PDA

View Full Version : Deep conditioner and wurly hair

bubblyredhead
October 23rd, 2010, 09:30 PM
Last weekend I did my normal deep conditioning treatment of Shea moisture deep repair ( yellow container) sulfate and silicone free then i tried a new protein mask from Palmers and my hair felt like SILK... only issue is my wurlys are now basically gone. I tried clarifying, washing as normal, co washing and now still barely any wurlies mostly just straight as can be with wurlies in the front. Anybody have any ideas as to what I could do to get them back?

GRU
October 23rd, 2010, 09:47 PM
My best guess is protein overload.

I'd clarify and then do something like an SMT (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128)to super-moisturize.

My curls also love Sweet Almond Oil or Grapeseed Oil, even more than Coconut Oil (which they also like).

virgo75
October 24th, 2010, 07:53 AM
2nd the clarifying.

I tend to lose my curls - they turn into waves - when my hair is super moisturized. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing? Most people's hair gets curlier with co-washing but mine became straighter and wouldn't hold a curl at all. :shrug:

I don't know how often you deep condition, but maybe your hair is saturated and healthy and you can cut back to less often?

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. :oops: