PDA

View Full Version : Ugh. Bangs in the eyes :(

GlennaGirl
October 25th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Hey, boyz 'n girlz.

I've had bangs (parted slightly off-center) forever. I really love the look.

The problem is that I like it even better when they're a smidge on the long side...but I CAN NOT STAND feeling them there...on my eyebrows.

Right now, for instance, I have them parted in the middle ("curtain-"style but not very thick) and I can feel them sweeping the outsides of my eyebrows and they are driving me CRAZY, yet it's a great look for me.

I've fiddled so much over the past few years with bangs..no bangs...bangs and it usually comes down to this: I never let myself get used to feeling them "there". Then I cut them or clip them back...so I don't know whether I would eventually get used to them. Anybody feel the same way I do? Did you get used to that feeling? Or did you decide beauty does not have to be pain, and pushed them well out of your eyes? :p

It's a trivial question, but I was curious.

CaityBear
October 25th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Usually once they get in my eyes TOO much I trim them back again. I love having bangs. Usually they just hang to the sides, and when they get so long they're in my eyes, I pin them back with a bobby pin. THEN realize I should just trim them. haha

jojo
October 25th, 2010, 05:56 PM
The hardest part of growing a fringe out is when they are shorter than your face; once you get to chin length it gets better.

I had a fringe all my life up to 3 years ago and mine are now nearly APL length. I felt all forehead at first and was convinced I looked weird but it was only because i was used to having hair there, now I couldnt imagine having a fringe, just clip them or twist them back and forget them, they grow pretty quick!

Aliped
October 25th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Grrrr,I am very familiar with annoying bangs. When mine get too long, they bump into my glasses and get a hideous flip. It is impossible to blow dry them straight, because they flip back in ten minutes. That is one of the reasons I keep my bangs just skimming my brows. :)

spidermom
October 25th, 2010, 06:09 PM
When I get tired of bangs and want to grow them out, I always buy some small, pretty clippie things and pull them back. I like to take one strand kind of slanting off the the side, clip it back, take the next strand, cross it over the first, clip it back, and so forth. There are so many options!

This last time, I've become so used to the convenience of being able to bun or braid all my hair back that I haven't gone back to fringe for 2-3 years now.

Carolyn
October 25th, 2010, 06:20 PM
I never minded bangs that covered my brows. Bangs that end above the brows aren't a good look on me. They looked like someone got carried away with trimming them. Bangs that touched my lashes kind of drove me nuts but that was a far better look for me. Think Nicolette Sheridan on Knott's Landing. The sideswept bangs that are popular today would drive me insane. Plus my face is still oily even at my age and my bangs would be greasy and piecy within a few hours after washing my hair. I used to do bang washes but that was a giant PITA. I think you have to decide if comfort and what looks good to you is the most important. When I was debating on growing out my bangs, I kind of took a personal survey of yes she looks good with bangs or yes she looks even better without bangs. I'd do that when I was at a mall or somewhere like that. The no bangs look won by a huge landslide. That was when I grew mine out. I've grown out bangs several times and the first few months of the grow out was hideous. However I think bangs are more fashionable now than when I last had them. I'm not helping much am I? :gabigrin:

birthmarkie
October 25th, 2010, 06:48 PM
You could try growing them a little bit longer and anchor them on your ear. It frames the face but is out of the way when you want it to be, and you can part them anywhere.