PDA

View Full Version : Vaguely creepy advice.....

akuamoonmaui
October 20th, 2010, 07:08 PM
A little while back there was a post talking about the hair/beauty advisor for Glamour magazine (I think) referring to "us" as vaguely creepy...

Well. I just happened to see an article from Glamour for 10 rules for sexy, shiny hair. A couple of those rules happened to be quite familiar to this site....

So have we gone from vaguely creepy to sexy???

Nae
October 20th, 2010, 07:12 PM
How bout we be both?!? Vaugely creepy and sexy sounds like an interesting night out lol.

lundmir
October 20th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Hahaha, why not both? I remember the 'creepy' article, didn't care much for it and it ignored advice for curly hair.

LisaJaney
October 20th, 2010, 07:14 PM
If you're going to be creepy, October is the month to do it. Try it on for size, see if you like it, and by November, you won't care if that's what they say! :)

CindyLea1
October 20th, 2010, 07:17 PM
How about sexy-creepy...As in sorta on the fringes but not "too" far. As opposed to creepy sexy...and we wont go there.

jenwexler
October 20th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Nothing wrong with being creepy to main stream folk =] It's nice to have our own sort of "diverse" hair culture while people who read that magazine may often follow the new hair trends it suggests, whether they be good or bad. For now, we are sexy, or creepy. They'll find new things to put in the magazine to either support or bash what this site has to offer. It doesn't really matter. How about we just embrace or sexy creepiness to its fullest extent? haha.

TrudieCat
October 20th, 2010, 07:22 PM
How bout we be both?!? Vaugely creepy and sexy sounds like an interesting night out lol.

:laugh: Hahaha, love it!

Igor
October 20th, 2010, 07:26 PM
I like being vaguely creepy. It keeps the full-blown creeps off my sexy hair

Hana212
October 20th, 2010, 07:38 PM
OOh could someone link me to what was said?? I am interested.. :D

Qwackie
October 20th, 2010, 07:41 PM

I laughed. :D
So we're sexy yet vaguely creepy? Epic.

cybernetica
October 20th, 2010, 07:41 PM
I am planning a creepy sexy night out this Friday actually!

GRU
October 20th, 2010, 07:47 PM
OOh could someone link me to what was said?? I am interested.. :D

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=56047

Grab a snack, sit back, and enjoy! :D

akuamoonmaui
October 20th, 2010, 08:22 PM
I knew this thread would get people's attention!! Think she's trying to make amends????

It's just fine to be creepy and sexy.

:hifive:

triumphator!
October 20th, 2010, 08:32 PM
If you're going to be creepy, October is the month to do it. Try it on for size, see if you like it, and by November, you won't care if that's what they say! :)

Here here! :bottomsup:

FrannyG
October 20th, 2010, 08:45 PM
I knew this thread would get people's attention!! Think she's trying to make amends????

It's just fine to be creepy and sexy.

:hifive:

I'm quite sure that it's not by the same author. The author of the first article was by a former beauty editor who now has her own blog on another site altogether, not associated with Glamour, as I recall.

I seriously didn't need any articles to tell me that I'm sexy and vaguely creepy. This I already knew. Oh, and that I'm an endearing weirdo. :p

Jeno86
October 20th, 2010, 08:53 PM
I honestly take great pride in the title of creepy. Sexy isn't a bad one either.

MissManda
October 21st, 2010, 12:19 AM
Now I'm really starting to enjoy being endearingly creepy. :cheese:

<3OnHerSleeve
October 21st, 2010, 01:17 AM
sigh, I'm afraid I do find it a tad offensive. as a general rule I'd find it funny, but anyone who has found out I'm on this website has laughed at me for it so I'm getting **** sick of them. in theory friends, sometimes I wonder when they know I really care about my hair.

ericthegreat
October 21st, 2010, 01:26 AM
Well I already knew I was a creepy kinda of a weirdo. :p

But a sexy creepy weirdo? That's cause for a celebration! :beerchug:

Unofficial_Rose
October 21st, 2010, 01:35 AM
You know, it's a rare combination...but I've met people IRL who fit this creepy but sexy description, and, boy, are they unnerving. :eek:

