you'll be well on your way to Jasmine/Pochahontas hair, and with that thickness have Jasmine's braid too!

RavennaNight
May 28th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Wow! Not to be repetitive, but Iam also in complete awe at how fast your hair grew! Good genes!

angelthadiva
May 28th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Wow, your hair looks great! :) :flower:
Did you change the color from last year, or is it due to not having flash on the pic from last year?
**Slight hijack!**

Very awesome Peggsie :)

and I saved my 1000 post for this one right here :D

Welcome to gurudom! Here are your minions! :)

http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/jumping/jumping0041.gif (http://www.generalfinancecentre.com)

**end hijack**

Pegasus Marsters
May 28th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Wow, your hair looks great! :) :flower:
Did you change the color from last year, or is it due to not having flash on the pic from last year?

I change colour constantly... but last time there was no flash, my hair was actually a mahogany colour, not the black it appears to be. Now it's brown with blonde highlights, and goes red in sunlight.

Thanks again for the compliments ^.^

Indigo Girl
May 28th, 2008, 08:34 PM
That is fantastic growth - incredibly fast! And so shiny. :D

Re-arranging your siggy pics to match goal length is a neat idea too - I like it! ;)

Shell
May 28th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Beautiful as always!

Speedbump
May 28th, 2008, 09:31 PM
What? No mullet photos? :(

:run::couch: :misskim:

J/K! Lookin' good Peggypie! Lovely growth in such a short amount of time. :smooch:

coppercurls
May 28th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Wow that is a ton of growth for 1 year! It really looks good.

Dark Rosaleen
May 28th, 2008, 09:47 PM
You have lovely hair. I think it looks most like Belle's as far as color, though it's nearly the same length too.

Pegasus Marsters
May 28th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Thanks everyone ^.^ and tut tut, Speedy. I avoided cameras at all costs when I was rocking the mullet!

You have lovely hair. I think it looks most like Belle's as far as color, though it's nearly the same length too.

Aye my hair is definately closest to Belles in terms of colour (everyone else is either much much fairer, or much much darker... or Ariel has like.. crayola red hair!) but it's more Cinderella length right now. Cinder's was a little past her shoulders, Belle's was more like BSL ^.^ (Pegs is a Disney Princess nerd!)

ole gray mare
May 28th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Pegs, you're so cute even a mullet wouldn't stand a chance! Congrats on great progress!!!

feralnature
May 28th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Pegs, I am truly inspired. I am growing out a short cut and am going through an awkward stage here. Great to see such progress in a year. Your hair is lovely:)

galen
May 28th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Great growth. I am also growing out from a short haircut and have three months to go to one year without a cut.

rubyredslippers
May 28th, 2008, 11:59 PM
WOW! Amazing growth. And it looks so healthy too!:D

Pegasus Marsters
May 29th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Thank you so much guys. I really am surprised my hair looks healthy after all the abuse it suffers at my hands. I think I just have good genes ^.^

bunnii
May 29th, 2008, 12:00 PM
WOW!! all that in one year *jealous* and i'm also loving those tatoos :D:D

Pegasus Marsters
May 29th, 2008, 12:09 PM
WOW!! all that in one year *jealous* and i'm also loving those tatoos :D:D

Hehe thank you ^.^ And great to see another Boosh fan about ;)

bunnii
May 29th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Hurrah for quick growth, tatoos and the mighty boosh ;)

Exodus
May 29th, 2008, 02:53 PM
OK, can I have your growth please? Seriously, I wish my hair would grow as much in a year.
So, do you have a goal length now?

birthmarkie
May 29th, 2008, 02:53 PM
:pegasus: Congratulations, Pegs!!! What an amazing comparison. Your hair looks stunningly healthy and beautiful.

C_Bookworm
May 29th, 2008, 02:57 PM
I can't believe how fast it grows. It looks so nice and healthy too! Is that your natural color?

