PDA

View Full Version : Sixth anniversary photos and goal update

Speedbump
October 24th, 2010, 08:13 AM
I joined LHC six years ago today. At the time, I had a lot to learn and a looong journey to my goal of classic length.

Today, I have learned about as much as I ever need to in order to have good long hair. Barring some incredible scientific discovery, my routine is as it has been for a couple of years now: diluted shampoo, conditioner, then a small amount of coconut oil for a leave-in. (I recently tried Bronner's new hair soap/hair rinse, and it worked well twice, then crappy after that.)

I would also like to express my appreciation for all of the great people here at LHC. I have had wonderful times and friendships because of this place, and I've learned a lot about myself on the way. Thank you! :flowers:

And drumroll please.... I made my goal to classic!!! :cheese:

I honestly didn't think I was going to make it, and thought it so ironic that if I had just skipped ONE trim, I would have. And then it turns out I made it after all. Not by much, but I made it! Now my new goal is to stay at this length for a while and thicken up the lower third of my length and clean up my hemline.

Well, no more teasing! How 'bout some photos y'all?!

October 2010 -- Classic length!

http://www.declipsed.com/lhc/6ann/goal1.jpg

And here is the proof that I hit my goal. The cord is just at the crease of my butt and thighs.

**Click on thumbnail to see larger image**
http://www.declipsed.com/lhc/6ann/goal2thumb.jpg (http://www.declipsed.com/lhc/6ann/goal2.jpg)

November 2004 - February 2006

http://www.declipsed.com/lhc/6ann/hairprogressionthumb.jpg (http://www.declipsed.com/lhc/6ann/hairprogression.jpg)

October 2007 to October 2010

**click thumbnail for larger image**
http://www.declipsed.com/lhc/6ann/hair2007to2010thumb.jpg (http://www.declipsed.com/lhc/6ann/hair2007to2010.jpg)

Some hair meeting photos over a few years. And for those of you playing at home, yes that IS Lady Godiva up on the dinosaur in the background. :)

http://www.declipsed.com/lhc/6ann/meetpix.jpg

Well gang, I hope you enjoyed the photos. It was hard to pick out just "some" because I've collected so many, but I think these are good representatives of what my hair has looked like over the years.

:magic:

Annushka
October 24th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Beautiful!!

EdG
October 24th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Wow! :thud:

Congratulations on six years. :)
Ed

girlcat36
October 24th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Congratulations!!!!
You have gorgeous thick hair!!!!
What a journey!

growing2shine
October 24th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Congratulations. Your hair looks amazing!!! So beautiful.

Gumball
October 24th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Amazing progress, speedbump! Your hair totally rocks! Happy six years! :happydance:

CrisDee
October 24th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Awesome post, very well done - shows off your beautiful hair to its best advantage, congratulations! :applause:

Diamondbell
October 24th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Lovely! Keep it up! (I mean the growing) :thumbsup:

LisaMonster
October 24th, 2010, 09:15 AM
Congrats! Look gorgeous!

Calaelen
October 24th, 2010, 09:16 AM
:thud:

Absolutely beautiful hair! Congrats I hitting goal, I know how we all can't wait for that day in our own journey..lol.

Feng-Shui
October 24th, 2010, 09:18 AM
*Wow* :thudpile:

Congratulations.:flower:

Your waves are beautiful.:applause

pennyroyal
October 24th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Your hair is super gorgeous! Congrats on the anniversary & hitting your goal! It looks wonderful. :)

embee
October 24th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Speedbump, that is just fine! Beautiful pics, great goal. :)

Yarn Muse
October 24th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Your hair is so beautiful, Speedbump! Congrats on reaching your goal. You made so much progress just from February to October of this year. Thanks so much for sharing this. Lovely color and waves.:applause

Vampire
October 24th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Wow, this is so inspirational
Great progress and beautiful hair

Niwa
October 24th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Gorgeous hair. I really like the curls and the length. I appreciate that you posted progress pictures, not just pictures of your hair as it is now. It is more inspiring and useful to me to be able to see how hair progresses before it reaches a very long length.

lapushka
October 24th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Congratulations on reaching your goal length! :cheer:

sakuraemily
October 24th, 2010, 09:30 AM
I joined LHC six years ago today. At the time, I had a lot to learn and a looong journey to my goal of classic length.

