PDA

View Full Version : Help...I lose my hair ;(

Kero
October 24th, 2010, 02:49 AM
Hi! I'm new in this forum, but I heard that you can help me:(

It started about a month and a half ago, I thought that it was just autumn solstice, but my hair started shedding more and more + thinner, finer and with split ends...I thought that it could have been lack of vitamines, bought some and did my thyroid tests(got Hypothyroidism), results were ok, for now I take Euthyrox 170 and 150, also thought of my contraceptive pills(Yasmine for a year and Yaz for a while, and then Yasmine again). However now I'm completely depressed, it falls out even more and more...This month I changed my pills for Yasminelle and for now I can't tell if there's any difference. I also take some horsetail pills for hair. And my hair is still weak, fine, thin and shedding. I'm afraid I'm gonna lose them all, I lost about a half during these 2 months. I tried also lots of conditioners, Syoss, Gliss Kur and Farmona Radical, all were told to help and did even worse. Of course I would go to a doctor but I'm broke at the moment...
I don't know what to do...help.:(

sakuraemily
October 24th, 2010, 06:52 AM
Hi! I'm new in this forum, but I heard that you can help me:(

It started about a month and a half ago, I thought that it was just autumn solstice, but my hair started shedding more and more + thinner, finer and with split ends...I thought that it could have been lack of vitamines, bought some and did my thyroid tests(got Hypothyroidism), results were ok, for now I take Euthyrox 170 and 150, also thought of my contraceptive pills(Yasmine for a year and Yaz for a while, and then Yasmine again). However now I'm completely depressed, it falls out even more and more...This month I changed my pills for Yasminelle and for now I can't tell if there's any difference. I also take some horsetail pills for hair. And my hair is still weak, fine, thin and shedding. I'm afraid I'm gonna lose them all, I lost about a half during these 2 months. I tried also lots of conditioners, Syoss, Gliss Kur and Farmona Radical, all were told to help and did even worse. Of course I would go to a doctor but I'm broke at the moment...
I don't know what to do...help.:(
It could be the contraceptive pills; They are known to have hairfall as a side-effect. Have you been using them long enough to be sure they aren't the reason? Its not thyroid if your tests are fine.
I'd suggest that you stop using conditioner. I experience increased hairfall with conditioner(but maybe thats just me). but changing conditioners that often will not help you, guaranteed.
Shampoo once a week from now. It might sound disgusting to you if you have been shampooing your hair everyday till now, but excess shampooing is bad for hair. It strips hair of all natural oils and natural oils are actually good for hair. And shampooing once a week isn't unhygienic if you do water only washes once every 3 days.
Get a blood test done to check if you're anaemic(when you are not broke anymore).
Eat more protein and vitamin.
A doc would be a good idea if you see patches coming up.

hairobsessed1
October 24th, 2010, 06:59 AM
I ca totally relate. I have had Metrorraghia for about a year, about two months ago my hair started to shed, about 3 times as many hairs were coming out. Im going throught tests and i think i might have a thyroid problem. Try castor oil- you rub it into you scalp. I do it the night before i wash my hair (it is quite time consuming) I have done this acouple of times and found it has really helped. hope this helps and good luck