PDA

View Full Version : My hair practice doll

BelleBot
October 24th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Just thought I'd share a pic of how I practice my updos when I don't want to touch my own hair. He's 6 foot 2, very tolerant, has tailbone length hair type 2c / M / ii. Very useful for experimenting with hairstyles :p
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5315&pictureid=86517
However he refers to LHC as the large hadron collider and thinks Ficcares look like "shiny poos". Not exactly LHC material, he's just glad he has a member of LHC as his girlfriend to braid his hair and keep it happy and healthy. :rolleyes:

And here's how it translates to my hair. Both are variations of the flipped cinnamon bun.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5315&pictureid=86516

Niwa
October 24th, 2010, 10:00 AM
How many inches long is tailbone hair in someone 6'2? Do you have a full length picture of his hair? How fascinating!

Gumball
October 24th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Haha excellent! It gives you a whole different perspective when working through a new style. From the pictures, it sure pays off!

No shiny poos for him! :lol:

triumphator!
October 24th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Aw, longhaired couples are the best.

Chestershire
October 24th, 2010, 10:54 AM
wow, your hair color is beautiful!

baaaad_kitty
October 24th, 2010, 11:20 AM
How awesome is that? I wanna see pics! Of both of your hair!

cocolady
October 24th, 2010, 12:29 PM
That's awesome :D Even from behind he looks very attractive to me. I'm hopeless lol I adore long haired men. My bf had really long hair when I met him. Not anymore though. :(

Harriet
October 24th, 2010, 01:07 PM
oo looks lovely on both of you!

KittyLost
October 24th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Haha you are very lucky to have a loving boyfriend who lets you practice on him, it is very cute :)

Lovely updo, I'm always admiring your colour too. Is that the poppy red and tulip faded? I have some poppy red that I was hoping to mix with something for a darker red that would still fade nicely.

Grille
October 24th, 2010, 01:14 PM
i want a such a practice doll, too :D

maxzeen
October 24th, 2010, 01:17 PM
I want a practice doll too! It's cute your boyfriend lets you practice on him, and your hair color is very pretty.

Unofficial_Rose
October 24th, 2010, 01:18 PM
What an accommodating chap! Whereas my DS (15) has almost waist-length hair, which he won't even let me braid.

(When he was a little younger he let me put it up in a hairstick a couple of times though. :))

Kome
October 24th, 2010, 01:30 PM
HOW did you get that hair color??? I must know. O__O Beautimus...

pepperminttea
October 24th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Please tell me you sometimes go out with matching updos? Because while I don't normally like the couply-matchy-match thing, with hair, it'd be an entirely different (more awesome) level. :D

Yozhik
October 24th, 2010, 01:47 PM
How lucky and convenient for you to have such a nice hair practice doll -- I totally thought you were going to show us a mannequin! :p

I love the bun on both of you! :flower:

BelleBot
October 24th, 2010, 01:47 PM
It's still a mixture of henna, "poppy red" and "tulip" Directions. The colour has lasted for ages. I need to touch up the roots though soon as they're a mixture of brown, blonde, ginger and red :p Though they're not hugely noticeable, they fade quicker than the length as they're the only bits that get shampooed regularly.

I think SO's hair is about 43" long, he lets me measure it every now and then, but not today. Annoyingly enough he has my next goal length hair, but given he's 10 inches taller his hair is still at tailbone, where as mine is nearly at mid butt :D I'll try get a photo of it down when I can.

Oh and we don't go out with matching hair. He'll only keep an updo for about 5 minutes before asking me to do something else. When we're out and about he either wears it down or in an English braid or rope braid.

twopoints
October 24th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Interesting to use a model, but does styling another personal's hair help you style your own?

ddiana1979
October 24th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Wow, he is very tolerant. What a great bf. :)

I asked to practice cornrows once on my bf, and he gave me a look like I asked if I could drive bamboo shoots up his finger nails. ;)