This means we can look forward to making people feel horribly conflicted as they cannot decide if we really are creepy, or sexy, or somewhere along what is a very unlikely continuum. :rollin:

Nymphie
October 21st, 2010, 02:46 AM
Sexy yet creepy makes me think of Helena Bonham Carter's version of Bellatrix Lestrange in the Harry Potter movies :P

Juneii
October 21st, 2010, 03:11 AM
creepy is sexy I suppose :)

FrannyG
October 21st, 2010, 03:49 AM
sigh, I'm afraid I do find it a tad offensive. as a general rule I'd find it funny, but anyone who has found out I'm on this website has laughed at me for it so I'm getting **** sick of them. in theory friends, sometimes I wonder when they know I really care about my hair.

Well, outsiders just don't understand this place. That's just a fact. They see a bunch of posts with avatars of the back of people's heads, and they really don't get it.

Don't bother sharing your LHC life with anyone in the real world is my advice. :blossom:

Joliebaby
October 21st, 2010, 04:19 AM
creepy is sexy I suppose :)

Yeah - like dangerous is sexy, so why not creepy..

Bonkers57
October 21st, 2010, 06:49 AM
There ya go! :laugh: I've even incorporated 'vaguely creepy' into my sig, as you can see :pumpkin:

Sexy yet creepy makes me think of Helena Bonham Carter's version of Bellatrix Lestrange in the Harry Potter movies :P

podo
October 21st, 2010, 07:02 AM
There ya go! :laugh: I've even incorporated 'vaguely creepy' into my sig, as you can see :pumpkin:

I'm *so* copying that.

But for real... don't give these people any more thought or attention. They're the same ones advocating extensions and bobs and 8 different products just to do a ponytail! ...with metalic bands I might add! Do you really care what they think of you? Oh wait.. it's not even you; it's the idea that someone - anyone - is comfortable and confident in themselves (the sexy part) and doesn't feel the need to follow every new fad (the creepy part).

Someone has this on their siggy, and I've seen it elsewhere as well...and it's so true!

The people that matter won't mind, and the people who mind don't matter.

trillcat
October 21st, 2010, 07:44 AM
I would also like to add a Sig of "LHC: the few....the proud....the vaguely creepy" unfortunately I am clueless as to how to do this!
It just makes me laugh! No I am not offended by it, we are a bit odd! :D
Ooopsie, wait, nevermind, I seemed to have figured that out! ( How to do the sig, not that we are odd LOL!)

growing2shine
October 21st, 2010, 07:50 AM
Nothing wrong with being creepy to main stream folk =] How about we just embrace or sexy creepiness to its fullest extent? haha.

Yeah! Ha ha I like that. :D

marzipanthecat
October 21st, 2010, 07:52 AM

Ooh, I was thinking of Christopher Lee in the first Dracula film...

Actually, Christina Ricci springs to mind too (I think she's brilliant).

TrudieCat
October 21st, 2010, 08:06 AM

Ooh, I was thinking of Christopher Lee in the first Dracula film...

Actually, Christina Ricci springs to mind too (I think she's brilliant).

Yep, yep and yep! :D

HairFaerie
October 21st, 2010, 10:15 AM
I think I would fall under the classification of "Creepy yet vaguely sexy"! :laugh:

SIG CHANGE!!!! Hehehehe!

kwaniesiam
October 21st, 2010, 10:18 AM
That's (http://www.morbidementia.com/images/horror-babes/lilly-munster-2.jpg) what I think of when I hear sexy yet creepy :lol:

HairFaerie
October 21st, 2010, 10:22 AM
That's (http://www.morbidementia.com/images/horror-babes/lilly-munster-2.jpg) what I think of when I hear sexy yet creepy :lol:

YES! Morticia is definitely that! She is the epitome of sexy-creepy or creepy-sexy!

girlcat36
October 21st, 2010, 10:28 AM
Well, outsiders just don't understand this place. That's just a fact. They see a bunch of posts with avatars of the back of people's heads, and they really don't get it.

Don't bother sharing your LHC life with anyone in the real world is my advice. :blossom:

Good advice!!

My membership here is a carefully guarded secret.
My DH, DD, and my sis know of my LHC status. But I try really hard not to even discuss it with them.
I was checking my email on my iphone at work, and a nosy coworker(with effortlessly long, thick, auburn hair) saw a subscription notification for Long Hair Community, and practically yelled out, "Long hair community?! What the heck is that?!"
I mumbled something about cancer and hair falling out and quickly changed the subject.

I do feel vaguely creepy when I go through pics on my computer and there is a preponderence of 'back of the head' shots!

I am going to embrace my vaguely creepy, sexy side, but still keep it a secret. Until I die, then there will be alot of speculation over the odd pictures on my computer. LOL

JulietCapulet
October 21st, 2010, 10:33 AM
Anything that people are envious of or too shallow or limited to understand they might refer to in a negative way. I would be very happy not to be like the person who wrote such a nasty comment.

akuamoonmaui
October 21st, 2010, 07:00 PM

Or Elvira, Mistress of the Dark - anyone remember her??

RadiantNeedle
October 21st, 2010, 07:17 PM
I think 'campy and creepy' when I think of Elvira :D

BlackfootHair
October 21st, 2010, 07:22 PM

LOL That is SO siggy worthy. :D

Bonkers57
October 24th, 2010, 11:28 AM
:laugh: :laugh: You're too much!

prosperina
October 24th, 2010, 12:36 PM
http://www.lemondrop.com/2010/09/20/how-to-grow-long-healthy-hair-beauty-editor-secrets/

I think it's this article.

How are we vaguely creepy if she takes all our advice?? Well, at least this site gets credit. I'm willing to have a sense of humor about it.

Toadstool
October 24th, 2010, 01:09 PM
I preferred being an "endearing weirdo"...

KittyLost
October 24th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Vaguely creepy sexy?

Hmmmm sounds like an attractive stalker ;) Haha.

But! They are stalking this site for advice that they find creepy but gives them sexy hair.

I think we are sexy victims to creepy stalkers :P

Unofficial_Rose
October 24th, 2010, 01:26 PM
http://www.lemondrop.com/2010/09/20/how-to-grow-long-healthy-hair-beauty-editor-secrets/

I think it's this article.

"Beauty editor" - of what publication? :confused: She doesn't write terribly well. LHC-ers have a far better sense of language, IMO.

Oh well, back to the sexy/creepy dichotomy...

Jessica Trapp
October 24th, 2010, 01:34 PM
I love all of you vaguely creepy endearing weirdoes. :wigtongue

Bonkers57
October 24th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Hear! Hear! (or is it Here! Here!? does anybody know?)

I'm willing to have a sense of humor about it, too. I especially get a big laugh out of all the expensive products the author is hawking! :rollin:

How are we vaguely creepy if she takes all our advice?? Well, at least this site gets credit. I'm willing to have a sense of humor about it.

Bonkers57
October 24th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Including, or rather especially those who aren't native English speakers!

"Beauty editor" - of what publication? :confused: She doesn't write terribly well. LHC-ers have a far better sense of language, IMO.

Oh well, back to the sexy/creepy dichotomy...

Thinthondiel
October 24th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Hear! Hear! (or is it Here! Here!? does anybody know?)

It's 'hear, hear'. :)

I think I rather like being sexy and creepy. :D

KittyLost
October 24th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Does it make it worse that I enjoy the back of peoples heads pictures? Haha.

anna francesca
October 24th, 2010, 02:57 PM
yup, i recently read the german glamour and there were 10 reasons why you should start using oil on hair, it even mentioned coconut oil, seems like theyre finally picking up on the real beauty secrets. ;)

tinti
October 24th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Haha, I remember that. They don't seem to be able to decide what we are :lol:
ETA: Or maybe we're just vaguely sexy?

JamieLeigh
October 27th, 2010, 09:30 AM
I dunno...I'd rather just be an endearing weirdo. If you're creepy, people won't let their kids talk to you, but if you're sexy, then the wrong sorts of people hang around. Endearing weirdo sounds just private enough for me, while still giving a few social options. ;)