PDA

View Full Version : For the sake of sanity...

WaitingSoLong
October 25th, 2010, 12:23 PM
I am taking a vacation from LHC for a few weeks. Possibly until the end of the year? It is for the sake of my sanity as I think WAYYY too much about my hair.

I turned my full length mirror around backwards so now I cannot see all my hair in any one mirror in my house.

Just some obsession control. Anyone else ever done this? No wait, don't reply, I will not be here to check it.

See ya by 2011!

Tiina
October 25th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Just today I put my hair into small dutch braids, scarfed and decided to not look at my hair til December. I don't know if I can give up LHC tho.

Good luck, anyway, whether you do or don't read this! :waving:

Feng-Shui
October 25th, 2010, 12:34 PM
I does this for years occasionally.

For me it is to be done importantly different things and not fixed me on my hair. :)

I wish you beautiful holidays from the LHC.:flower:

Dreams_in_Pink
October 25th, 2010, 01:52 PM
hahaa good luck with it :) hair obsession can be tamed, but LHC obsession cannot! :cheese:

Maverick494
October 25th, 2010, 02:00 PM
I know what you mean. I take the occasional break from LHC too. I call it my hibernation period. I get all the info I can and obsess until I can't stand it anymore and then I just go away for a while to get back to normal. And then I go back here. Right now I'm in the "obsession" mode again and it feels pretty good. Like a junkie looking for a fix. Have a good LHC vacation! :D

princessp
October 25th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Have a nice break, see you when you return!

Forever_Sophie
October 25th, 2010, 02:27 PM
I think it's best for me to stick around. I neglected my hair when I stopped, falling back into awful EDs, and it's now falling in scary amounts as a result.

Good luck to you, Lori, in the meantime!

Happy Phantom
October 25th, 2010, 02:57 PM
I experienced it like Maverick... not only reading here but also in other forums. There are these obsession times usually followed by a small vacation.
And I also have to admit that with me it's maybe a little bit too much about hair right now too... ^^"

Fiordiligi
October 25th, 2010, 03:11 PM
It's not quite the same thing, as it was pre-LHC, but on the mirror issue, I once gave away a large hand mirror to stop myself obsessing about the thinness of the hair on my crown following a huge post-natal shed.

Carolyn
October 25th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Lots of LHCers have taken a break and come back refreshed and renewed. Enjoy your break and hope to see you in 2011.

Pifkin
October 25th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Yep. I just got back from a long break from LHC (I think it was about a year!) and tried "benign neglect." I've been missing my obsessive haircare though, so I've started again :P

whiteisle
October 25th, 2010, 07:02 PM
I took a few months break after my last big cut and jumped into the deep end of all the hair care "no-nos". But then I began to miss good hair care (and my lost length!) so back I came. It was a good break from all the obsessing but I'm in the mood to obsess now so I shall.:D