PDA

View Full Version : Help please! Flyaway hair? Frizzy hair?

ddiana1979
October 20th, 2010, 11:51 AM
I can't decide what's wrong with my hair. Is it flyway or is it frizzy? I have quite straight hair 1a/b. My scalp tends towards oily, so I have to CWC 3 times per week. I only condition below my ears. However, when I air dry, I have these little individual hairs that stick out and don't lay down smooth with the rest of the hair. What the heck is that? New growth, dry hair (which I find hard to believe because I condition *a lot* & my hair feels very soft), static? I don't know. I don't think it's due to any product changes, because my hair has been this way my entire life.

I tried Frizz-ease, which made my hair look really oily & flat, even when I used a very small amount. Citre Shine spray did the same thing. I've used Static Guard, but I'm worried that might damage my hair. Any suggestions? Thank you. :)

little_cherry
October 20th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Hi!
I have these, too! They're baby hairs if they have taper on them. I use a little coconut oil (or any oil) to smooth them down.

angelfell
October 20th, 2010, 11:53 AM
I have that a lot towards my ends, but in my case, it's from breakage :/ which would be considered fly-aways, I believe. Can't be positive that's your case though, sounds like you take better care of my hair than me probably :p.

SpinDance
October 20th, 2010, 12:07 PM
I have these, too, new growth that goes a little wild before the hair is long enough or maybe heavy enough to lay nicely with the rest. Mine will lay down if I gently detangle/comb a few times while it's air drying. A touch of oil to smooth it after applying my leave-in on the ends helps, too.

bonnie1735
October 20th, 2010, 01:18 PM
I have those too. For as long as I can remember. I always thought it was just dry hair. I use a little coconut oil to smooth them down. I'm glad to know they are new baby hairs!!!

BrightEyes7
October 20th, 2010, 01:53 PM
It is regrowth. I have that too and they are so annoying.

A little hair spray (GASP!) works for me. Just mist it from as far away as your arm can reach on the top part of your hair. Let it dry and brush your hair so it isn't that funny looking stuck-together-from-hairspray look.

If you don't want hairspray might I suggest a lighter anti-frizz product. If you have fine hair that tends to fall flat a spray/mist would work better than a serum, which is obviously too heavy for your hair. You could also do as suggested and try a little oil but I personally don't like that because I can't stretch my washes as far.

ddiana1979
October 25th, 2010, 06:24 PM
Thanks all! I really appreciate the tips. :)

Lady Mary
October 25th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Put a little aloe vera on your hands and run it over the hair, fixes it right up.

UltraBella
October 26th, 2010, 01:26 AM
I second the aloe vera, it's my hair neccessity.

x0h_bother
October 26th, 2010, 09:06 AM
I have these, too, new growth that goes a little wild before the hair is long enough or maybe heavy enough to lay nicely with the rest. Mine will lay down if I gently detangle/comb a few times while it's air drying.
This :agree: My question is, can we ever get rid of them? or is there always new growth :confused:

Eire
October 26th, 2010, 09:09 AM
I used to use frizz ease -- like you, it didn't help.

Now I put a bit of coconut oil on my palms -- just enough to make them shiny -- and smooth it into my hair. Avoid the scalp, though, or it'll turn greasy. Then I lightly mist with a little hair spray to keep the frizzies down. Works really well.

spidermom
October 26th, 2010, 09:30 AM
There will always be new growth sticking out. When I want a smooth look, it always takes product to achieve it. What works best is a small dab of styling wax, putty, or pomade, although lately I've been using Sunsilk Captivating Curls styling gel/creme because it's the only product I have available right now. It works pretty good smoothed over the surface of my hair as long as I don't encounter wind and keep my fingers/comb out of my hair.

Nicoliee
January 13th, 2011, 01:26 AM
I have these too!