Amoretti
May 29th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Wow, Pegs, your hair is simply beautiful!!!

kimki
May 29th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Hey, have only just seen your post. Your hair has grown shed loads! Beautiful, happy anniversary. :flowers:

You look cute with a pixie too. :D

Newniepg
May 29th, 2008, 03:15 PM
How very pretty! I love your way of naming goal lengths by the way, I think they should be included on the official list in the articles section.

I myself am at Ping length, I hope to get to Mulan length and then onwards to Aurora length...I may not get the perfect curls at the end like she does though!

I also love Disney movies!

FrannyG
May 29th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Just beautiful, Pegs! :cloud9: I can't believe it's already been a year. It's quite a difference. Of course, you look gorgeous in any length. :flowers: :pegasus:

wintersun99
May 29th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Thanks for all the kind words ^.^ Perhaps I should re-arrange my princesses in my sig into the order in which I'll hit their hair lengths?

ooo, this would be a neat idea - do it! and congrats on the growth, lookin' good! :eyebrows:

p.s. um? which is which? I got sleeping beauty and I got jasmine, who are the others?

Isilya
May 29th, 2008, 03:42 PM
ooo, this would be a neat idea - do it! and congrats on the growth, lookin' good! :eyebrows:

p.s. um? which is which? I got sleeping beauty and I got jasmine, who are the others?

Left to right in Peg's siggie: Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty/Aurora, Ariel, Belle and Jasmine

Saranne772
May 29th, 2008, 03:48 PM
That is FANTASTIC growth Wow!! At that rate you will soon be at waist :D

Pegasus Marsters
May 29th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Thanks guys... Isilya got it dead on, that's the order they are in my sig. I was being obsessive and put them in the order the films were released (I also organise my disney videos/dvds in this way!)

As for colour... I do dye my hair but I don't tend to take it too far from the natural shade. Naturally I'm mid-brown, this is just the same but with some golden highlights added. I think I'll go red soon though ^.^

And as for goal length... My aim is "Ariel" length which puts my hair at around hips. First of all I have to get past Cinderella, Belle and Aurora length. I'm not sure I'll ever go as far as Jasmine, her hair was past classic.

Loviatar
May 29th, 2008, 04:21 PM
I blame your great hair growth on your ligaments, and the marvellous frequent fixing of your foot. ;)

I may have had red wine tonight. Excuse me :D

Pegasus Marsters
May 29th, 2008, 04:24 PM
I blame your great hair growth on your ligaments, and the marvellous frequent fixing of your foot. ;)

I may have had red wine tonight. Excuse me :D

RAAAAWWWRRRRRR....

Are you scared now?!

;)

Fee
May 29th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Great growth, lovely hair, keep it up! :flower:

swanns
May 29th, 2008, 04:43 PM
That's amazing growht! And the colour looks great too!

wintersun99
May 29th, 2008, 05:33 PM
I blame your great hair growth on your ligaments, and the marvellous frequent fixing of your foot. I may have had red wine tonight. Excuse me :D

bahwahahhahha - it's NOT night yet! (oh, I'm having a glass as we speak, too) :eyebrows:

Pegs: I loved Ariel's hair (that's the one with the long red hair, no?) I remember it being beautiful and incidentally, the favorite one of my 6 year old niece, too. :D

Pegasus Marsters
May 29th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Thanks guys.

And Wintersun, it's night where me and Lovi are;) I call it Peg&LoviLand. ;)

Yes Ariel had long red hair, I wanted her hair when I was a kid. Infact I just wanted to be her when I was a kid ^.^

suicides_eve
May 29th, 2008, 06:21 PM
you have come a long way, nice job

AutumnLeaves
May 29th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Beautiful Pegs!!! Your hair looks so thick and healthy! Wow!

Darian Moone
May 29th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Gorgeous growth Pegs! And so incredibly fast! :D Congratulations!

Pegasus Marsters
May 29th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Thanks everyone :flowers: :pegasus:

Shermie Girl
May 29th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Your hair looks great. Shiny and healthy looking. You have had a lot of growth in the last year. :D

Pegasus Marsters
May 30th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Thanks Shermie Girl :flowers: ^.^

Shorty89
May 30th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Looking good pegs! Your hair grows crazy fast.

