PDA

View Full Version : Damage From Blow-Drying Once a Week?

JulietCapulet
October 20th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Hi, I'm wondering, how damaging is it to get my hair blow dried once a week?

Thanks.

aenflex
October 20th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Well it depends on your hair's own resilience. Mine would suffer for it, as I lean towards dry/course hair. I would get breakage and desperately dry ends. My hair aint the toughest though. I'm sure other people would have less damage, although I don't think anyone can completely avoid damage from heat :(

luxepiggy
October 20th, 2010, 10:44 AM
When you say "get" blow-dried, do you mean at a salon?

BrightEyes7
October 20th, 2010, 10:52 AM
I heat style once a week. Sometimes I go a week without but I don't notice much damage. I use a flat iron or curling iron though. Not a blow dryer. But I also trim regularly, like every other week or so I do a microtrim.

Yozhik
October 20th, 2010, 10:53 AM
I think it depends on a lot of factors, like how high your heat setting is, how far away from your head you hold it, and how long you blowdry it (and if you do it until your hair is completely dry).

Looking at your hairtype you may be able to do it with minimal damage. :)

JulietCapulet
October 20th, 2010, 11:14 AM
When you say "get" blow-dried, do you mean at a salon?

Yes...but even at home on my own. But yes, mostly at the salon.

angelfell
October 20th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Pre-LHC, I blowdried my hair daily, every morning after my daily shower before I left. I always used heat-protectant, and maybe that's why it's not in bad shape. In fact, the majority of it is very healthy and smooth.. it's just my ends/left-over perm that is suffering, which will need to be chopped off eventually. But, that's just me, it's different for everyone. Have any past experiences?

ETA: After blowdrying, I piled a straightener on top of that. Oh yeah. Fry-age.

Dragon
October 20th, 2010, 03:25 PM
I think it depend on your hair. One use of heat on my hair would kill it.

cleanbug
October 20th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Pre-LHC, I blowdried my hair daily, every morning after my daily shower before I left. I always used heat-protectant
Hi, just curious what heat protectant you use?
I normally don't use a blowdryer or flat iron but my daughter does & she has fine hair. she also wants to grow her hair & i think she will need a protector if she wants to keep her hair somewhat healthy.
thanks
tami