PDA

View Full Version : brain surgery/braids

shawneez
October 22nd, 2010, 07:49 PM
Just thought i'd say hi to everyone. I haven't been around lately because I'm in Maryland having 3 neuro-surgeries. Have the last surgery on Oct 26, then I recoup in hospital and then rest for a week in a hotel before coming home by wheel chair. Neurosurgeon really didn't have to remove too much hair for my surgeries which is great and putting my hair in 2 braids afterwards at night has worked out well. After 12 years of suffering 24/7 pressure inside my head and brainstem compression induced multiple organ function down regulation causing multiple other problems I finally found an awesome Australian neurosurgeon who is exceptionally good at what he does. And he truely cares about his patients unlike so many other doctors out there. Although I'm having a lot of pain I'm pretty excited that these surgeries are going to give me my life back. The nurses at this hospital are incredible also which is very unusual.

Anyway, if anyone wants to say a little prayer for my next surgery I would really appreciate it.

I will check in afterward and let you know now it went.

gretchen_hair
October 22nd, 2010, 08:04 PM
I will be praying for you, you're really brave to have these surgeries and very lucky to have such a great Doctor! :grouphug:

WinterInBloom
October 22nd, 2010, 08:07 PM
I will be praying for you! I'm so glad you're getting your life back because of this procedure. :)

cindy58
October 22nd, 2010, 08:16 PM
Sending lots of positive thoughts for a speedy recovery! I agree, you're a brave lady.

2peasinapod
October 22nd, 2010, 08:49 PM
Lots of prayers and positive thoughts from me, too. You are very brave, and I hope you have a speedy recovery. :grouphug:

lundmir
October 22nd, 2010, 08:50 PM
I hope you have a quick recovery, and a good surgery. Sending all of my support to you!

TinaDenali
October 22nd, 2010, 08:55 PM
Lots of healing energy your way!

Dragon
October 23rd, 2010, 01:50 AM
Sending good thoughts. I hope you have a quick recovery.

Neneka
October 23rd, 2010, 01:59 AM
I wish you the best!

Yozhik
October 23rd, 2010, 03:19 AM
My thoughts are with you. I wish you a speedy recovery!

KittyLost
October 23rd, 2010, 04:05 AM
Thoughts are with you and lucky for you to find a great doctor.

Chestershire
October 23rd, 2010, 04:27 AM
I wish you the very best! It must be very scary.. Good luck

Pixna
October 23rd, 2010, 04:53 AM
You are so fortunate to have found such a wonderful doctor. I'm sending you healing thoughts and best wishes for a pain-free future and a full and speedy recovery! :grouphug:

aenflex
October 23rd, 2010, 08:13 AM
Heck yes best wishes!!!! Keep us posted on the outcome.

spidermom
October 23rd, 2010, 09:31 AM
My sincere wishes for your speedy and complete recovery.

yellowchariot
October 23rd, 2010, 09:35 AM
You are in my thoughts and prayers!

LouLaLa
October 23rd, 2010, 09:39 AM
Absolutely thinking of you, my brother has had many brain surgeries, shunts, biopsies [im sure you know the drill!] and I think you are brave and amazing.

I have so much admiration for you, from experience I know it takes a very special soul to deal with all these problems. Major hugs, people like you with such a positive outlook and pateience remind me the world is actually still a good place.

Angelica
October 23rd, 2010, 10:09 AM
I wish you a very speedy recovery and it will help the healing process since you know you will not lose too much hair. Take care. xxxxxxxxxx