Pegasus Marsters
May 30th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Thanks Shorty. Pegs has good genetics for hair growth, clearly ;)

Paniscus
May 30th, 2008, 06:52 PM
When I first came to LHC, you had LONG hair. Then you whacked it off to my surprise. It was very cute though, long and short suits you. I'm glad to see you're growing it back out. And I concur with others here.... your hair grows FAST! Lucky you!

Gorgeous hair Pegs!

paradoxx
May 30th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Hey Pegs, I remember when you cut your hair and I am AMAZED that it grew so much in just a year! It looks great!

Pegasus Marsters
May 30th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Thanks guys.

I think short hair was something I needed to do... I needed to whack it off and start fresh, I think it's one of those "working out who you are" things.. and I think I feel more like me the longer my hair gets.

tuuli
May 30th, 2008, 08:11 PM
So much growth in 12 months? :thud:
You must have a bamboo growth gene! :D

It looks gorgeous! :)

psvzum
May 30th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Wow!!!! Amazing growth. Your hair is so pretty!!!! Love your tattoos too : )

ladystar
May 30th, 2008, 08:59 PM
WOW grew a lot!!! Congrats

Pegasus Marsters
May 30th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the hair and tattoo compliments guys ^.^

justme
May 31st, 2008, 06:44 AM
Wow! I just saw this thread and that is some really amazingly fast and beautiful growth. Do you have plans about how long you're going to go, or is it more of a see how you feel along the way thing?

lilalong
May 31st, 2008, 06:49 AM
other have said it before, but:
Wow! Amazing growth.

loves2spin
May 31st, 2008, 07:12 AM
Amazing growth! How wonderful! :)

paper
May 31st, 2008, 08:52 AM
Wow, your hair sure grew alot. It looks great condition too!

AquaViolet1973
May 31st, 2008, 04:00 PM
Wow! Your hair has really grown! What is your hair length goal now? (I'm sorry if this has already been asked. I haven't read through the whole thread.) :)

sandrak
May 31st, 2008, 04:07 PM
I remember when you cut your hair. Has it been a year already?? My goodness time sure flies. Your hair looks beautiful!

Pegasus Marsters
May 31st, 2008, 04:09 PM
It's definately been a year;) Thank you all for your kind words.

As for goals, at the moment I'd like to get my hair to "Ariel" length which is around hip length. But for now I think I'll just let it grow and forget about it. Right now I'm really enjoying getting to re-learn different styles (Like now I can wear a ponytail whereas two months ago I could only do pigtails!) as my hair grows.

toodramatik
May 31st, 2008, 09:09 PM
wow! I can hardly believe I'm looking at the same hair! well done ^_^

Chrissy
May 31st, 2008, 09:37 PM
You have to die for fast growing hair genes. It looks great. It's hard to believe a year has gone by already.

Teacherbear
May 31st, 2008, 10:15 PM
Your hair looks great, Pegs! Very shiny!

julya
May 31st, 2008, 11:28 PM
That is some very impressive growth. Your hair looks beautiful!

sahiba
June 1st, 2008, 02:13 AM
Great growth and beautiful hair.

Pegasus Marsters
June 1st, 2008, 01:13 PM
Thanks everyone ^.^ I think I get my fast-growing genes from my dad, he'd get his hair cut short and it'd be back to the length mine is now within what seemed like weeks (course it was prolly more like months, haha!)

bugeyedmonster2
June 1st, 2008, 07:24 PM
Oh, it's looking very nice and healthy!

(^_^)/
BEM

vindo
June 1st, 2008, 09:24 PM
It looks wonderful! Very even and in a soft and shiny condition! Great job! :rockerdud

Pegasus Marsters
June 1st, 2008, 10:21 PM
Thank you so much everyone ^.^ I'm starting to feel like a longhair again.

Kevyspen
June 2nd, 2008, 11:21 AM
Wow that is amazing ! I must admit I didn't think we'd see you again!