PDA

View Full Version : Well Darn, My Hair Has Gotten Quite Long!

trillcat
October 19th, 2010, 07:35 PM
I have been wearing it up in a high pony tail braided for so long now, only taking it down to wash, and take the occasional pic, I didn't realize that I have gained a lot of length! It does not look like it in my profile pics, (the camera add 10 pounds and shrinks hair) but I am almost at waist now, one measly little inch to go!!!
I measured it for the first time in a long, long time, I am at 28ish inches. This is my best guess, the whole measuring deal is a hoot, involves me throwing the tape measure over my head then grasping like a goof to try to find it on my back, and grab my hair at the same time while Miss Cat thinks its the best game ever and tries to catch the tape measure I cannot see. Fun for all!
I did not look again at myself again without a shirt, that triggered me bad, as I posted in another thread about ED. But the hair is cool!
I am wearing it now in a "regular" braid just down my back, it is heavy! (yea, I get the irony :) )

Lisa R
October 19th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Well done! It is definitely looking long:)

CaliRose
October 19th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Same thing happened to me! I had my hair up in a bun or braided bun all summer long and didn't realize how it had grown until I wore it down for a party mid-September!

Your hair looks great! And Miss Cat is pretty darn cute.

Dragon
October 19th, 2010, 11:38 PM
Congrats, thats great :)

JenniferNoel
October 20th, 2010, 02:16 AM
Congratulations! It's amazing how much faster hair seems to grow when you're not paying attention. A watched pot doesn't boil I suppose. :)

Loreley
October 20th, 2010, 04:53 AM
Congratulations! :cheese:

spidermom
October 20th, 2010, 08:21 AM
It's amazing how growth can sneak up on you when you're not paying that much attention to it.

Henrietta
October 22nd, 2010, 10:45 AM
Wow! Congratulations!
And I feel your pain when it comes to measuring. In my case even without the *help* of the cat it's tricky:D

triumphator!
October 22nd, 2010, 12:42 PM
Yay! Aren't little moments where you realize things like that wonderful?

Magicknthenight
October 22nd, 2010, 12:56 PM
For some reason I can't see any of the pictures..:confused:
But i know what you mean. Things got really crazy and i stayed with my DBF for 2 months. Not checking the length and keeping my oiled hair up even after a shower when it was still dripping so he wouldn't see that. When i saw it just yesterday when i came back it had grown! :bounce:
Here i was worried it wasn't anymore. I guess completely ignoring the length is how to get results! :D
Congratulations! I know what you mean about the tape measuring too...we only have one of those stiff ones that comes out of the roll of metal so its difficult to say the least :rolleyes: I don't even bother anymore..