PDA

View Full Version : I guess I got a hair compliment yesterday...

Gypsygirl
October 25th, 2010, 04:52 AM
I had my besties over and we were hanging out in front of a fire...talking "hair". One of my friends just got her hair cut back to about bsl and she looks gorgeous! :) So...that's what we were chatting about, her new style, her hairdresser, her new "routine"...

My husband was just sitting there, watching us...but I could tell that he was starting to feel very uneasy and trying hard to keep his mouth shut. After they left I asked him whether he didn't like my friend's new style and he said, of course I do- on her.

BelleBot
October 25th, 2010, 05:08 AM
Haha lol. At least you have a supportive husband wanting you to keep your hair long. :)

My SO often jokes that if I cut my hair short he'll disown me. However that's highly unlikely to happen as I've never had short hair and never intend to. I also say the same to him though. :p

baaaad_kitty
October 25th, 2010, 06:05 AM
Haha he likes your hair! My bf also wants me to keep growing, as he likes long hair. He told me that he'll just say when he thinks it's too long.

Gypsygirl
October 25th, 2010, 06:27 AM
That's a nice one, too, Belle. LOL How long is your husband's hair?

BeautifulBella
October 25th, 2010, 07:59 AM
I dont know one guy that prefers short hair!!! I'm Caribbean with midback-length hair, and since I only date black men they are always raving about it, sometimes I wanna just say ok I get it!!! sometimes I feel like just saying its fake because I'm tired of hearing raves

see_turtle
October 25th, 2010, 09:34 AM
My boyfriend prefers short hair on see (see avatar pic) i tell him "too bad you make the decisions for your hair and I'll do the same!"

andber
October 25th, 2010, 09:58 AM
If you have long hair or is a "wannabe", what DOES your husband/bf say about your hair? Or maybe he doesn't say anything? Does he care? Does he encourage you? How much does his opinon matter for you when you aim for longer lengths or want to keep your longer hair? Some men I guess can be very quiet about what they think and not think about many things, for example your hair.

Gypsygirl
October 25th, 2010, 10:29 AM
I do know one, BeautifulBella- my own brother! :) He loves my sil's hair just the way it is...slightly below earlobe length length...and he keeps telling her not to grow it out. :)

Oh, and Andber- were you asking me or see-turtle?

tinti
October 25th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Hehe, he likes your hair :D

yellowchariot
October 25th, 2010, 01:01 PM
I also agree, that as long as your husband support your long hair, and you like it as well. Then you have the green light! :D

Avital88
October 25th, 2010, 03:39 PM
ahh thats so sweet of him..! Lucky girl!
My boyfriend is into short pixie hairstyles for some reason..
They might look good on some people but its so NOT me,i will never cut it like that.
frustrating when u put so much effort in long hair..

MissManda
October 25th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Hee hee. :D Your husband sounds like my DBF. It's sweet, I think. :)

If I told my DBF how often I trim my hair myself (he almost cried when I accidentally cut off to much during an S&D once and he always gets upset when longhaired girls/women cut their hair short), he'd be traumatized because I am A.) cutting off (an insignificant amount of) length and B.) I am not asking a professional to do it and he is afraid that I will accidentally ruin my hair. Luckily, he hasn't noticed anything, so I guess it must look okay.

ETA: My DBF would support and accept any hair decision I make, but he really does like the longer length.

EverydayMiracle
October 25th, 2010, 04:58 PM
ROFL! You are so lucky! Mine wants me to keep mine at waist :(

BelleBot
October 25th, 2010, 05:23 PM
That's a nice one, too, Belle. LOL How long is your husband's hair?
He's not my husband yet... though hopefully he'll ask soon :o

He's got tailbone length hair so similar length to mine. He was really quite affected when a colleague of his cut her hair from knee to shoulder length. He did say it made her look younger as she always wore it in very tight buns with no variation and now she wears it down.
Though he commented that I need never do the same as regardless of hair length I'm always going to have to keep it up for work (nurse) so I may as well have it as long as possible. :D
He hasn't said anything about maximum hair length, though as long as it doesn't go any shorter than waist he's happy. I think he's growing his to terminal whatever that may be.