PDA

View Full Version : Where did the "hair bingo" card go?

BranwenWolf
October 22nd, 2010, 12:22 AM
The one with the bingo squares that have typical anti-longhair remarks. Can someone post it here so it's easy to find?
I wanted to show it to a friend because she was in shock that people would be so rude over long hair.

Thanks!:D

luxepiggy
October 22nd, 2010, 12:35 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=44&pictureid=45225

(^(oo)^)v

BranwenWolf
October 22nd, 2010, 01:21 AM
Thank you! Must save on hard drive.

RachelRain
October 22nd, 2010, 01:47 AM
oh wicked, now I can play TWO bingo games when I go out! :) thank you so much.

Igor
October 22nd, 2010, 02:44 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=44&pictureid=45225

(^(oo)^)v
Saved! Thank you! :cheese:

Aria
October 22nd, 2010, 04:11 AM
I thought the thread was a joke until I read the second post. I so wish I could see it, but I'll have to remember to return to it when the forums say I can.

By the way, if I may ask, what's the second game, RachelRain?

skaempfer
October 22nd, 2010, 07:05 AM
Good golly miss Molly! My mother has been reincarnated as a bingo card! :ohmy:

marzipanthecat
October 22nd, 2010, 07:28 AM
I like the "You Never Wear It Down Anyway" square - a friend of mine had lovely long hair (almost knee length) and people said this to her, and she said in scandalised tones: "My hair is for my husband, not for the pleasure of everyone".

It seemed to be remarkably good for making people leave her alone - she's white and not Muslim (people expect Muslim ladies to have long hair), so people kind of realised they'd really crossed the line there with her. And it sort of confused people too.

Nightshade
October 22nd, 2010, 08:01 AM
Good golly miss Molly! My mother has been reincarnated as a bingo card! :ohmy:

:spitting:

Awesome. Thankfully mom and sis both have long hair, so I just sent the card to them. We can play together at Christmas when my Aunt with her Super Helmet Head Bob of Immobility +5 starts harping on us ;)

kabelaced
October 22nd, 2010, 08:15 AM
:spitting:

We can play together at Christmas when my Aunt with her Super Helmet Head Bob of Immobility +5 starts harping on us ;)

Imagining this made me laugh :P

Never heard of this before, but I must say that I love love love it!! :D Thanks for posting! (We should play this game during a meet!)

Igor
October 22nd, 2010, 10:31 AM
Awesome. Thankfully mom and sis both have long hair, so I just sent the card to them. We can play together at Christmas when my Aunt with her Super Helmet Head Bob of Immobility +5 starts harping on us ;)
:lol:
You mean the There Is Hair Somewhere Hidden Underneath The Hairspray style? :p

Angeletti
October 22nd, 2010, 10:45 AM
Wow that's comical, it just makes me realize how clueless people are about hair when they say those stupid comments! I love the "your long hair is gross and dead" comment, I would love to tell them that their short hair is dead as well : )

Nightshade
October 22nd, 2010, 10:46 AM
:lol:
You mean the There Is Hair Somewhere Hidden Underneath The Hairspray style? :p

ROFL Yep, that one. The sort of hair style where she could report live on scene in a Cat 5 hurricane and it would remain unmoved.

luxepiggy
October 22nd, 2010, 11:41 AM
Where's the "what happens when you go to the bathroom" square? :p

BranwenWolf
October 22nd, 2010, 03:01 PM
ROFL Yep, that one. The sort of hair style where she could report live on scene in a Cat 5 hurricane and it would remain unmoved.

Awesome. I just read that off to mom and she LOLed.

Does anyone notice that the people who ask "Why don't you cut your hair?" all have the same tone of voice, like they're addressing some stupid Rip Van Winkle rube who is hopelessly out of touch with modern society?
And if you reply "Because I like it this way" they start trying to tell you what you should like.:rolleyes:

So, for bingo cards I am up to Hair Bingo and Childfree Bingo. The second one is likely to get more use at family gatherings. (I'm the last sibling and how DARE I not procreate despite being single and unemployed) The hair one will be used anywhere.

Has anyone decided what prizes we give ourselves, though?

luxepiggy
October 22nd, 2010, 03:26 PM

Does anyone notice that the people who ask "Why don't you cut your hair?" all have the same tone of voice, like they're addressing some stupid Rip Van Winkle rube who is hopelessly out of touch with modern society?
And if you reply "Because I like it this way" they start trying to tell you what you should like.:rolleyes:

So, for bingo cards I am up to Hair Bingo and Childfree Bingo. The second one is likely to get more use at family gatherings. (I'm the last sibling and how DARE I not procreate despite being single and unemployed) The hair one will be used anywhere.

Has anyone decided what prizes we give ourselves, though?

Piggy votes for hairtoys (^(oo)^)

Alvrodul
October 22nd, 2010, 03:31 PM
Piggy votes for hairtoys (^(oo)^)
Seconded! :grnbiggri:thumbsup:

RachelRain
October 22nd, 2010, 04:17 PM
I thought the thread was a joke until I read the second post. I so wish I could see it, but I'll have to remember to return to it when the forums say I can.

By the way, if I may ask, what's the second game, RachelRain?

Defensive Omnivore Bingo - all the stupid comments people who eat meat say to a vegan/vegetarian when they find out you don't eat meat.

Surprisingly, I've heard very few of the ones on Hair Bingo... I should go to the city this weekend with my boyfriend and see if I can get a bingo.

eta - it's also called Defensive Carnist Bingo, but since technically humans aren't carnivores as we also eat fruits and veggies, I dislike the name of that version. I'm told my love for technicalities annoy people, lol.)

luxepiggy
October 22nd, 2010, 04:25 PM
Defensive Omnivore Bingo - all the stupid comments people who eat meat say to a vegan/vegetarian when they find out you don't eat meat.

Surprisingly, I've heard very few of the ones on Hair Bingo... I should go to the city this weekend with my boyfriend and see if I can get a bingo.

There's also Annoying Business Catchphrase Bingo . . . "synergy," "at the end of the day," "best practices," etc.

Excellent for boring, all-day meetings & investor presentations (^(oo)^)

RachelRain
October 22nd, 2010, 04:28 PM
There's also Annoying Business Catchphrase Bingo . . . "synergy," "at the end of the day," "best practices," etc.

Oooh. Off to google that one :) Thank you. I also searched for the Childfree Bingo - I've heard all of those ones. I'm gonna have fun this weekend, lol.

BranwenWolf
October 22nd, 2010, 08:11 PM

Don't forget "pick the low-hanging fruit."

ilovelonghair
October 22nd, 2010, 09:16 PM
I made the hair bingo one, it's in my album :D

luxepiggy
October 22nd, 2010, 11:30 PM

cool!! (^(oo)^)

BranwenWolf
October 23rd, 2010, 01:53 AM

I knew someone here made it but forgot whom!
I <3 it and so do my (non-longhair) friends.

Nightshade
October 25th, 2010, 07:50 AM

:lol: Happy to have amused your mom :inlove:

PraiseCheeses
February 14th, 2014, 12:18 AM
:brains: :brains: :brains:

Necromancing this thread... I've been searching for the "long hair bingo" card with no luck, and clearly the forum upgrade accidentally the whole albums so luxepiggy's link doesn't work. Google returns nothing relevant. Anyone still have a copy of this floating around?

Jesabel
February 15th, 2014, 09:01 PM
Bump! I'd like to know, too!