PDA

View Full Version : ACV... Whoah!

EverydayMiracle
October 25th, 2010, 04:54 PM
I haven't been around much for a couple of days. I had a fit on Saturday when my computer decided to have some minor issues that stopped me from doing what I wanted to do with it. I had the whole thing taken apart, and thus was not here.

I wanted to share my ACV experience with you all. I oiled on Friday afternoon, then about seven hours later I put V05 (conditioner) on my hair for about an hour. I rinsed, then did a cool ACV rinse.

I don't recognize my hair. Not only is it so much redder than it was, it came out in excellent waves. I haven't seen those in *ages* (probably due to sulfates on my roots). It has been soft, smooth (i.e. no frizzies at all) and most of all VERY shiny (I'd also wondered where that had gone).

There is a little problem though. My normal hair is now super-slippery. I don't know if you'd call that fine?. It's getting dry so I know I'm going to have to wash and rinse it again tonight (no oil tonight, I think I'm going to do that once a week. Besides, I forgot to put it on earlier). The hair isn't oily at all (hence it being dry lol) so I don't know if this is just part of an adjustment period or what. My hair will not hold elastics now. I'm going to have to come up with some better buns, I guess!

Any recommendations for buns for slippery hair that can't hold an elastic in?

Flaxen
October 26th, 2010, 04:02 PM
About the most secure is the Gibraltar Bun, but even that slips for me over the course of the day. But then, everything slips out of (or down from) my hair - clips, barrettes, scrunchies, hair sticks, forks, slides, combs... Did I miss anything? :lol:

Anje
October 26th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Braided buns stay relatively well, and I'll second the Gibralter bun.