PDA

View Full Version : Hi - New, and growing out a terrible Pixie cut.

Monkie
October 21st, 2010, 02:20 PM
it's been long, and short, and everywhere in between, I've been weaning myself off the hair dye, and then finally two months ago I just got tired of all the damage and chopped it.
:(
My hair has not been longer than my shoulders since I was 17, and I'm 26 now. The nice thing about short is that it feels so soft compared to my old, gnarly, damaged texture.
I'm naturally pretty light blonde to boot, so it's not like I don't like my hair color, dying it was just something I did.
Anyway, Hello all. hair dye SUCKS and I am never ever doing it again. Im going to *try* to not cut/trim my hair for awhile, but if it starts to look terrible, I might just get a trim to reshape it. I have a pair of thinning shears that I just love, because if a section of hair starts to look really gnarly, I just thin it out a teeny bit and get rid of some of the damage. As long as I don't go overboard.
I learned to do that from my roommate, who has lovely, thick, straight, shiny dark asian hair down to her bra strap, and has been growing it out from a 'bowl cut' for the last two years.
My cousin has a wedding in June, and I am focusing on growing it out for that, :cool:
xo.

jenwexler
October 21st, 2010, 02:24 PM
I'm in the same boat as you hairwise. except it's not a complete pixie...more of a short-medium shag.

Monkie
October 21st, 2010, 02:28 PM
Yeah, I guess Pixie is kind of a misnomer for what my hair is doing right now, it's the 'edie sedgewick' hairdo, but I shaved the back a wee bit, so that as it gets longer it won't 'mullet'

HereIGrowAgain
October 21st, 2010, 02:30 PM
There is a thread for us super-shorties on the mane forum. Hope to see you there!

Monkie
October 21st, 2010, 02:39 PM
Oh yeah, I've been lurking on it. It's nice to read about different people's hair goals on here. I can't wait to get my hair past my shoulders. It's gonna go in a bun and stay that way forever. :cheese:

Taisyun
October 22nd, 2010, 11:46 AM
Welcome.
Good luck on avoiding the mullety stage. I am currently residing in mullet city right now and it aint fun.

PJ-Sander
October 22nd, 2010, 01:41 PM
Welcome! I'm new too. :-)