PDA

View Full Version : Someone cited my hair on Reddit as 'perfect hair!' My work has paid off!

soopahgrover
October 20th, 2010, 12:10 AM
I just had a good belly laugh tonight.

So I notice on Flickr that one of my pictures got 80+ hits in one day. Odd.

I click through to see where this traffic is coming from. It's a picture of my hair, so I kind of expect one of those ****** sites.

The summary traffic page just says Reddit. Reddit? My hair is hot on Reddit?
I click through again. It's a forum thread on hair and looks.

Someone has linked to a picture of my hair with the words "Here is a picture of perfect hair."

That totally made my day. ^_^

FYI, this is the pic:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3552/3795329399_cd4258b3c4_m.jpg

And this is the Reddit thread. (http://www.reddit.com/r/TwoXChromosomes/comments/dsv1g/self_conscious_about_look/)

LisaMonster
October 20th, 2010, 12:15 AM
Haaah that is awesome! I bet you are glowing!

Your hair is absolutely gorgeous by the way and I am not at all surprised by that compliment :)

soopahgrover
October 20th, 2010, 12:19 AM
Aw, thanks! It's just a picture I asked my boyfriend to snap a year ago, when I was thinking of getting a trim, and wanted to see how uneven it looked, for real. :) You never can tell when you're trying to look over your shoulder in the mirror.

Hotrox
October 20th, 2010, 01:05 AM
What a compliment :D

And well deserved might I add

Sammich
October 20th, 2010, 01:23 AM
Agreed. Your hair is breathtakingly stunning! I want! :D LOL! <3

julliams
October 20th, 2010, 01:40 AM
That's so great. How do you click through to find out why you have so many views? I have some photos with like 400+ views and it doesn't make sense so I would like to know where they are too.

Hana212
October 20th, 2010, 01:43 AM
Hehe.. TBH I did not even know that there were long hair ****** sites... (& yes I did just google it) Quite frankly I was surprised yet not surprised... hehe funny as.
P.s. your hair is stunning!

Yozhik
October 20th, 2010, 01:47 AM
What pretty hair! You certainly deserve the compliment :)

I also looked through some of your other photos -- I really like the one where you look like a floating head of hair or cousin Itt (a really super-shiny one, that is ;))!

Purdy Bear
October 20th, 2010, 02:06 AM
Congratulations. Your hair is so beautiful and Im totally envious :)

pepperminttea
October 20th, 2010, 04:55 AM
That's an awesome compliment, and very true, too; gorgeous hair! :)

DaveDecker
October 20th, 2010, 05:11 AM
Gorgeous hair! :)

wvgemini
October 20th, 2010, 05:35 AM
Very awesome! And I agree, you have fabulous hair :)

MicheleClaire
October 20th, 2010, 06:10 AM
<3 Reddit.

FrannyG
October 20th, 2010, 06:34 AM
Oh, that's just awesome. And of course, true! :blossom:

LeaM07
October 20th, 2010, 06:35 AM
Oh wow, what a cool surprise -- and well deserved! :)

smileycat
October 20th, 2010, 06:38 AM
Yup, your hair looks pretty perfect to me, too!

spitfire511
October 20th, 2010, 07:00 AM
Congrats! That's so cool :-) Yay for your beautiful long hair!

spidermom
October 20th, 2010, 08:20 AM
You definitely deserved the compliment.

princessp
October 20th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Very cool! And your hair is perfect ---wow just beautiful.

soopahgrover
October 20th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Aw, thanks everybody! I've been trying it grow it out since 2001/2002. Studied the forums on hairboutique.com (http://talk.hairboutique.com/) very closely for several years, and after another several years of growing out 'new' hair and following the advice that worked for me, I'm finally actually really satisfied with it. ^_^ I dyed it for years before that, so it was quite frizzy and that took a long time to grow out.

julliams: The Flickr page I was looking at was the recent activity (http://www.flickr.com/activity/) page. (If you are logged in on Flickr right now, that link should take you to yours.) The widget on the right shows pictures that have been most popular in the last 48 hours. If you click 'More', you'll see today vs. yesterday. Click on any of the thumbnails, and you'll see a summary of where the traffic comes from. Click on any of those domains, and they'll show you exact URLs of the referring page. In most cases for me, it's someone searching within Flickr, but it's still interesting to read the keywords they searched on.
If you're looking at the page for a specific picture, and you want to know where all its traffic comes from, click the '## views' at upper right. But it only retains exact referring URLs for the past 48 hours.

Hana212: Yes, there are long hair ****** sites. >_< I often find my Flickr pics have been 'favorited' by people whose favorite photos are a collection of creepy long hair ****** pics, and I usually block those people. :/ But mostly I don't worry about them, because hey I get leered at by creepy guys in real life, so why get worked up about it.

Yozhik: Thank you! Floating head of hair? Which one is that? LOL

Thanks again, everybody!

BrightEyes7
October 20th, 2010, 10:31 AM
YAY!!! Congrats on such a great compliment!!

Your hair is beautiful!!:)

ukuleleclaire
October 20th, 2010, 11:11 AM
That is so awesome! What a great compliment, and you deserve it. :)

soopahgrover
October 20th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Awwwww. Everyone's being so nice with the compliments! This sure isn't one of those forums where people are like, "So? Good for you! Whoopdee doo!"

StormiDoodle
October 20th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Congrats! That is a fantastic compliment to receive!

melrose1985
October 20th, 2010, 12:19 PM
: D very nice!

Carriegirl
October 20th, 2010, 05:33 PM
How fun! Your hair really is beautiful! And since we have about the same hair type, i am hopeful that my hair will look like that if i make it to tailbone! ;-)

triumphator!
October 20th, 2010, 08:35 PM
I am going to agree with everyone and say you deserve it! Your hair is wonderful, and I hope mine looks like that when it grows out :D

Demetrue
October 20th, 2010, 09:19 PM
I totally agree - your hair is definitely "hair idol worthy" ;>)

Jezerellica
October 20th, 2010, 09:42 PM
You must have a huge smile!! That is a great compliment from a non-hair site. You know it is sincere. BTW, I'd take your hair anyday. It truly is amazing.

christine1989
October 20th, 2010, 10:01 PM
What a perfect compliment....and I agree with them 100%. It is really amazing! :)

MissManda
October 21st, 2010, 01:29 AM
That is a very well-deserved compliment. :flower: You have fantastic hair. :)

soopahgrover
October 21st, 2010, 10:26 AM
Thanks again, everybody!

How fun! Your hair really is beautiful! And since we have about the same hair type, i am hopeful that my hair will look like that if i make it to tailbone! ;-)

I've had great success in the past year with a bit of coconut oil the day before I wash it (or sometimes an hour or 2 before) followed by a smaller amount of raw shea butter, which is not super easy to find.

MissManda: Your hair is super nice, too! Way shiny!