PDA

View Full Version : Mini Goal Reached :)

KittyLost
October 22nd, 2010, 08:04 AM
I just did my first ever sock bun with a real sock on barely shoulder length hair :D This is the length of my hair before I dyed it red using XXL Red Passion and with Crazy Colour Fire over blonde highlights.

It feels a bit loose and wibbly since I haven't secured it properly and only used the method where you hold your hair into a ponytail and then add the sock, then tilt the head forwards and cover the sock then secure with a snag-free band :) You can still see my ends sticking out around the edges haha it still needs some work and some practice.

I'm so happy and excited I had to telll someone and who better than a hair community? My friends wouldn't understand :P I've been dying to try a sock bun ever since I seen UltraBella's beautiful double sock buns and my hair finally became just a little bit longer. This is a big deal for me because the only thing I can do with my hair is put it in pigtails or ponytails! I haven't really learnt how to braid yet it just comes out messy so I'm pleased that I have achieved something other than a ponytail so my hair can no longer suffer ponytail damage :)

Also if anyone has any other hair style suggestions for shoulder length hair I'd be happy to hear them :) My friend can just fit my hair into a single or double french braid and my hair has only just started to clip up securely with a claw clip. I tried a gibson tuck but I found it a bit tricky.

aenflex
October 22nd, 2010, 08:40 AM
Good for you! My hair is about your length and I never do anything with it other than pony tail and clip my banks away from my face :) So I cannot offer any cool styles but I like your bun! It looks pretty good.

Cheeks1206
October 22nd, 2010, 08:47 AM
Congrats on reachin your mini-goal! I love the color :)

tigr
October 22nd, 2010, 08:53 AM
Congratulations!

My hair is just at shoulder too. And it was only a week or 2 ago that I was able to put it up for the first time. So I know *exactly* how amazing it feels! Enjoy your new bun ability!

:cheese:

Mexibeach
October 22nd, 2010, 09:20 AM
OH! I need to try this!!! Congrats on your bun. I hope I can be half as successful as yours. Mind, I have all these layers to try to contend with... I may not be so successful....

Maddy25
October 22nd, 2010, 09:23 AM
It looks great! I'm almost shoulder, this gives me hope that I wont have to wait much longer :cheese:

Henrietta
October 22nd, 2010, 09:23 AM
Congratulations!:) It's a nice, even and shiny sock bun! :D

Sweetie
October 22nd, 2010, 09:36 AM
wow, so deeply red!!! and shining, too!!!
wonderful result!
:)

BrightEyes
October 22nd, 2010, 09:40 AM
Congrats! I love sock buns! Yours is cute, and I like the color.

Before my most recent chop my hair was almost shoulder length. I could do peacock twists. I also could do half up twist-thingies with short hair sticks and forks.

KittyLost
October 22nd, 2010, 10:19 AM
Thanks guys! In a long hair community you forget that there is also plenty of short hairs patiently growing long :) if I could do this I have faith all of you can do it too even with layers you may have to use some bobby pins.

Now to try a peacock twist, thanks for the suggestion :)

Roscata
October 22nd, 2010, 10:44 AM
That looks awesome, congrats! And your hair color is beautiful. What did you use?

Unofficial_Rose
October 22nd, 2010, 10:48 AM
Another one who loves the colour! :thudpile:

So nice to be able to put it up, isn't it?

triumphator!
October 22nd, 2010, 12:40 PM
I have an album of hairstyles for shoulder length!

Dragon
October 23rd, 2010, 01:58 AM
Congrats, looks great:)

KittyLost
October 23rd, 2010, 04:03 AM
I put XXL Red Passion over my brown hair and bleached out the blue that was under my fringe and added some highlights then I covered the whole of that with Crazy Colour Fire. I'm hoping to darken it a bit with Directions Rose Red soon.

It's good to be able to put it up and not fuss with the straighteners anymore, I can stop heat damaging my hair :)

Thank you! I'm going to check out your album, what a good idea to put them in an album :)