Today, I have learned about as much as I ever need to in order to have good long hair. Barring some incredible scientific discovery, my routine is as it has been for a couple of years now: diluted shampoo, conditioner, then a small amount of coconut oil for a leave-in. (I recently tried Bronner's new hair soap/hair rinse, and it worked well twice, then crappy after that.)

I would also like to express my appreciation for all of the great people here at LHC. I have had wonderful times and friendships because of this place, and I've learned a lot about myself on the way. Thank you! :flowers:

And drumroll please.... I made my goal to classic!!! :cheese:

I honestly didn't think I was going to make it, and thought it so ironic that if I had just skipped ONE trim, I would have. And then it turns out I made it after all. Not by much, but I made it! Now my new goal is to stay at this length for a while and thicken up the lower third of my length and clean up my hemline.

Well, no more teasing! How 'bout some photos y'all?!

October 2010 -- Classic length!

http://www.declipsed.com/lhc/6ann/goal1.jpg

And here is the proof that I hit my goal. The cord is just at the crease of my butt and thighs.

http://www.declipsed.com/lhc/6ann/goal2thumb.jpg (http://www.declipsed.com/lhc/6ann/goal2.jpg)

November 2004 - February 2006

http://www.declipsed.com/lhc/6ann/hairprogressionthumb.jpg (http://www.declipsed.com/lhc/6ann/hairprogression.jpg)

October 2007 to October 2010

**click thumbnail for larger image**
http://www.declipsed.com/lhc/6ann/hair2007to2010thumb.jpg (http://www.declipsed.com/lhc/6ann/hair2007to2010.jpg)

Some hair meeting photos over a few years. And for those of you playing at home, yes that IS Lady Godiva up on the dinosaur in the background. :)

http://www.declipsed.com/lhc/6ann/meetpix.jpg

Well gang, I hope you enjoyed the photos. It was hard to pick out just "some" because I've collected so many, but I think these are good representatives of what my hair has looked like over the years.

:magic:

It looks good. Keep it up.

Niwa
October 24th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Gorgeous hair. I really like the curls and the length. I appreciate that you posted progress pictures, not just pictures of your hair as it is now. It is more inspiring and useful to me to be able to see how hair progresses before it reaches a very long length.
Speedball, how many trims (and of how much) did you have in the six year period?

Neecola
October 24th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Oh happy day! Congratulations on meeting your goal and your six year anniversary!

Your hair is just lovely-- it is very inspirational to see your progress in pictures. Thanks for posting.

masa_inn
October 24th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Congratulations!

Awesome hair!

Luckysock
October 24th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Wow!!! Gorgeous hair! What an inspiration your post is!

bytheocean
October 24th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Your hair is beautiful! Thanks for sharing your progress, it makes me have hope of making it too one day.

ericthegreat
October 24th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Congratulations on making it to 6 years! Its amazing to see hair progress from that far back. Your curls are wonderful, and your ends still look so thick and healthy even now at classic length.

PurpleAshes
October 24th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Congratulations! You're actually one of my hair idols since I got here, because of your long, pretty curls :D

Prettyeyes23
October 24th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Thank you for sharing! Your hair is amazing!

Loreley
October 24th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Gorgeous hair! Congratulations! :cheer:

Lamb
October 24th, 2010, 10:18 AM
:thudpile:

I'm in awe. You have beautiful hair!
Congratulations on your anniversary! :flowers:

triumphator!
October 24th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Six years of success! Congratulations :D

justgreen
October 24th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Speedy where has the time gone? It just sneaks past us and we have no clue! What an amazing journey it's been watching you get to classic! (((((hugs))))) :flowers:

lw8666
October 24th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Congrats! Beautiful growth!

QueenMadge
October 24th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Congratulations Speedy, your hair looks great and reaching goal must feel wonderful. You are a hair inspiration of mine. :thud:

Little_Bird
October 24th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Oh my God! Another member reached classic lenght goal :)

It looks so absolutly stunning and healthy and thick! Congratulations :flower:

When will it be my turn? :) I'm waiting...

I'm sure you must be thrilled :D Thank's for sharing with us ^^

Khepri
October 24th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Congratulations on reaching your goal! Your hair is amazing!

mariika
October 24th, 2010, 12:20 PM
OMG!!!! You needed SIX years to grow your hair real long!! My hair is also curly which eats up length dramatically, and now I think I might just be having a really small progress not terminal length case! :) Now your hair looks best!

