PDA

View Full Version : New member, can't view certain things

tunnelblue
October 26th, 2010, 10:25 AM
I'm a new member and I've waited a while for the validation process. I found a post a woman posted about a certain hair product that might be able to help me. I've been desperate to see the results. When I click on her name to see her album it just says:

tunnelblue, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.Sooo...it's been a while. How do I get the privilege? Also, I don't know why I would have been disabled by a administrator...I have done no trolling or anything of that sort. Please, I am desperate. Thanks.

aenflex
October 26th, 2010, 10:32 AM
what is a while? you wont be able to look at certain things until after the mods actually activate your account. this may take 24 hours or longer. you will be able to sign in, but won't have privileges until they activate you. then you must post like 25 times or something before you get more access, then post 100 times before getting a blog or albums. all this is in the FAQ section i think?

BrightEyes7
October 26th, 2010, 10:36 AM
You need to have 25+ posts to view profile albums I believe. Here it is all about post count. The more you post, the more privelages you will get. It's for all members' safety!

ETA: Here is the thread for how many posts earn you which privelages.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=1657

tunnelblue
October 26th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Oh, darn. Okay, thank you!

angelthadiva
October 26th, 2010, 12:41 PM
♪♫ Just keep posting, just keep posting... ♪♫

M Saint
November 3rd, 2010, 01:39 AM
I have noticed there are message that talk about photos and people are commenting on them but I don't see anything! Does this take a while? I'm at 25+ posts myself.

enfys
November 4th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Some people choose to pit their photos in private albums that you only get access to if they accept a friend request. Those albums will otherwise never show up regardless of privileges.

BellCat
November 24th, 2010, 08:15 AM
im 'new' ish i joined about a month ago. still cant upload or even post anything. All i can do is reply?? is that what you mean by post? i have been trying to post for ages !!! whats going on? i got a couple of validation e-mails ???

Gumball
November 24th, 2010, 08:54 AM
im 'new' ish i joined about a month ago. still cant upload or even post anything. All i can do is reply?? is that what you mean by post? i have been trying to post for ages !!! whats going on? i got a couple of validation e-mails ???

Posting is the act of submitting a message and having it show up, whether it is replying to a thread (like you have done here) or beginning your own thread. So far it looks like you have posted in total about five times. :) Things are looking good so far!

cameronscurls
April 28th, 2011, 09:40 AM
aaah, i wonder how many posts i have posted! ive lost count.. cant be far from 25 now!

Joribear
April 28th, 2011, 05:15 PM
aaah, i wonder how many posts i have posted! ive lost count.. cant be far from 25 now!

You should be able to see your post count to the left of any post you've made. (17 as of right now!)

cameronscurls
April 29th, 2011, 09:00 AM
oohh, of course! thank you for pointing that out for me! well im above 25 now.. still cant view peoples profiles .. hmm..

ladyfey
April 29th, 2011, 10:06 AM
I have 50 posts and still can't start a thread, so you are not alone! (I don't understand either)

FlowerTwin
April 29th, 2011, 11:51 AM
oohh, of course! thank you for pointing that out for me! well im above 25 now.. still cant view peoples profiles .. hmm..

You could always try to log out and then in to see if that does it for you. But priviliges are given manually and if the mods have alot to do it might take some time.

I have 50 posts and still can't start a thread, so you are not alone! (I don't understand either)

To start a new thread go to the appropriate forum. To your left, above the threads (and underneath the ad) you should se a gray button with 'new' written on it. Click it and start your thread. :)

KatyS
December 19th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Whaaaaaaaaaattt?????

I can't even go to the link about FAQs that was posted?!!!! :confused:

Help, what's going on!!!

Anje
December 19th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Whaaaaaaaaaattt?????

Help, what's going on!!!
It's not just you -- I can't view it either and I've been around long enough to see just about everything non-modly.
Try this link for the FAQ. (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_vb_read_and_post)
The list of how long/how many posts you need to do specific things is here. (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=68519)

KatyS
December 21st, 2011, 11:24 AM
It's not just you -- I can't view it either and I've been around long enough to see just about everything non-modly.
Try this link for the FAQ. (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_vb_read_and_post)
The list of how long/how many posts you need to do specific things is here. (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=68519)

Thankyou! :)

dragaica
March 5th, 2012, 06:23 AM
Trying to see the swap threads and can't - thanks for link - it will be useful. :)

Madora
March 5th, 2012, 04:02 PM
dragaica, here's a link to the Swap Board (in case you need it):

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14

Finoriel
March 6th, 2012, 03:52 AM
Whaaaaaaaaaattt?????

Help, what's going on!!!
This thread is from October 2010 :wink:
The link is ancient and some things have been restructured and reposted since then :) Anje got the up-to-date links. They (and many more helpful links) are in the announcement at the top of this forum.

ladyfey, issues with starting new threads can be due to incompatible browsers vs. forum software. Hit the compatibility button of your browser or try using another one to see if it gets better.

ETA: dragaica, even unregistered / logged out you should be able to see the swap section. So I don't have an explanation for you not being able to see it. :/