PDA

View Full Version : Halloween hair detanglers?

sunnylee
October 21st, 2010, 07:25 PM
So with Halloween around the corner I know alot of hairspray and product is going to be in use, at least for me. I am going to a party as a Bavarian Beer Girl. Wondering what is the best way to clean up after a harsh night. I usually just take out any accessories and wash my hair 3-4 times but I am always pulling chunks of hair out http://boards.style.com/images/emoticons/sad.gif
Trying the Protect Detangling product but curious if you girls have any rituals that will help along with a detangler to get my hair back healthy after one of those nights.
Also..what are you dressing up as this year?

Laurenji
October 21st, 2010, 08:53 PM
My advice after hairspray is TONS of conditioner. Get it as wet as you can and then condition, condition, condition! Make sure it's a really thick, slippery one too. Later you can wash your hair with whatever you like, but for that initial detangling/dehairspraying, thick slimy conditioner does wonders. Be careful while you're working it in, of course. If it's really bad, let it soak for a few hours or something.

slythwolf
October 21st, 2010, 08:59 PM
What is it that you're doing with your hair that requires so much product?

ravenreed
October 21st, 2010, 09:46 PM
I am also planning on spraying the heck out of my hair for a Halloween party I am going to, where I will wearing a phoenix costume. I will have a huge, feathery head dress and lots of glitter and over the top decorations. When I get home, I will not run a comb through my hair until I hop in the shower and soak my hair in conditioner. After I let it sit a bit, I will probably use a little shampoo to get out any residue, condition again, and then comb it out with the conditioner in it.

kwaniesiam
October 21st, 2010, 10:01 PM
Like others have said, wet hair and slather in conditioner then finger comb out as many tangles as possible. Then continue with your normal wash routine after that. Your hair should be fine.

shawty
October 21st, 2010, 11:19 PM
I might want to be The Green Stripe by Matisse, in which case I's just pull half my hair into a mini-bun on top of my head.
Or I might be Kelly, in which case I'd wear a wig and not worry about anything! :D

XcaliburGirl
October 22nd, 2010, 07:05 AM
Ditto on the conditioner.

Last time I had hairspray in my hair I also had a huge number of bobby pins and several elastics. There was no way those would come out dry without pain and damage. I got in the shower and used conditioner on the whole mess until the pins slid out without any problem. So, if the accessories you are using can get wet and covered in conditioner, I'd recommend taking them out in the shower rather than trying to remove them first.

jenwexler
October 22nd, 2010, 07:18 AM
I'm wearing a purple wig for my costume =]