PDA

View Full Version : A very odd request..

surfguy87
October 22nd, 2010, 01:53 AM
(BE WARNED, this may sound creepy)

I recently posted about my hair incident:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=57703

My hair is VERY odd, extremely long layer on top and very short underneath (1 inch in some places).

Is there anybody knowledgeable willing to see my hair on webcam and give me honest decent advice?

UltraBella
October 22nd, 2010, 02:05 AM
Why not just post some pictures here on this thread so everyone who wants to can view them and offer advice ? Then it won't seem creepy..........

Gypsygirl
October 22nd, 2010, 02:53 AM
Yes...why can't you just post a couple of pictures?

surfguy87
October 22nd, 2010, 03:32 AM
I don't have a digital camera. Also I'd like to show how the hair cannot be managed.

EvaSimone
October 22nd, 2010, 03:33 AM
I can take pictures with my webcam. Yours won't do that?

Gypsygirl
October 22nd, 2010, 03:34 AM
But most webcams can take pictures? Right? You could also shoot a video and upload it to youtube...

WinterInBloom
October 22nd, 2010, 03:42 AM
But most webcams can take pictures? Right? You could also shoot a video and upload it to youtube...

If you don't want to take pictures with your webcam I think this would be a great idea. Take a quick video and post the link here, we'll all be happy to give you our opinions.:)

Gypsygirl
October 22nd, 2010, 03:50 AM
Or...if you can't do any of those things, you might want to wait a while and let us get to know you a little bit. Once you hit the 25 posts limit, I'm sure one of the guys will be glad to help you with this. :flower:

Jezerellica
October 22nd, 2010, 04:10 AM
You have been through a traumatic hair cut. I wish we could help you feel better about it. :(

surfguy87
October 22nd, 2010, 05:30 AM
Thanks for the ideas...

frizzinator
October 22nd, 2010, 06:35 AM
Many of us have regreted a haircut, and as a result many of us learned how to trim our own hair.

I used to think that a hairdresser would do a better job at hair cutting than I could ever do, but I finally became aware after a lifetime of experience, that giving control to someone else never makes me happy.

If you want someone else to cut your hair, I think it might require a long term relationship with one hairdresser to be able to consistently get the results you desire.

That approach seems to work for other people but it did not work for me because after having long term relationships with 3 hairdressers, I felt like they became bored with my consistency. They would always suggest something different, then act like it was a waste of their talent to simply trim off an inch, so I just quit depending on hairdressers altogether.

It might work if you could find a hairdresser who specifically loves to maintain long hair, but I suspect that would be a rare person.

It took me many years of hair frustration to achieve happiness with my hair growth.

My first decision was that an all-one-length cut would be easier to control while growing. Plenty of people complained about my "all-one-length" cut during the many years it required for me to grow it out. I had to keep reminding myself that I was in control, and this was how I wanted to reach my goal. No one else understood my point of view.

Growth is painful because it is never easy to control and it generates negativity with other people. You will get plenty of contrary advice from lots of well-meaning folks, but it is likely that the only support you will receive will come from this website.

If you make a YouTube video and post it here, you will get a lot of positive responses and probably some good advice. There is a lot of acceptance here for the person who earnestly asks for help.

surfguy87
October 22nd, 2010, 08:02 AM
Im uncomfortable with publishing myself on youtube. Furthermore, I have not got the webcam management software in order to record a media file.

Complications. Thanks for your support people.

aenflex
October 22nd, 2010, 08:48 AM
Well good luck to you. This is a great site full of helpful people. If you are committed to your long hair journey I think you would like it here. And because they come so cheaply now, a good idea would be to invest in a digital camera. The journals and blogs and forums are so enriched by photos.
It's nothing personal, it's just that most of us aren't down for webcamming with people we barely know. Not to kick the white elephant in the room...

trolleypup
October 22nd, 2010, 09:19 AM
I'm uncomfortable with publishing myself on youtube. Furthermore, I have not got the webcam management software in order to record a media file.
There are many many free and downloadable solutions to this issue, either from the maker of your webcam or others.

It's nothing personal, it's just that most of us aren't down for webcamming with people we barely know. Not to kick the white elephant in the room...
Indeed.

Unofficial_Rose
October 22nd, 2010, 09:27 AM
Sorry you have had such a horrible experience. I've had shoulder-length hair that I'd painstakingly grown out cut into a pixie at a very high end salon despite telling the stylist I was growing it. It's awful.

May I just second Ultrabella's request to put pics in this thread? You will get a wealth of knowledgeable opinions if you do this, and more than if you did a webcam/video etc? :)

Aleria
October 22nd, 2010, 10:33 AM
Do you have Windows XP or Windows Vista? If so I can tell you how to take a picture with your webcam using just the computer software.

Taisyun
October 22nd, 2010, 11:48 AM
what a very creepy request, you never know what you're going to see on the other end the webcam when it comes on.