DavidN
October 24th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Congratulations, Speedy, on your 6 year LHC anniversary, and here's to many more!:cheer:

What stunning thickness, you have come so far, and such beautiful curls!

TinaDenali
October 24th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Wow, what a journey! Your hair looks FANTASTIC!! I love the waves... :)

Ryanne
October 24th, 2010, 12:43 PM
That's a very neat documentation. :flower: Congratulations; it looks wonderful.

spidermom
October 24th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Wow; classic length is lovely on you! I'm pretty close myself, and wow - does it ever take a lot of patience to get there. So I know a bit about what you've been through. Congratulations for sticking it out.

Mebo
October 24th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Looking good, girl! I don't think I'll ever make it!

But, no cutting off, either.

Happy 6 years, and I've enjoyed having you here all this time. We should be good for another 6, don't you think?

Alvrodul
October 24th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Wonderful hair! And congratulations on reaching classic! :flowers:

Grille
October 24th, 2010, 01:19 PM
congratulations :)
It looks so awesome!

Emerald88
October 24th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Congratulations on reaching your goal - it looks fantastic!

KittyLost
October 24th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Congratulations on reaching your goal! You have gorgeous hair :)

little_acorn
October 24th, 2010, 01:21 PM
WOW :thudpile: what an amazing journey, thanks for sharing :)

jojo
October 24th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Wow you have come such a long way and I admire your commitment to growing such beautiful hair, you are an inspiration and constant encouragement to us growing to longer lengths.
Thank you for sharing and I wish you all the very best in the remainder of your growth journey.

chloeishere
October 24th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Gorgeous! :thud:

Yozhik
October 24th, 2010, 01:43 PM
What absolutely beautiful hair at such a wonderful length!

I love your progress photos, and I was really interested to see that the curls began to stretch out as your hair got longer.

Sincere congratulations on your 6 year anniversary and reaching your goal! :flower: :blossom:

jessie58
October 24th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Speedy, happy 6th TLHC Anniversary!!! :thud:

My hair pattern is so much like yours, when I don't layer it, I always keep an eye on your hair to see what mine may look like at any given length. I must stop trimming and layering so my hair can grow up to be just like Speedy's.

Are you still using Nexxus?

pepperminttea
October 24th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Absolutely beautiful. :thud:

The October photos from each year are particularly inspiring; thank you.

Shellby
October 24th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Just gorgeous! Lovely waves. Congrats on reaching your goal. I really enjoyed the timeline photos. Thanks for the summary. I wish I had been here all 6 years, but that is the next best thing.

restourceful
October 24th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Congratulations on classic and Happy Anniversary! I am in awe, just beautiful!

skaempfer
October 24th, 2010, 02:54 PM
I know you need one more person to tell you your hair is gorgeous, right?

So I'll just say :cheese: congratulations and :thud:
:D

And thanks for taking the time to show your journey in pictures; very inspiring!

Octave
October 24th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Wow that is awesome! God job Speedbump, you have some gorgeous loooong hair. :D

MissManda
October 24th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Oh wow, you have made amazing progress! :thud: I love how thick your hemline is and how soft your hair looks! Congratulations on meeting your goal and on six years on LHC! :blossom:

tinti
October 24th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Wow! 6 years :D You have an awesome head of hair, and congrats on reaching your goal!

Nae
October 24th, 2010, 05:03 PM
That is some dedication!! And it really shows! Beautiful, add me to the thudpile.

Garnett
October 24th, 2010, 05:03 PM
wow! congrats, it's amazing to see the small changes and growth progression :D

Debra83
October 24th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Congrats!!! Now that you've reached your goal, are you just going to maintain, or go for the gusto?!!!

Savvyhorsez
October 24th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Congrats! You've made amazing progress!

christine1989
October 24th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Wow, six years of growing and your hair looked beautiful every step of the way. :)

Speedbump
October 24th, 2010, 05:44 PM
First of all, thank you SO much everyone!! I figured, "Oh, it's Sunday, I'll probably see a few replies and then the thread will take off tomorrow." Apparently not! :o Normally it is convention to list all names in bold to thank, but uhm...I think considering the number of replies that giving a huge hug to each and every person who replied is going to have to do. So :grouphug: and thank you!! :o

Now to answer questions and a few comments:

You made so much progress just from February to October of this year.
I was very surprised myself and the first time I saw a photo from the latest shoot, I was shocked. I did the fewest trims this year of any year I've grown since joining LHC. Obviously, that matters. :lol: I also took very few photos this year, so I wasn't "keeping up" with it. So yeah, a bit shocking!

