PDA

View Full Version : Flipped braided Cinnabun?

UrbanEast
October 20th, 2010, 10:03 PM
I like the look of a flipped bun (and how well it holds), and I like braided cinnabuns. It would be great to combine them into a flipped braided cinnabun. Has anyone done this? I've searched but haven't found any mentions of it here.

I know that rotating the bun doesn't loosen the braid the way that it loosens the coils, so has anyone been able to make this work.

UrbanEast
October 21st, 2010, 07:18 PM
So I guess this isn't possible?

Magdalene
October 21st, 2010, 07:23 PM
Try it and find out!

Capybara
October 21st, 2010, 07:24 PM
*trying while reading* Hm, this does seem possible - I just can't get it to look neat, because the end of the braid "clashes" with the braid (if that makes sense?) I really like flipped cinnabuns and braided buns, so this does seem like an ideal combination :)

GeoJ
October 21st, 2010, 08:09 PM
I just tried it. It looked cool, but didn't last because I only had a hairstick to hold it (I need ficcares or bobby pins for cinnabuns of any kind).

podo
October 21st, 2010, 09:01 PM
I'd think it would work, but you'll need to start with a very loose braid, and when you flip it sort of mush it down so it's a tight(er) braid for the bun while letting you flip.

AprilElf
October 22nd, 2010, 06:01 AM
I've done flipped rose buns before, which work well, but I don't think I've flipped a regular braided bun. So, since I needed an updo idea for an outing this evening, I tried it out. ;)

I would have preferred the final bun to sit higher up -- but it's plenty doable!
I didn't make the braid any 'looser' than usual.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn253/AprilElf/Misc%20LHC/flippedbraidbun.jpg

proo
October 22nd, 2010, 12:22 PM
Do you mean make the bun, then flip it over or under?

AprilElf
October 22nd, 2010, 03:35 PM
Make the bun, but coil the last bit of the braid on top on the bun (rather than tucking underneath), so that when you flip it upwards that bit is under the flipped bun.

yellowchariot
October 22nd, 2010, 03:37 PM
^ AprilElf, that braid do looking amazing on you! The blue hair accessory really sets off the pattern of the style. Rock on! ;)

podo
October 22nd, 2010, 04:01 PM
Actually I was thinking of keeping the look on the flip part but have the bun part be braided, but that works too! I'll try this tonight and see how it goes. I imagine it'd be much easier with a rope braid since you can always tighten those.

UrbanEast
December 10th, 2010, 09:28 PM
I think I got it to work--as always I need two combs or pins to secure it. My buns never look as neat as the guys you guys made, but I liked it. :) Used a regular English braid but kept it pretty loose. I like the look better than the regular flipped cinnabn

GeeLove
December 11th, 2010, 12:27 AM
AprilElf, your bun is gorgeous!