PDA

View Full Version : Monistat/Daktarin a guy's guide needed.

surfguy87
October 25th, 2010, 02:37 PM
It seems people have different experiences with using these magic ingredients, but as a guy I wish to try it out. I need rapid hair growth and even a willing mentor to guide me through the use of these products, I need to know:

1. Best to buy?
2. Best method of application?
3. How often to apply?
4. What to expect?

Please only reply if you can give an objective answer to each, I really appreciate the insight. Thanks

ilovelonghair
October 25th, 2010, 02:40 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=156&highlight=monistat :)

enfys
October 25th, 2010, 02:44 PM
In terms of the best one to buy a clue as to your location might help. What's available in one country may not be in another.

Intransigentia
October 25th, 2010, 02:49 PM
The only sex-dependent thing I can think of for Monistat is I think I read it only helps hair that would be growing anyway; it's no good for testosterone-related male-pattern baldness.

surfguy87
October 25th, 2010, 02:54 PM
argh!
[Please only reply if you can give an objective answer to each, I really appreciate the insight. Thanks]

Im 23, Male, UK...I had collarbone length hair before it got butchered 5 weeks ago by the stylist.

littlenvy
October 25th, 2010, 05:32 PM
argh!
[Please only reply if you can give an objective answer to each, I really appreciate the insight. Thanks]

Im 23, Male, UK...I had collarbone length hair before it got butchered 5 weeks ago by the stylist.
So its not for hair loss? You just want to return to the hair you had before?

4% concentration is best, but you will have hard time finding it.
These days it comes mostly in 2%. Which is also good.
Avoid one that has mineral oil in it.
Rub into scalp only. You don't need an applicator if you have short hair. Just your fingertips. Keep it for few hours at the minimum. Overnight is best.
Once every 72 hours is enough.
You should see hair starting to speed up growth in about 2 weeks. You may also see new hairs growing as well within a week.

Mike
October 25th, 2010, 05:45 PM
It seems people have different experiences with using these magic ingredients, but as a guy I wish to try it out. I need rapid hair growth and even a willing mentor to guide me through the use of these products, I need to know:

1. Best to buy?
2. Best method of application?
3. How often to apply?
4. What to expect?

Please only reply if you can give an objective answer to each, I really appreciate the insight. Thanks
Surf,
I started this 2 weeks ago last Saturday.
1. 2% or 4%
2. Straight onto the scalp. I tried diluted with water but felt like I was getting too much on my hair vs scalp only
3. I've been doing it every night and have gotten 1/4 inch of growth each week so far.
4. 1/4 inch a week or so.
Good luck.

Calaelen
October 25th, 2010, 06:24 PM
1. Monistat 2% cream, 2% Derm, or 4% cream. The percentage is the Miconazole in the cream. (I don't know if you'll find any of these in the UK, so look for the 2, or 4 percent Miconazole in the ingredients. I think daktarin in the name you'll find it under)

2. I like to mix about a 2 inch sized strip of the cream with about 1 tsp water to get a good consistency, then I rub it all over my scalp in small sections, massaging as I go.

3. Whatever you're monthly hair growth is, expect about double. 1/2 inch per month is about the norm for many people, so maybe 1 inch per month using the Daktarin. I've been getting about 1 1/4 inch of growth using the Monistat, as opposed to my normal half inch. I noticed many baby hairs growing that I hadn't seen before, and all of my hair seems to be doubling in growth rate. This seems to be the same thing many experience.

Good Luck. I've had a couple guys try it on my say so, and they had good results.

surfguy87
October 26th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Thanks people for the informative replies. I will start tomorrow.
I will apply it to my bottom layer at the back in hope it speeds up growth. I need a good 1.5inch+ per month if it's to prevent me shaving it all off ha!

aenflex
October 26th, 2010, 07:54 AM
If you are a male have you thought about Minoxodil? Rogaine? I don't know much about it but the hype seems good?