Speedball, how many trims (and of how much) did you have in the six year period?
Hoo boy. Uhm... OK. The first two years, I had to trim about every two months, and it had to be at least 1/2 inch each time because of all the damage I had. Starting year three, I think I got down to four a year. Starting around 2008, I started a twice-yearly routine, doing about 1 inch to 1.5 inches each time. Then this year, I had only one trim early in the year. All in all, I would say that I had .. oh, about 21 trims and probably a total of 10-13 inches cut off.

When will it be my turn? :) I'm waiting...
It is very, very hard to wait. Trust me, I know! :lol: But you will get there. For you, the next big milestone is tailbone. And then after that, it will take a while to reach classic. Where you are, you probably have 2.5 to 4 years more growing to do, depending on how fast yours grows and how tall you are.

OMG!!!! You needed SIX years to grow your hair real long!! My hair is also curly which eats up length dramatically, and now I think I might just be having a really small progress not terminal length case!
Yep. Please see comment above about trims though; if I had been able to trim less I would have been able to do it in probably 5 years instead of six. Your hair is curlier than mine, so yes, your hair will have to be heavier to show length. Just keep doing what you know preserves your hair and makes it look good, and be patient. It WILL grow!

I love your progress photos, and I was really interested to see that the curls began to stretch out as your hair got longer.
Thanks. I did have dramatic curl loss after waist length. I think that's one reason why my photos-over-time look so dramatic. ;)

I must stop trimming and layering so my hair can grow up to be just like Speedy's.
Jessie I have definitely found that layering does NOT work for people with as much curl as I have, no matter what the length. It would be a great goal to pick a milestone, and keep at that milestone until all of your hair was one length or in the hemline of your choice. Then when it did get long(er), it would behave better and the curls/waves would lay better too.

Are you still using Nexxus?
Unfortunately, they reformulated my Holy Grail product and made it total crap. :( I did get VERY lucky and found an almost-full, old-formula bottle in my closet shortly before my anniversary photo shoot. YAY! I used it for this new shoot and I will be saving it for my next one. Yes, I am down to rationing! In the meantime, I am alternating using Naked Naturals and Organix products. I think both have cones, but I have found that at this point, a few cones don't hurt my hair any. (And boy is THAT a change!)

Congrats!!! Now that you've reached your goal, are you just going to maintain, or go for the gusto?!!!

Right now I am going to maintain until the lower third of my hair is thicker and I can get the gentle "U" hemline I like better than my natural "V" hemline. My braid has thickened a lot in the last three years. Funnily enough, when I went vegetarian in 2008, my hair thickened noticeably and now that hair is inching past the nape of my neck/a bit below shoulder length (depending on where it is on my head). I am greatly looking forward to that thickness traveling down the rest of my braid. I have no illusions I'll have the perfect braids of say, Dancingbarefoot, who enjoys almost uniform thickness, but certainly my hair is capable of more uniformity than it has now.

Once I am satisfied with my overall thickness, I will seriously consider a longer length. I admit I am curious to know just how long I can grow! :eyebrows:

Thanks again, everyone. Your well wishes and many thuds have made my day. :o

Carolyn
October 24th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Happy LHC Anniversary, Speedy! And congratulations on reaching classic. Your hair looks wonderful.

yellowchariot
October 24th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Speedbump, others have already said what I was going to say! However, I'd just like to say that you've made a tremendous amount of progress! Your hair looks excellent!

Aria
October 24th, 2010, 07:05 PM
I saw "sixth anniversary" and started wondering if I should start addressing you by some respectful hair-senior title. That's such a long time!

Also, just read the "accidentally epic" thread in your sig, and am now all the more convinced that LHC is a delightfully crazy place. Keep the insanity coming, I want in.

FrannyG
October 25th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Oh Speedy, your hair is beyond beautiful. It's been such a joy following your journey for the 4 1/2 years that I've been here. Happy Anniversary!!! :blossom:

Intransigentia
October 25th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Wow.

That is all.

Roscata
October 25th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Awesome! Congrats!

BrightEyes
October 25th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Your hair is so beautiful! Your progress pictures are amazing to see. I love your waves.

darkwaves
October 25th, 2010, 08:30 PM
I love your hair. The thickness, the curls, the beauty!

