PDA

View Full Version : Humidity - Who else can relate?

BlueMeezer
May 28th, 2008, 04:55 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/funny-pictures-i-hate-humidity.jpg

If I don't damp bun in the summer this is what I get. (Sometimes I get this even if I do damp bun.) Anyone else?

Islandgrrl
May 28th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Oh, hilarious!!! But yeah, I can relate. I get biiiiiiiiiiiiiiig hair when it's humid!

Stagecoach
May 28th, 2008, 04:58 PM
lol my friend and I were just talking about this yesterday... humidity is sooo frustrating!

RavennaNight
May 28th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Fellow fuzzy right here! In the summer, updos rule my existence. Or lotsa cones. Sometimes the steam from DH's shower will even set it off.

SchnauzerMom
May 28th, 2008, 05:01 PM
My hair gets frizzy too but I actually like it, makes my hair look thicker.

cutastrophe
May 28th, 2008, 05:04 PM
LOL, omg that picture is too cute :D

YES, I can definitely relate, I'm dreading the upcoming humidity. My hair will be in only two styles for the next three months- down and soaking wet and up--while damp or gelled of course. :rolleyes: Oh well, at least this way I can practice that whole 'benign neglect' thing, which I really need to get better at...

hurricane_gia
May 28th, 2008, 05:06 PM
It's humid 95% of the time here, so I just get used to it. Good thing big hair is popular in Texas! :)

n3m3sis42
May 28th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Yeah, Atlanta is like the humidity capital of the universe and it's pretty gross. I feel your pain.

psvzum
May 28th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Great photo that I can totally relate to!

Haith
May 28th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Ah ha! In the summer I have a crazy, curly halo around my face. It bothers me at the beginning of the season, but I get used to it by the end. I'm much happier when I'm letting my hair do its own thing and not trying to fight it into position.

CurlyOne
May 28th, 2008, 05:32 PM
We live in Colorado so 40% is humid here. But when we go to Florida to visit family it is awful!! I hate humidity!!!

manderly
May 28th, 2008, 05:40 PM
I remember being shocked *shocked* at how fast my hair dried (and without frizz) when I visited my BF's family in Illinois. Crazy crazy what my hair is like in little to no humidity. Of course, I'm so used to my hair and skin in ridiculous amounts of humidity (my nose was sweating after I took a shower yesterday....I hadn't even finished toweling off) that the alternative is just odd.

ladystar
May 28th, 2008, 06:33 PM
YESSS Its sooo humid here I hate it!!!

hurricane_gia
May 28th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Yes, not only does the humidity fluff out my hair, making it look thicker, but in humid weather the halo around my face forms corkscrew curls! In dry weather, those little baby hairs just . . . . stick out. I'd much rather have the curls.

I get the best curls when it's drizzling!

ItalianFlower
May 28th, 2008, 07:01 PM
...I think I'm alone here, but my hair looks fantastic when I'm at the beach or any similarly humid area. In fact, I'm surprised I get curls in this desert (5% humidity) air.

thankyousir74
May 28th, 2008, 07:03 PM
ehh i live in miami where its humid 90% of the time. i don't know how non humid times makes my hair lol

Pegasus Marsters
May 28th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Haha for sure. My hair curls like mad under humidity and then if i play with it.. POOF. Frizz -_-

harley mama
May 28th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Oh boy, I can relate! It is humid 90% of the time here. And I have big hair to go with it.
On the up side, it does make my hair appear much thicker than it really is!:D

ZaBasDa
May 28th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Humidity and my freshly washed hair usually play nicely. But it was extremely humid yesterday and today and I was just one big fuzzy monster.

coppercurls
May 28th, 2008, 09:46 PM
I know that feeling! Updo's & braids are my friends from May to late September.:cool:

Speedbump
May 28th, 2008, 10:05 PM
The humidity has already started here, and it won't let up until October, so I am SO feelin' ya on that. There's this big FOOM noise (OK it's only in my head, but STILL) and then my hair grows to about two times it's natural size. Good thing I like to wear braids most of the time... :lol:

sandrak
May 29th, 2008, 01:38 AM
Yes, I can seriously relate. It gets very humid here and my hair gets so poofy at times.

Rae~
May 29th, 2008, 08:17 AM
If I don't damp bun in the summer this is what I get. (Sometimes I get this even if I do damp bun.) Anyone else?

:rollin: It's me, on a humid day!!

See, I told you my bad hair pics would scare..... :D

centurytoolate
May 29th, 2008, 11:47 AM
My hair loves humidity. Unfortunately the only time it gets it is on the rare occasions I visit back home(Illinois). Here in Colorado we tend to just dry up and blow away.

hurricane_gia
May 29th, 2008, 04:48 PM
My hair loves humidity. Unfortunately the only time it gets it is on the rare occasions I visit back home(Illinois). Here in Colorado we tend to just dry up and blow away.

Ah yes, I remember Colorado. Those were the days when I could go to bed with wet hair and wake up with dry hair. Good times.

Now I live in the land where mildew could grow on your hair before I has time to dry.

vidgrl007
May 29th, 2008, 05:05 PM
i dont have to much concern with the humidity but my dd,oh the poor girl has naturaly curly hair and when its humid she goes poof lol.

PatGear
May 29th, 2008, 05:13 PM
I actually like my "humid" hair. When it's up, the frizz doesn't bother me anyway, but when it's humid, I get cute little spirals framing my face. :D

renarok
May 29th, 2008, 05:21 PM
My hair loves humidity. I live here in California where the humidity is so low I get constant nosebleeds. I'd rather have some moisture for my skin and hair. (a little:)).

hrimfaxi
May 29th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Yep! Though I hate the way it feels in general a lot more than I hate what it does to my hair. I just cannot deal with it. :(

maskedrose
May 29th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Haha I love that picture! I like the amount of humidity that we get on the NW coast (most of the time) - it usually plays nice with my hair.

teeleigh
May 29th, 2008, 11:02 PM
It's also very humid here in south Florida, of course. I'm never sure if it's the humidity that makes my hair the way it is, or just the rebellious nature of my hair. (We spent a week in the desert a few years back and there was no difference!):rolleyes: