PDA

View Full Version : How did this random strand of BLONDE hair get here?!?

luxepiggy
October 20th, 2010, 05:30 PM
For a second today, I thought I had discovered my first official glint of silver . . . but upon further examination, it is actually a strand of pale gold / blonde! What in the world is it doing upon piggy's Chinese head?

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff33/shoppingpiglet/piggies/confusedpiggy.gif

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm almost positive I've never found hairs even close to this shade before . . . as you can see from my pics, most of my hair is quite dark! :confused:

Carriegirl
October 20th, 2010, 05:36 PM
How funny! Does that mean you're not aging, just getting better? ;-)

luxepiggy
October 20th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Ohhh that would be so cool, if I were to go gold as I age instead of grey! (^(oo)^)v

Peter
October 20th, 2010, 06:08 PM
I have black hair, but so far I've found one bright red strand on the top of my head and another silver strand on the back. :D

~bear
October 20th, 2010, 06:14 PM
My hair is naturally light brown and I have one particular hair that always grows very dark and very coarse. I know it returns because I used to pull it out. Now, I leave it. It's my wild hair. ;)

spidermom
October 20th, 2010, 06:15 PM
I've found just about every color growing out of my head, including extremely curly/kinky black hairs. Maybe we're mutts.

MissManda
October 20th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Well, my DBF has dark brown hair with a random streak of a medium blond color near his left temple. You don't usually see it because it gets lost in the rest of DBF's hair, but it's definitely there if you look. I remember the day when he first found it and he freaked out because he was worried that the LA water had bleached his hair while we were visiting the area. Hee hee. I don't know if't still growing in blond because I haven't actually looked in several months.

Nae
October 20th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Ha! Black and Gold! What a beautiful combination! Piggy has got a little bling bling going on!

GRU
October 20th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Back when I used to pluck out my grays (in other words, before I learned the joys of henna!), I would sometimes pluck it out, then notice that it was colored on the ROOT end.... so it grew gray for a while (like six inches or more of gray), then started growing strawberry-blonde again (again, several inches or so)!

:confused::confused::confused:

Must have seen it 20+ times over several years' time, too, so it wasn't just a random fluke or something limited to a particular time of illness, malnutrition, environmental exposure, etc. :shrug:

WinterInBloom
October 20th, 2010, 08:22 PM
I have found blond strands before in my otherwise very dark brown hair. I've also had two hairs that grew rather close together that were silver and gold, like really silver and gold, all sparkly and metallic. I had one random solid white hair almost as thick as wire grow in. I've also had hair grow in colored, turn gray for a couple inches, the go back to being colored. I've plucked all the weird ones and months later they never grew back in, so I don't really think I'm actually going gray yet. I don't think I'll care if I do go gray either, all my grays have been almost as sparkly and silvery as the pure silver hair I had, so they look nice.

trolleypup
October 20th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Half-chinese...most of the time my silvers are just that, but sometimes they will shades from blonde/red/brown, either entirely or color changing between the normal very dark brown and silver.

Cheeks1206
October 20th, 2010, 08:36 PM
That's happened to me! My maternal grandma is a natural red head, so I find quite a few flaming red hairs but every once in a while I'll find this one really pretty honey colored hair on my dark brown head. I've always assumed it's a crazy red hair that decided it would rather be blonde. :cool:

Sundial
October 20th, 2010, 09:00 PM
For a second today, I thought I had discovered my first official glint of silver . . . but upon further examination, it is actually a strand of pale gold / blonde! What in the world is it doing upon piggy's Chinese head?

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff33/shoppingpiglet/piggies/confusedpiggy.gif

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm almost positive I've never found hairs even close to this shade before . . . as you can see from my pics, most of my hair is quite dark! :confused:

*laughs* relax dear! I'm Chinese too and I find them quite often :) I guess it happens sometimes. I found my first few strands when I was much younger (Well, technically I didn't find them. It was pointed out by kids in school who thought I was going gray) and have already gotten used to people pointing them out.

I don't know what causes it and how they got there but I got tired of yanking them out, so they're staying :) As it is, my hair is mainly translucent brown under the sun and some parts of the fringe gets lighter sometimes although it looks dark indoors. I don't know if you have the same observations of your hair :p

ericthegreat
October 20th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Ohhh that would be so cool, if I were to go gold as I age instead of grey! (^(oo)^)v

OMG we would become total hair twins!!!:cheese: :D

You can take my avatar as a great example of how beautiful blonde hair would look on you. :cheer:

Toothe
October 20th, 2010, 09:47 PM
I'm a brunette, but I get random blond hairs not just on my scalp but also in my eyebrows and eyelashes. Very odd.