And classic, too.

I am in awe!

virgo75
October 25th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Wow!!! :thud:

Thank you so much for posting your pics!
It's great inspiration for a curly like myself. I've never seen anyone with curly hair (really curly hair lol) that was past waist or tailbone. I didn't know it could get that long or what it would look like.

Now I know it can get that long, and it looks beautiful. :flower:

Speedbump
October 25th, 2010, 09:27 PM
First of all, I just want to thank everyone who has commented on this thread since I last thanked everyone. Thank you, every one! :flower:

I saw "sixth anniversary" and started wondering if I should start addressing you by some respectful hair-senior title. That's such a long time!
Hair SENIOR? :lol: Now I feel old. :p No seriously, no titles needed. ;)

Also, just read the "accidentally epic" thread in your sig, and am now all the more convinced that LHC is a delightfully crazy place. Keep the insanity coming, I want in.
I love that thread. Sometimes I go look at it again to raise my mood if nothing else works.

punkcatknitter
October 25th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Wow!! I'm so intensely jealous, partially because you're at my goal, and partially because of those gorgeous thick curls! So beautiful!!!!

Flaxen
October 26th, 2010, 03:41 PM
You did it! :cheese: Oh, congratulations, Speedy. That length is just beautiful on you, and your hair is the picture of health.

P.S. Your location seems familiar somehow, but I don't know why. :ponder: I know I'm thinking of another LHCer's photo shoot, but I don't think you were with her (or were you :hmm: ). There was a bike ride, and a creek, and cameras on a tree branch. How's that for cryptic? :silly:

ETA: Cryptic for you, that is. I know the name of the member I'm thinking of. ;)

Lady Mary
October 26th, 2010, 03:47 PM
It's pretty watching the seasons change in your photos, hair looks great too, congrats!

Speedbump
October 26th, 2010, 04:28 PM
P.S. Your location seems familiar somehow, but I don't know why. :ponder: I know I'm thinking of another LHCer's photo shoot, but I don't think you were with her (or were you :hmm: ). There was a bike ride, and a creek, and cameras on a tree branch. How's that for cryptic? :silly:

ETA: Cryptic for you, that is. I know the name of the member I'm thinking of. ;)

Thanks, Flaxen. :flower: Have you ever been to Kanawha State Forest? That's where this was. :) And uhm... yes, it WAS cryptic. I have not a clue who you are referring to! :spitting:

Flaxen
October 26th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Have you ever been to Kanawha State Forest? That's where this was. :) And uhm... yes, it WAS cryptic. I have not a clue who you are referring to! :spitting:

No, I haven't been there. Aaaaand that rules out our mystery member. I'm certain the shoot was near her house. It was Snowy. The bike ride and creek are correct, but the tree branch part *may* be sneaking into my memory from another thread. :crazyq: :lol:

Speedbump
October 27th, 2010, 08:40 AM
No, I haven't been there. Aaaaand that rules out our mystery member. I'm certain the shoot was near her house. It was Snowy. The bike ride and creek are correct, but the tree branch part *may* be sneaking into my memory from another thread. :crazyq: :lol:
Alrighty then! :lol:

JamieLeigh
October 27th, 2010, 08:49 AM
I know I have admired your newest pic elsewhere, but I have no problem showering you with compliments yet again! ;) Your hair is beautiful, and I wish you many congratulations upon hitting your goal! :cheer: :crush: Thank you for sharing your progress photos, I truly love your curlies and wavies.

Annalouise
October 27th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Congratulations!:):):):):)

Six years is a long time! You made it to Classic!
I'm really happy for you! It looks great! Well worth the time it took. Good job!
(I've got about 3 years to classic and I hope to make it someday too!)

CurlyTresses
October 27th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Gorgeous, gorgeous, simply gorgeous. I remember your hair when I first joined TLHC, it was truly beautiful and an inspiration to me back then and still is. Wow:thumbsup: - Congratulations! :toast: :cheer: and Thanks for sharing. :o

jel
October 27th, 2010, 11:47 AM
How did I miss this thread?

Many congratulations, Speedbump, on your LHC-versary and achieving your goal. Your hair is absolutely stunning!

:thudpile:

marzipanfuntime
October 27th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Wow, that is so beautiful and encouraging!

Dani
October 27th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Awesome! You did it! You're like the total opposite of me- I've chopped my hair off in countless ways since I joined, heh. It's so cool to see your progress; I remember all those pics of your beautiful hair! Seeing your gorgeous curlies always made me happy. You've got some Happy hair. :) Now it's looong happy hair! :D

Anje
October 27th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Awesome!

It looks like you positively sprinted that last few inches since the February picture!

Lunakitty
October 27th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Congradulations!!!!!

Beatnik Guy
October 27th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Awesome, Speedy. :agape:

Nordlys
October 27th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Congratulations ! You have had a great progress with awesome results :) . Your thread is really inspiring and motivating !! You have had amazing progress from February 2010 to October 2010 btw. It really makes a difference not to trim !!
Awesome !!

Jules diamond
October 27th, 2010, 05:46 PM
:happydance::cheer::applause Congrats on reaching your goal! Your hair looks great!

Fireweed
October 27th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Lovely, lovely hair.

PJ-Sander
October 28th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Excellent! And your hair is very pretty!

princessp
October 28th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Wow, what a hair journey! Awesome hair congratulations!

ladylafee
October 28th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Awesome! Your hair looks beautiful! :)

melikai
October 28th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Holy crap your hair grew a lot since February! :thud:

Congratulations on your anniversary and on reaching classic! Your hair just looks better and better!

adiapalic
October 28th, 2010, 06:23 PM
How gorgeous! I absolutely love the curl! Congratulations on reaching classic, yaay :flower:

rapunzelna
October 29th, 2010, 06:17 AM
Congrats. I love all those curls!

Sagi1982
October 29th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Wow! I never saw curls in that length IRL!!

twopoints
October 29th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Cool. I was considering if I should take pictures of my hair so I can have an accurate measurement of my growth.

mitabird
November 3rd, 2010, 05:49 PM
Gorgeous! :thudpile:

Tanita
November 4th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Your pics let me hope. :thumbsup:

And now, I'm waiting a few years............. :knit:

feralnature
November 4th, 2010, 05:33 PM
You are an inspiration and a gorgeous woman. Your hair is beautiful. I have 3 years down and several more to go to get even close to what you have. Wonderful!

starlights
November 6th, 2010, 08:02 PM
wow gorgeous hair!!!

Coan-Teen
November 6th, 2010, 08:18 PM
I know I'm a little late to the party to wish you happy anniversary but happy belated anniversary! That post is a huge inspiration to see so much progress laid out over the years. Not just proof the system works but a reminder that progress does happen, however long it may take.

Congratulations on reaching your goal!

Teazel
November 6th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Congratulations on reaching your goal, Speedy! :applause Amazing hair you have!

Henrietta
November 12th, 2010, 10:09 AM
I don't think I have seen such journey ever before... It's so inspiring! From short to so long... Congratulations! :) :flowers:

aenflex
November 12th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Impressive growth and impressive journey! Good for you, your hair is lovely!!!

Speedbump
November 12th, 2010, 10:50 AM
I was so surprised to see an update to this thread this today. :o Thanks so much everyone. :flower:

I've noticed that several of you who are still "short" have taken heart from this thread. I am so glad. If my journey gives someone else hope, that is the best thing I could ask for. :flowers:

Thanks to all! :smooch:

seabear
November 12th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Speedy, I'm late, too, but coming out of lurk-dom to congratulate you on reaching your goal. You hair is simply amazing!

purple_figtree
November 12th, 2010, 11:19 AM
I am very very late as well, but I wanted to congratulate you on reaching your goal. Your photos are excellent and very encouraging, a good reminder that though progress can seem slow, it does happen over time. You have gorgeous hair, congrats again.

chelles2kids
November 12th, 2010, 11:39 AM
SB...it's amazing to see how far you've come in only 6 years! Thank-you for sharing all of the pictures!
What beautiful curls/waves you have!:thud:

Congrats to you!

SilvraShadows
November 12th, 2010, 11:58 AM
I'm glad this thread was updated! I sort of fly low here at the LHC and post very randomly so I miss many threads as they move way too quickly for my poor fingers.

Speedbump... congrats! This is wonderful! Your tresses are absolutely beautiful and I am in awe! I remember you from the olden days...

lhangel9
November 12th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Lovely .. just lovely! Congrats :bounce:

Chrissy
November 13th, 2010, 05:21 AM
I've always loved your hair Speedy. Your curls are gorgeous! Congrats on making your goal.