PDA

View Full Version : Braid or wraps for less damage

H'suan wen Hua
October 20th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Would your standard English braid starting from the nape of the neck be less damaging to the hair than say wrapping it found in this tutorial http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=82 ?

I currently braid my hair to sleep in my I would like to try the look created by wrapping more often.

lajsa
October 20th, 2010, 02:59 PM
If you use a soft fabric, I don't think it'd be that damaging, really. Not that I've ever tried that sort of wrapping... though I want to! I just don't have any fabric to use... :p

EverydayMiracle
October 20th, 2010, 03:01 PM
You can use bandannas, or just cut up old T-shirts or pillow cases :)

podo
October 20th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Funny! I have my hair like that at this exact moment! I'm trying to make curls for a dinner tonight, but I didn't realize how late it was so will have to take them out in a minute.

They're sort of difficult to get in, but well worth it for those of us with no curl who refuse to even let heat appliances into the house. Don't do it every night, but it shouldn't hurt every now and then.

H'suan wen Hua
October 20th, 2010, 06:41 PM
I just bought some bandanas so I can start doing it again. I had been using an old sheet but the waves were too small and I wound up looking like a poodle with a very nice coat!