Also, my hair is much lighter than it was when I was a kid, which also seems weird. Most people go the other way. Maybe we'll go gold together!

Jenn of Pence
October 20th, 2010, 09:55 PM
I certainly have all kinds of colors in my hair. If I part it just right, I have a lovely red streak (my Irish side, I guess ;)). I'll have occasional blond hairs, too. Some are multicolor over the length! And then there are the silvers....most definitely not blond. I think the variety of hues makes my hair look really neat in the sunlight!

Stormphoenix
October 20th, 2010, 10:04 PM
I've found just about every color growing out of my head, including extremely curly/kinky black hairs. Maybe we're mutts.

Yep, pure bread American mutt. I think I have about 7 distinguishable different colors and thicknesses and texture on my head. Mostly varying shades of brown with everything from deepest thick black-brown to red-gold to fine blonde. It's a non stop colorist selection smorgasbord.

Neneka
October 20th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Is it possible to be Chinese and natural blonde? Does that ever happen?

SandyStar
October 20th, 2010, 11:17 PM
I'm Chinese and I've had golden strands too. I love them, so pretty. I'm guessing my follicles got confused. LOL

ericthegreat
October 20th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Is it possible to be Chinese and natural blonde? Does that ever happen?

Completely naturally blonde? Its genetically highly unlikely.
But, I do know many fellow Chinese who naturally have medium brown and even reddish brown hair. So it is definitely possible for Asians to have lighter colored hair. Not all Asians have the jet black hair that we are stereotypically known for.

pepperminttea
October 21st, 2010, 01:26 AM
I find odd strands of black, blonde and red in my otherwise brown hair. It makes life more interesting. :D

Would your hair sun-bleach to blonde?

queenofhair
October 21st, 2010, 10:40 AM
When I was born I had dark brown hair with a WHITE streak through it! Since then my hair has turned light brown and the streak is bleach blonde. It is always there!

bluesnowflake
October 21st, 2010, 12:59 PM
That's actually kind of cool! Maybe you'll go gold as you age instead of silver! My hair is goldishbrown naturally, but I have found a couple bright red hairs occasionally.

tinti
October 21st, 2010, 02:39 PM
Oh I'd love a streak of another color somewhere :)

donna'sdaughter
October 29th, 2010, 08:23 PM
well, it may not be that unusual. My hair has a reddish tent to it while my youngest son has blond hair in the front (hairline)?! when I allow his hair to grow it is sandy-brown so.. idk :uhh:

AspenSong
October 29th, 2010, 08:43 PM
I have - My hair is dark ashy blonde/brown and baby fine. I have found quite a few black as coal, coarse hairs lately.

christine1989
October 29th, 2010, 08:55 PM
I had a few of those (and I have dark brown hair). I kept my eye on them and they eventually darkened until they were the same color as the rest of my hair. It seems to be a seasonal occurance that happens mostly in the fall and winter.

kittensoupnrice
October 29th, 2010, 09:30 PM
I think it's probably natural.
I've found the whole suite of white, blonde, light brown, and flaming red in my head of half-asian hair.

Mostly now, though, it's just plain dark. I had more variety when I was younger.

It was funny, though, to see my asian Mom wigging out when she found flaming red strands in my hair that first time.

Khiwanean
October 30th, 2010, 02:17 AM
I've found single strands of red and very pale blond in dbf's mustache. His hair is otherwise very close to black (I would say it is black, but it looks very dark brown in sunlight) I haven't found any strands to far off my normal color in my hair though.

RadiantNeedle
October 30th, 2010, 02:25 AM

I have all shades of brown, blonde, red and black in my hair, and I'm certainly a mutt but I call myself a tortoiseshell to feel more glamorous :D :p

lockswitoutkeys
October 30th, 2010, 04:14 AM
I have black hair too and recently I saw the freakiest and most foreign thing ever - a bright red hair! Strange things happen but i think everyones got one freaky hair.

luxepiggy
October 30th, 2010, 04:19 AM
I'm beginning to believe that it is in fact natural - since I started CO washing last week, I swear my hair has gotten lighter all over! ( ' (oo) ' )

starlights
October 30th, 2010, 08:50 AM
This thread made me laugh because a few months ago i found a blonde hair on my ARM (It was like an inch long) & i have jet black hairs so it made no sense to me.

The weird thing is that same day I told my friend that I had found this blonde hair growing on my arm and she who herself is a Blonde haired, found a long, black hair growing on her arm?

How strange!!!! ???
we never did figure it out !!!

GRU
October 30th, 2010, 10:25 AM
I have all shades of brown, blonde, red and black in my hair, and I'm certainly a mutt but I call myself a tortoiseshell to feel more glamorous :D :p

I love this, RadiantNeedle! :D

mamaherrera
January 7th, 2012, 10:26 AM
I've got this going on too and I don't know if I got these blonde hairs since I've started going gray (cuz I have plenty of those too) and I dont know if these blonde hairs are the "next" ones to go gray or if they're just this color (cross my fingers) but I never noticed them before. I do have lots of red hair in my black hair, in fact I don't know why everyone thinks my hair is so black, when in fact I have many many reds. BUt you all are very inspiring, because I have seen some of my blacks and blondes in the same strand become white, but I have YET to see one get color back and I really hope from the bottom of my heart that if I chill out, some of my hairs will go back to their color. I just feel too young to be going gray, 31! I know many people have some by then, but my sister and mom weren't getting full of whites at my age. so I hope that seriously hair can get it's color back if the stress goes down. Even if they went back to blonde, that would be cool. I'm taking an adrenal support now, so I hope that helps!!

Lucie159
January 7th, 2012, 10:39 AM
I have curly hair.. I henna'd for the first time in October of 2011, but even before that when I was a bottle blonde I noticed that each one of my hairs has levels of color. I used to think it represented each time I had to retouch my roots, but I am thinking not, because my daughter who has never colored her hair has the same thing. Each band of color is about 1/8 of an inch long... almost as if each hair is stripped. And of course each band takes the henna at a different level. It makes my hair look like it is naturally red. The lightest of each band is usually where the curve of the curl is.. which is strange I guess, or maybe not. ha. I'm a calico!

arcane
January 7th, 2012, 04:45 PM
I'm naturally an ash blonde, but even when I was younger and had white blonde hair (until about the age of 12) I had corse black hairs and red hairs, and sometimes brown hairs, particularily in the sections around my face. Since my moms hair is naturally very dark brown (it looks black until you look closely at it) everyone assumed that the blacks hairs meant my hair would turn that dark too, but it never it. I too just assume it because I'm a genetic mutt. And all the hair colours seem to be in my family.

jacqueline101
January 7th, 2012, 04:51 PM
I don't know the science behind it but I have one black hair on my arm. I'd say its just nature changing us.

Coan-Teen
January 7th, 2012, 04:55 PM
I'm naturally blond/strawberry blond, and I have one dark auburn hair that is much thicker than my other hair. I like it. I think it's pretty common to have one weird hair judging from all the responses here, but I was a little weirded out when I found it the first time.

julliams
January 7th, 2012, 06:24 PM
I had a strand fall out the other day that was deep brown (almost black) and super thick at the top and went to strawberry blonde at the tip. I don't dye my hair so this was very weird. Only think I can attribute it to is the honey in the SMT treatments but that is some serious colour change even for honey!!

PixxieStix
January 7th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Aw yes, the joy of multi-colored hair.

I'm a medium auburn head naturally, and through my entire life have found light honey blonde hairs, brown, vibrant red, a couple black, grey, and I have ONE hair that grows near the nape of my neck on the right side that is pure white. Mom always pointed it out when I was a kid all through my teenage years ever time she have me a trim/haircut.

Also, there is this hair on the back of my neck about five inches from my hair line that grows out to be several inches long if I don't pluck it out when it pops up again. Very strange indeed, but it keeps me on my toes I guess.

Shuan
January 7th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Yay, a fellow Chinese member. I've noticed a few of my own hairs that were goldish when S&Ding. I think they were just confused grey hairs that didn't fully turn white. :D

lilravendark
January 7th, 2012, 06:57 PM
My hair goes blonde when I'm out in the sun a lot might be the same.

Raiscake
January 8th, 2012, 04:12 AM
I have a random strand of red hair around my bangs area. I even took a picture of it! I've had it since college. My sister also has a random blonde strand.