PDA

View Full Version : Elvish hairstyles? Pffft! How about those Hobbits!

Kittee
October 23rd, 2010, 11:05 AM
That's right. I normally tuck my ears under my hair for photographs,
but it's time I come out... Loud and proud!

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g60/workbucket007/Hobbitme.jpg

Show um if you got um!
Pointy ears....or hobbit hair that is!

My fellow hobbits... Heeeeeeyyyyoooooo!

(Yes that's me, having second breakfast.)

:laugh:

Harriet
October 23rd, 2010, 11:54 AM
hooray for elf ears!
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b169/sarahedavies/leaversballme.jpg

Maverick494
October 23rd, 2010, 11:56 AM
You both look smashing! You guys would rock any cosplay you'd go to. :D

Capybara
October 23rd, 2010, 12:02 PM
This is to funny!! :lol:

My sister was born with one elf-like ear and one regularly shaped ear - we say she's half Elven:)

Harriet
October 23rd, 2010, 12:05 PM
I toyed with the idea of having my ears pointed, but have a tendancy towards scars that stay pink for ages so decided against it.

It would be so cool to have them naturally!

Wind Dragon
October 23rd, 2010, 12:08 PM
I have nothing to contribute, just wanted to say "Awesome!" :inlove:

Maverick494
October 23rd, 2010, 12:15 PM
I toyed with the idea of having my ears pointed, but have a tendancy towards scars that stay pink for ages so decided against it.

It would be so cool to have them naturally!

I have a friend who did this. At first I thought she was crazy but they turned out so well I find myself envying her. But like you I don't heal all that well (and I'm just scared) so I'm not going to do it.

And I guess it's also the idea of body modification that doesn't sit right with me. I'm content with what I have and who I am, so I would be a hypocrite if I went off to change something like that. Where's the line?

Ah, nevermind my ramblings. If anyone has cool pictures to contribute please do! Makes me itch to spend my hard earned money on those gorgeous headdresses I saw on Etsy....

podo
October 23rd, 2010, 01:36 PM
dude.. you can do that for real? My ears are naturally sort of pointed and some people say I'm a pixie, and while I wouldn't want anything dramatic I could totally go for just a touch more. :D

Since someone mentioned cosplay - any long haired LARPers out there (besides me)? Just PM me since we don't want to clog this post with our off topic ramblings. ;)

Has anyone ever seen any actual hobbit hairstyles? I'm trying to remember but I just can't think of any hobbits - male or female - who have 1) long hair or 2) styled hair. Ok, maybe I do remember one or two that had longish straight hair, but I couldn't swear it; maybe I'm thinking of Willow, since I just watched that recently. Does anyone know why this is so? Were hobbits supposed to be just short, curly hair?

Kittee
October 23rd, 2010, 03:40 PM
What there has to be more than two of us!

Fadedbluedreams
October 23rd, 2010, 08:18 PM
This is to funny!! :lol:

My sister was born with one elf-like ear and one regularly shaped ear - we say she's half Elven:)
That's funny :) I have a slightly indented earlobe and when I was a child I told people I was half vulcan.

Fadedbluedreams
October 23rd, 2010, 08:19 PM
dude.. you can do that for real? My ears are naturally sort of pointed and some people say I'm a pixie, and while I wouldn't want anything dramatic I could totally go for just a touch more. :D

Since someone mentioned cosplay - any long haired LARPers out there (besides me)? Just PM me since we don't want to clog this post with our off topic ramblings. ;)

Has anyone ever seen any actual hobbit hairstyles? I'm trying to remember but I just can't think of any hobbits - male or female - who have 1) long hair or 2) styled hair. Ok, maybe I do remember one or two that had longish straight hair, but I couldn't swear it; maybe I'm thinking of Willow, since I just watched that recently. Does anyone know why this is so? Were hobbits supposed to be just short, curly hair?
Rosie Cotton had long, curly hair with ribbons in it. Oh, and perhaps they didn't have more notable hairstyles because they were more concerned with the hair on their feet? Just a thought :)

podo
October 24th, 2010, 10:05 AM
perhaps they didn't have more notable hairstyles because they were more concerned with the hair on their feet?

:rollin: :bowtome:

Fadedbluedreams
October 25th, 2010, 09:22 AM
My husband has read the Compedium of Races of Faerun, (which is a D&D book for those who don't know) and according to him, halfling women do a lot of intricate braiding and buns. They are often decorated with flowers, and "earthy" things as he put it.

dainaleeo2
October 25th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Hah that's awesome! loving the elf ears, & hobbit 'do.

triumphator!
October 25th, 2010, 09:52 AM
(Yes that's me, having second breakfast.)

Elevensies? :D