PDA

View Full Version : AVC rinses leaving my hair 'greasy' - help!?

RecklessCharlie
October 25th, 2010, 08:41 PM
So I did an ACV rinse last night, with 3 tbsp per 1 cup water and made sure (at least I thought) to rinse it out very well. However when it dried though it felt very nice and my scalp loves it, there was this greasy, lank look to my crown and underneath.

My question is, how long is long enough to rinse with water after ACV and should I be doing more than just rinsing it out with water?

Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated! I've been WO for quite a while now and I really don't want to have to 'wash' my hair with something to get rid of this dirty look from the ACV.

little_cherry
October 25th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Hmm, I only use around 1-2 tbs of ACV per 2.5 cups of water..you dilution may actually be contributing the the greasiness. I part my hair gently and rinse it out thoroughly. :)

Anje
October 25th, 2010, 09:19 PM
I found that vinegar (I typically use white vinegar, because I'm cheap) tended to pull some grease off my scalp when I did WO. When I wanted to do that, I'd give it a good thorough rinsing with diluted vinegar, massage it around a bit, then do a good long massaging rinse to get it all out under the shower.

Maybe the first question is what the total volume of the rinse was. A little might wash the oil onto your length instead of rinsing it right out. I usually use about 4 cups.

Another rinse or two should get rid of it, if you decide you can't stand the effect anymore. But though I've seen other folks complain that vinegar makes their hair look oily, I don't really know what it could be other than it pulling oil off the scalp. It does also tend to decrease frizz and increase shine.

sibiryachka
October 26th, 2010, 08:54 AM
I think your rinse is too strong. I use 1 tablespoon of vinegar to 1 cup of water, after experiencing exactly what you report with a stronger solution.

andrea1982
October 26th, 2010, 08:58 AM
I agree with the above posts to use less vinegar. I use one tablespoon per two cups. Anything more makes my hair look limp and greasy.

RecklessCharlie
October 26th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Thank you everyone for the advice! I was using a dilution that I had read here on LHC but it may indeed be too strong for my very thick but fine stranded hair.
I will attempt it with less AVC - Thanks!