PDA

View Full Version : Help with Amoretti's pretty falling out bun from the old LHC? (Pics inside)

UrbanEast
October 24th, 2010, 07:37 PM
I love this beautiful loose but elegant bun. (Log into archives to get access)

http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=78537

But when she tells us to take and loosen the "top coil," does she mean the first coil you do or the last one? If I were more experienced, I could tell from the photo.

Right now, the bun just looks like a looser version of a cinnabun. Please help me so that I can make it the way Amaretti does. :)

LornaDoone
October 25th, 2010, 12:53 AM
She means the last one. The 'top coil' is referring to the coil that is highest on your head, furthest from your neck. HTH

UrbanEast
October 25th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Thanks, Lorna! So in that case, she means that you should pull down the top part of the outermost coil?

darkwaves
October 25th, 2010, 10:01 PM
I'd say from the pix she means the first twist, as she appears to be twisting the length around/under that -- but when I try this, my hair looks like a figure 8. I think my hair is not yet long enough, so I'm not yet able to pull enough out, loosely enough.

But why not ask the lovely Amoretti herself?

wackyredtangles
October 25th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Thanks for posting this! I have no words of wisdom since mine doesn't look nearly as pretty as Amoretti's, but it is a very nice and secure bun.

Amoretti
October 26th, 2010, 03:47 AM
Thanks, darkwaves, for alerting me to this thread! :flowers:

To answer the question; I mean the last coil (top one), as LornaDoone said. :) In other words, it's the highest coil.

Hope that helps. :flower: