PDA

View Full Version : Yulia Tymoshenko, Prime Minister of the Ukraine

Mely
May 27th, 2008, 04:37 PM
...has very nice hair.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yulia_Tymoshenko

kimki
May 27th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Wow, is that even real? She seems to always have it in that style!

flapjack
May 27th, 2008, 05:11 PM
She is also attractive, which, dare I say it... is not exactly common in politics. Hahaha.

spidermom
May 27th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Nice peasant style, which makes her appear to be sympathetic regarding the concerns of peasant/common people while ruthlessly seizing all opportunity for herself and doing nothing for the common people. That's what I have read. Personally, I don't know, but I do with a passion dislike fakery.

LifeisAdventure
May 27th, 2008, 05:32 PM
I am in LOVE with her crown braid. She is a very beautiful woman with fabulous hair, and although I'm sure she has more than one stylist to help her with it each day for public appearances, it's still completely drool-worthy. Well done, Prime Minister!

centurytoolate
May 27th, 2008, 05:34 PM
I know nothing of her politics but the hair is gorgeous. (she looks ruthless though doesn't she?)

harpgal
May 27th, 2008, 05:34 PM
More than likely the braid is a hair-piece, but it is very cool none the less.

Islandgrrl
May 27th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Whatever her politics, she does have lovely hair.....

flapjack
May 27th, 2008, 05:38 PM
The other photo of her on wikipedia shows that she does have reasonably long hair... I'm not sure because you can't see from behind, but it looks like it might be real hair.

mellie
May 27th, 2008, 06:11 PM
She is beautiful, intelligent and powerful (and has gorgeous hair too!) - what an inspiration! :-)

mira-chan
May 27th, 2008, 10:02 PM
It is a hair piece. There actual hair is about waist length and layered.

Mely
May 28th, 2008, 12:10 AM
Here are some pictures of her from behind. It looks real.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/10/07/news/hair.php
http://sparklepony.blogspot.com/2008/03/as-requested-back-of-yulia-tymoshenkos.html

Here are some pictures with her hair down:
http://eng.for-ua.com/blog/2007/01/11/142151.html

Igor
May 28th, 2008, 12:33 AM
Yep, I agree with Harpgal and Mira-chan. It’s a fake piece. Her hair is simply too short and layered for a braid like this. It appears as the braid is started at the neck and no further hair is brought in along the way (as in a crown braid) and the resulting braid is simply too long and too even thickness all along the way to be her own
For comparison, I at almost classic and with a braid slightly thicker than what she displays, is still at least 5 inches short of being able to reach all the way around my head

Mely
May 28th, 2008, 12:51 AM
But where is the join? Look at this picture:
http://sparklepony.blogspot.com/2008/03/as-requested-back-of-yulia-tymoshenkos.html

Maybe she just has a really small head, and that is how the braid can fit around it.
Maybe her hair has grown since the pictures with her hair down were taken.

And Igor, I think your hair is quite a bit thicker than hers.

flapjack
May 28th, 2008, 01:01 AM
I think this is quite possible if her hair is straightened (assuming it's even naturally curly... the other photos might be her after a date with a curling iron, who knows...) and a crap ton of hairspray/gel/whatever to keep the layers in place. I was able to get a braid around the crown of my head like that when I was a little below bsl.

But we'll never know, hahaha. Really, who knows. /shrug.

Kuchen
May 28th, 2008, 01:10 AM
Nice peasant style, which makes her appear to be sympathetic regarding the concerns of peasant/common people while ruthlessly seizing all opportunity for herself and doing nothing for the common people. That's what I have read. Personally, I don't know, but I do with a passion dislike fakery. Those are precisely her reasons for choosing it, also, for always wearing white. It's a Bhutto-esque thing – a woman can lead the country but only if she's a quasi goddess :p

iris
May 28th, 2008, 02:28 AM
About whether it's real or not, I stumbled upon this:

"When Tymoshenko's detractors tried to undermine her credibility by accusing her of wearing hair extensions, in perhaps one of the more remarkable press conferences given by a politician and former minister, she undid her plait in front of the international press corps to prove that it was her own hair."

From here (http://blog.kievukraine.info/2007/11/julia-tymoshenko-iron-princess.html). :shrug:

Iris

Masara
May 28th, 2008, 03:40 AM
From an interview with the Jerusalem Post, found on what looks like her own site here (http://www.tymoshenko.com.ua/eng/exclusive/interview/3857/)

"Let me state for the record that I invented this hairstyle, and I do it by myself every day. It has been the subject of endless attention in my country. Everybody has something to say about it. But I've noticed that it's catching on in all kinds of fashion circles in Europe. That makes me happy - at least my hair is calling attention to Ukraine.

Ukrainian television forced me to take out the braid and redo it in front of the cameras, and the entire country - 48 million people - watched as I did that.

It takes me exactly seven minutes to get my hair to look like this. I recommend that all women with long hair try it."

About half way down this page (http://www.pravda.com.ua/en/news/2007/12/18/9617.htm), there is a pciture of her taking her braid out, but you can't see much.

I have to say, that I the braid is so even and so thick all the way round that I have trouble believing it is all her own hair. I would love to belive it is. If you look at the earlier pictures (including the one of her taking it out) the braid is less "perfect". If fact in a photo a slightly further down, you can see in that at one time (I'm saying nothing about now) her braid didn't go all the way round. It looks more like two braids pinned up.

Gulbahar
May 28th, 2008, 03:48 AM
About whether it's real or not, I stumbled upon this:

"When Tymoshenko's detractors tried to undermine her credibility by accusing her of wearing hair extensions, in perhaps one of the more remarkable press conferences given by a politician and former minister, she undid her plait in front of the international press corps to prove that it was her own hair."

From here (http://blog.kievukraine.info/2007/11/julia-tymoshenko-iron-princess.html). :shrug:

Iris
Yes, she did that. But as I gather from these pictures (http://www.tymoshenko.com.ua/eng/photo/92/94/) she wore the hair in a slightly different style that day and the braid looks much thinner.

Juliet's Silk
May 28th, 2008, 04:02 AM
Thanks Masara, that link is incredibly helpful.
It's said that she took out her braid in front of the camera and you can see a picture of that. Only a few pictures later, though, you can see the braid from behind and you'll see that it DOES NOT go around the whole head - that's in 2003 or something. So I think that yes, during that time, the braid consisted of her hair alone. Her hair is about BSL to waistish in length, let's be generous and say 30".

Now, just a year later, she sports the braid we all know, the braid around the head. It is simply not possible to a) grow enough length during one year for a braid long enough for that (I'm at 37" and I cannot do that, I might be able to when I reach 43" or something!) and b) even if it was possible to gain enough length, it is simply not possible to gain enough thickness at the same time! To have long hair without any taper at all is extremely rare and takes ages. You need to maintain your length for much longer than it took you to gain it - Igor is the exception to that rule but every rule needs an exception, right? ;)
To further proof my point, way down on the page you see her at the wedding of her daughter, where it clearly shows that she has only waist, maybe hip length hair. This means, if she braids her hair, the braid will reach to about BSL, maybe waist if we're being generous.

Conclusion: In the past she used to do her braid differently, not going around her whole head. She did that with her own hair without the use of extensions. In recent years, though, she started to use extensions / hair pieces.

kimki
May 28th, 2008, 04:24 AM
Yes, she did that. But as I gather from these pictures (http://www.tymoshenko.com.ua/eng/photo/92/94/) she wore the hair in a slightly different style that day and the braid looks much thinner.

I don't think she's a natural blonde either. :eyebrows:

Nat242
May 28th, 2008, 04:38 AM
Yes, well, if she dyes her hair, and has hair extensions, it couldn't possibly be because like female politicians everywhere, an inordinate amount of attention is paid to her appearance?

The Australian Deputy Prime Minister Julia Gillard has had to endure similar scrutiny and criticisms about her appearance; hair, fashion sense, etc. and I honestly think it's a real shame that women (even powerful, intelligent politicians and stateswomen) are still subject to this sort of scrutiny regarding their physical appearance.

It seems like a lot of the scrutiny Tymoshenko faces regarding her hair is coming from the media - dear god, can't they think of an important question to ask the leader of the country? :rolleyes:

I'm sorry if I offend anyone with my view, but this is a real pet peeve of mine.

-- Natalie

FrannyG
May 28th, 2008, 04:41 AM
Well, whether it's a real braid or not, whether she's a natural blonde or not, she looks professional and yet accessable and she's sporting a look that is very hair friendly.

It makes a great change from the usual lacquered styles that we so often see from women in power.

As someone whose grandparents had to escape the Ukraine less than 100 years ago, in poverty and with no freedom, it makes me very happy to see that not only do they have a Prime Minister now, but a female at that. :)

kimki
May 28th, 2008, 05:24 AM
Yes, well, if she dyes her hair, and has hair extensions, it couldn't possibly be because like female politicians everywhere, an inordinate amount of attention is paid to her appearance?

The Australian Deputy Prime Minister Julia Gillard has had to endure similar scrutiny and criticisms about her appearance; hair, fashion sense, etc. and I honestly think it's a real shame that women (even powerful, intelligent politicians and stateswomen) are still subject to this sort of scrutiny regarding their physical appearance.

It seems like a lot of the scrutiny Tymoshenko faces regarding her hair is coming from the media - dear god, can't they think of an important question to ask the leader of the country? :rolleyes:

I'm sorry if I offend anyone with my view, but this is a real pet peeve of mine.

-- Natalie

I think that is well said. The media will pick holes in any part they can.

I think personally I was more being curious rather than scrutinising. I think it's a great image to potray whether it's real or not. To be completely honest....who cares whether it's real or not? I think people were just wondering.

30isthenewblack
May 28th, 2008, 05:28 AM

-- Natalie

I totally agree Natalie. They had a go at poor Kevin Rudd's wife too and she isn't even a politician!

30isthenewblack
May 28th, 2008, 05:29 AM
Well, whether it's a real braid or not, whether she's a natural blonde or not, she looks professional and yet accessable and she's sporting a look that is very hair friendly.

It makes a great change from the usual lacquered styles that we so often see from women in power.

As someone whose grandparents had to escape the Ukraine less than 100 years ago, in poverty and with no freedom, it makes me very happy to see that not only do they have a Prime Minister now, but a female at that. :)

Well said. :)

Katze
May 28th, 2008, 05:38 AM
The pics I've seen, besides the curly, blonde pic, have shown hair that reminded me a LOT of mine - fine, slightly wavy, layered, and light brown-dark blonde with bleached ends.

I agree there is NO way that braid is her own hair, but if she wants to claim it is, that's her right. Politics is theatre, after all.

Although, to me, her style isn't really appropriate for politics, I would dress like that in a heartbeat if I had the money. A mix of ladylike, retro, peasant, even some gothic touches - you've gotta respect the image she's crafted together.

seabear
May 28th, 2008, 05:39 AM
Nat242 -:applause

Very well said, and a very good point.

Juliet's Silk
May 28th, 2008, 05:46 AM

You won't believe what our chancellor Mrs. Merkel had to endure at the start of her tenure (or, for that matter, what they wrote in the newspapers when she dared to wear a dress that showed quite a lot of cleavage - it was an outrage!).
But then I clearly remember that the chancellor before her, Mr. Schröder, had to endure a lengthy discussion in the newspapers whether his hair was dyed or not, because he did not have any grey hairs showing and some people couldn't believe that this was natural. One newspaper went as far as interviewing Mr. Schröder's hairstylist, who said that it was not dyed.
That's lived equality - when male and female alike have to endure stupid stuff like that... :rolleyes:

k_hepburn
May 28th, 2008, 05:58 AM
As someone who just can't resist trying to wind her braid around her head every now and again, only to find that at hip length it's still way off from being long enough to successfully complete a circle, I have to agree with the doubters: her hair simply isn't long enough to support that crown braid all by itself.

What's more, it doesn't really look thick enough to me either. You'd have to have solid iii thickness all the way through in order to achieve that kind of braid thickness, and I really don't see that kind of thickness in her pictures with her hair down. The braid she took down for demonstration on Ukrainian television to me looks a noticeably different style from her usual, tightly braided crown braid. It looks more like a french rope braid, deliberately braided loosely in order to make it look as full as her usual braid, when in fact it isn't. Given that lack in thickness, I don't really by the "two braids pinned up" argument either - two thin braids in my experience look nothing like one solid thick one when pinned up.

One thing that really amazed me when reading this thread and looking at the accompanying pictures, though, was how different Tymoshenko looks when her hair is down. While it does make her look rather stunning in a classical eye-catching way, her face does loose quite a lot. With her hair up she manages to look at the same time ethereal and fragile, but also with a clear connotation of "don't mess with me". I didn't actually realise until now, just how well this hair-do works for her. So, whether she has a little help in creating it or not, I think it was an excellent choice.

To settle the question of what kind of length and thickness is necessary to spot this look, all with one's own hair, maybe we could get some of or members with hair past classic length to conduct some trials?

Greetings

katharine

Eireann
May 28th, 2008, 10:39 AM
She's beautiful (I, too, know nothing of her politics.) I live in DC, and I sure wish the "Washington Ladies" with their helmut head bobs would take a page from her style book.

iris
May 28th, 2008, 10:48 AM
LOL. I was just wondering how she did the unbraiding-for-the-camera thing - I mean, it's blatantly obvious that her hair the way it looks down, cannot possibly make up all of that thick, completely non-tapered braid that we see in the signature up style. So I was wondering, how did she do it?

Knowing now from the link you posted that she wore it in a different style when she took it down for the cameras, the question becomes, was she wearing her hair at the time in the style that she took down for the cameras, or did she always wear it with the false braid and only in the two-braid style for the occasion of taking it down for the cameras?

If it is the latter, I wonder if non-LHCers honestly do not see the difference between the two up styles? Is it really only obvious to people who have long hair themselves? I find that sort of hard to believe. I'll see if I can find someone who's never had long hair to see if they get it. (Hm, do I even know someone who's never had long hair? That could get tricky).

One thing that really amazed me when reading this thread and looking at the accompanying pictures, though, was how different Tymoshenko looks when her hair is down. While it does make her look rather stunning in a classical eye-catching way, her face does loose quite a lot. With her hair up she manages to look at the same time ethereal and fragile, but also with a clear connotation of "don't mess with me". I didn't actually realise until now, just how well this hair-do works for her. So, whether she has a little help in creating it or not, I think it was an excellent choice.
I agree. Also, the crown braid really looks like, well, a crown. It has regal connotations for me. Not sure how that works in her culture, but to me in my culture, she looks like a queen with the crown braid. ETA: I guess crown braid is not the right term for the style. Whatever. It looks like a crown.

Iris

Anje
May 28th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Harpgal, didn't you used to have an avatar with a braid like hers?

I'm certain that the more recent incarnation of the braid has extensions woven in, but I certainly can't fault her for that. It's difficult enough to be a woman in politics: she shouldn't be criticized for dying her hair or adding extensions when (in non-LHC circles, at least) it's a perfectly acceptable thing for any other woman to do.

In any case, it's an elegant style, and I would love to be able to do it. Looks quite protective, too. (Now I just need to figure out how to pin the braids to my head without messing up the underneath hair.)

Morag
May 28th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Well, all right! That certainly answers the "Does long hair look unprofessional?" worry discussed in another thread recently, doesn't it? Hehe.

Juliet's Silk
May 28th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Yes, harpgal is the only one I distinctly remember to have such a braid - without no taper at all.

I doubt that anyone here wanted to criticize her for using extensions. At all. I know, when I first saw her hair, I thought "wow, I want to do that with my own hair too!". Then, I noticed that I wasn't able to and I tried to figure out how much hair I would need for that. I figured that she used extensions, which was valuable knowledge to me - if I want to recreate that style, I'll go and buy me a hairpiece without thinking anything about it.

I have seen several threads about her distinct hairstyle here on LHC, and I'm sure that the intention of all of these threads was the fact a) to bring to attention that someone famous is sporting a very "longhaired looking" 'do and b) asking if and how it could be done. This is a long hair board, after all, so that's what we do - talk about hair, right? And it happens to be the hair of a politician... if she was an actress, no one would be offended that we "reduced" her personality to her style just because she's a woman. No offense meant, but I think the next step to true equality is accepting that we can talk about the appearance of someone without seeming to reduce them to their gender. Because we don't. :flower:

Islandgrrl
May 28th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Just for kicks, with my BSL-ish hair, I braided it and wrapped it up to see how far I could get. Just about 1/3 of the distance around my head with good placement for a crown braid.

The braided part of my hair from nape to elastic is 7.5 inches. I'd have to have 14-15 more inches of solid braid to be able to get around the rest of my head and have the end of my braid (not counting tassel just tuck under to form a closed circle. That would make my hair, unbraided, about 40" which is just about TBL on me. Given my fairly minimal taper, I'd say if my hair were about 46" I could get a braid easily as thick as Tymoshenko's appears wrapped around my head in a crown braid.

Seriously, it doesn't look like she has that much hair. I'm just saying....

harpgal
May 28th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Yes, I can wear a braid like hers, however I have a bit more taper to my braid. With the thickness of her braid and with no evidence of a taper, I figure she would have to have very thick hair reaching to mid thigh, or so.

I still think it is a hair piece, but I do think it is lovely.

Patty lou
May 28th, 2008, 01:13 PM
One thing is from all the pictures of her she appears to have a small head plus she wears the braid far back so I think it's possible to be all her own hair.
There was a article on her that said she does her own hair herself every morning and it takes about 20/30 minutes. she probably has had lots of practice if that is true.
My DH checks her web site every day as he thinks she is soooooo beautiful.

Patty lou

Chromis
May 28th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Hmm, I know the old threads about her inspired me to want to try the style very badly! The first time I was able to do it was about tailbone, but my hair is not as thick as that braid looks:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1223/1217401713_23210d41bf_m.jpg

Birchbark
May 28th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Just for kicks, with my BSL-ish hair, I braided it and wrapped it up to see how far I could get. Just about 1/3 of the distance around my head with good placement for a crown braid.

Yeah, my hair is at my waist now, and when I set the braid far back on my head like she does, it goes about 2/3 around.

flapjack
May 28th, 2008, 01:54 PM
an inordinate amount of attention is paid to her appearance?

I don't think I could possibly agree more with these comments. That is a lot of what was running through my head but I didn't want to make the thread too "serious" at the time.

I was curious and reading through some articles about her and it's actually kind of scary how much they talk about how she looks instead of what she does or says. I had no idea that was the case with her. :/

Mely
May 29th, 2008, 08:50 PM
This is the best crown braid I can do.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j146/melykin/CROWNBRAID.jpg

Despite the terrible frizzyness, this style feels remarkably secure and comfortable. It is held with 3 Amish pins. But the peasant look, while it is charming on a thin, beautiful woman such as Tymoshenko, doesn't seem quite so charming on an older person with a matronly figure and a lot of frizzy salt and pepper hair. :rolleyes:

kimki
May 30th, 2008, 12:25 AM
Aww Mely I think it looks great and its really shiny. I love your natural salt and pepper hair. :flower:

Katze
May 30th, 2008, 12:56 AM
I'm a big fan of this style. To the poster who said that it adds authority and power to Y.T.'s look - absolutely.

Oddly, while buns make me feel matronly and dumpy, any kind of crown braid, coronet, wrapped braids, etc make me feel feminine in a very powerful way. Earthy but don't-mess-with-me.

Now, I am not as rich or as thin as Timoshenko, but the look suits me, too. When I saw her "hair down" pics - not the blonde, curly ones, this was some time ago - I saw hair a lot like mine - fine, layered, barely wavy, and "hair-colored" (between blonde and brown) and thought, wow, I can do this.

No way. My hair is too short and too thin - my braid, at its thickest, is about 1.5 inches and reaches halfway.

It's just too bad that she claims "this is a 'do that takes several minutes" and that it's her real hair - while this might be inspiring for people who don't have long hair, it's kind of disappointing for those of us who really know how such hairdos are made.

Reminds me of asking my mom how the ladies in movies are able to change their hair from scene to scene, and her explaining "falls" and hairpieces. I was so disappointed!

Tresses
May 31st, 2008, 09:26 PM
Of course it's her hair
she paid for it, didn't she?

:p

Mitzy
May 31st, 2008, 09:41 PM
My grandmother had hair that was just long enough for her to sit on. She was about 5'3". Her hair had little taper and was about normal, not too thick nor too thin. She wore her hair like that all the time. Sometimes in two braids wrapped around and sometimes, especially for church, one braid wrapped around. With one braid, she could just tuck the tassel under in back. She said the one braid was harder to pin up (used more pins, I think she meant) and harder to position, so she only did it sometimes. One braid of course, was thicker.

heidihug
June 9th, 2008, 01:57 PM
I felt inspired this morning and remembered this thread, so I did a one-strand coronet. I got a couple of compliments on it, so I think I will have to do this more often. It's pinned with regular bobbies underneath the braid on the side and in front, and with a larger plastic pin in back where the braid end gets wrapped under the braid start.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=611&pictureid=14336

angelthadiva
June 9th, 2008, 02:21 PM
heidihug: That turned out beautifully! We have close to the same length...Oops, you are a little longer...I might have to try this again myself...It only held up for as long as the trip into work, then I was leaving a little trail (think Hansel and Gretel) of bobby pins down the hallway. :(

heidihug
June 9th, 2008, 02:28 PM
a little trail (think Hansel and Gretel) of bobby pins down the hallway.

That? Is an awesome mental picture. I have had similar mishaps with some updos, mainly french twists.

I look forward to being able to wrap my single braid around twice for a "double" look coronet. I've always admired women who were able to get this 'do to work, and now I'm one of them! Or at least I was for today.:p

Tangles
June 9th, 2008, 02:29 PM
I think I will grow my hair as long as it takes to be able to wrap it around my head--I have a small head, so it shouldn't be too hard of a task. What a gorgeous style. I agree with Katze that it represents both femininity and power. Why on earth do people in America seem to think you can't have both at once? Would you ever see an American woman politician wear her hair like this? More likely it would be shoulder length and blow fried, and that if she was really daring.

CurlyOne
June 9th, 2008, 02:30 PM
She has beautiful hair! And in politics, wow, that's an odd combination.

Sakura07
June 9th, 2008, 03:30 PM
She is quite lovely. The crown braid looks awesome whether or not it is real.

angelthadiva
June 9th, 2008, 08:52 PM
That? Is an awesome mental picture. I have had similar mishaps with some updos, mainly french twists.

I look forward to being able to wrap my single braid around twice for a "double" look coronet. I've always admired women who were able to get this 'do to work, and now I'm one of them! Or at least I was for today.:p

I was doing okay, when I found one--But then a male co-irker yelled down the hall, "I think one of the girls lost their hair do-hickies"...And everyone peered out of their cube to look at me. :shrug:

I *wish* I could do a french twist now--Man, I loved that style--Can you do them anymore?

I love the look of the double coronet, so timeless...I sort of duplicated the look on DD by doing French Braids from crown to ends on both sides, then criss cross in the back, and bring around...I think that is such a cute look on her.

katiana
June 9th, 2008, 09:41 PM
She is very popular in Ukraine..my husband is Ukrainian and her hair is much talked about in Ukraine. This is a very traditional Ukrainian braid. I love how that one link shows her with her hair down and the men said she looked younger with her hair down and not as serious..I think she looks gorgeous both ways..wow, and I thought she was a natural blond...I think the blond is also very flattering on her.

heidihug
June 10th, 2008, 08:59 AM
I *wish* I could do a french twist now--Man, I loved that style--Can you do them anymore?

Sometimes, because I have such fine, relatively sparse hair, I can still do some updos that longer length people typically have a hard time with. But they usually blow up on me after I move around for a while. With the attending pins sproinging all over the place.

Katiana, I can't imagine a female politician in the US being able to wear her hair long. I think she would probably be criticized for being too vain, or trying to look younger than her age, or something ridiculous. The only nationally recognized female politician I can think of right now who is close to being a longhair is Alaska governor Sarah Palin, who has sported some lovely updos in her time - link (http://www.palinforgovernor.com/aboutSarah.html).

LadyPolaris
June 10th, 2008, 12:15 PM
She's beautiful and so it her hair! She must be highly intelligent too, to succeed while still being gorgeous, longhaired and well groomed. I doubt any woman that pretty, no matter how clever, would have any chance at politics here in my country. No credibility if you're pretty ('too vain, must not be smart enough to rule a country'), no credibility if you're ugly ('too sloppy, must not be sane enough to rule a country'). It's still a tough field for women. Things must change.

katiana
June 10th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Sometimes, because I have such fine, relatively sparse hair, I can still do some updos that longer length people typically have a hard time with. But they usually blow up on me after I move around for a while. With the attending pins sproinging all over the place.

Katiana, I can't imagine a female politician in the US being able to wear her hair long. I think she would probably be criticized for being too vain, or trying to look younger than her age, or something ridiculous. The only nationally recognized female politician I can think of right now who is close to being a longhair is Alaska governor Sarah Palin, who has sported some lovely updos in her time - link (http://www.palinforgovernor.com/aboutSarah.html).

Oooo..you are right! Rare to see recognized female politicians with long hair..had to think about that, but gosh, so true. Too bad, I wish we would get out of this mindset..

heidihug
August 29th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Bumping this thread up because, hmm, Sarah Palin seems to be in the news today! ;) Don't want to get into any sort of political discussion here, but I do hope she keeps her hair longer. I think she's quite lovely.

jivete
August 29th, 2008, 11:57 AM
I was thinking that too heidihug, since I'd just searched for Sarah Palin here after researching her after the announcement.

Xandergrammy
August 29th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Bumping this thread up because, hmm, Sarah Palin seems to be in the news today! ;) Don't want to get into any sort of political discussion here, but I do hope she keeps her hair longer. I think she's quite lovely.

It's the strangest thing. I had never heard of Sarah Palin until the announcement was made and then I started reading this thread and saw her name here!!! What a coinky-dink!

mugglemomof3
August 29th, 2008, 03:01 PM
I wonder how long Sarah Palin's hair is most of the time. I've been hunting for photos and could only find two (and have no idea how long ago they were taken) with her hair down.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z29/mugglemomof3/celebrities/palin4.jpg http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z29/mugglemomof3/celebrities/palin6.jpg

serious
August 29th, 2008, 03:09 PM
It's the strangest thing. I had never heard of Sarah Palin until the announcement was made and then I started reading this thread and saw her name here!!! What a coinky-dink!

Exactly the same thing happened to me !:bigeyes:

GlassEyes
August 29th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Women in power will be attacked on anything they can find as a possible weakness. Such is the way of the mostly patriarchal world we live in.

Sad, but true. So thus, female politicians must work harder than men to earn respect in 'their world'. It's not a great truth, but it is one.

pixiegirl
August 29th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Her hair when its down, doesn't seem long enough to make the braid.

Kevyspen
August 30th, 2008, 02:30 AM
I'd never heard of her either (quite understandable being in the UK) but the first thing I did was try to find some pictures with her hair down - she does look gorgeous - thanks for posting mugglemom.

Nat242
August 30th, 2008, 03:55 AM
Women in power will be attacked on anything they can find as a possible weakness. Such is the way of the mostly patriarchal world we live in.

Sad, but true. So thus, female politicians must work harder than men to earn respect in 'their world'. It's not a great truth, but it is one.

You're right. But those of us that realise this should work hard to make sure we don't fall into the trap of lending our support to a flawed system.

Cantabile
August 30th, 2008, 04:14 AM
Even if the braid isn't real, she does look awfully cute with it. :thumbsup:

Lamb
August 30th, 2008, 08:26 AM

Actually, men have their "weak point" as well - height.
http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-life/just-dreaming/articlemh.aspx?cp-documentid=8415931&GT1=32001

But it is true that women in power have a greater battle to fight. Actually, they are very often (if not more often) attacked by other women, rather than by men, from what I have seen.

longhairedfairy
August 30th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Xandargrammy, your "coinky-dink!" made me giggle!

anna1850
August 30th, 2008, 07:13 PM
I've been measuring how long it will take me to be able to do this style and I think I need another good 9" of braided hair for it to work so I'll have to wait pretty much until classic I think. I really want to do this hairstyle. Whenever I'm wearing a braid I like to wrap it around my head to see how much further it is and it looks really good on the side that I can do it. Looks good with a rope braid too.

The only thing that worries me though is that my braids frizz up very quickly. I've assumed that it wouldn't happen with this as I think it's largely caused by the braid rubbing against clothes but if it gets really fuzzy anyway then that would put me off a bit.

simulacrum
August 30th, 2008, 07:41 PM
More than likely the braid is a hair-piece, but it is very cool none the less.

"'Everything that I have is natural — braid, nails — I practically never use cosmetics,' she once said at a news conference. 'They often ask me in the provinces about my braid. Now, once and for all, I am going to lay to rest these rumors.'With that, in front of the cameras, she let her hair down, Rapunzel-like, for all the world to see.'"
-From New York Times article - In a Political Twist, a Hairdo as Manifesto (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/07/fashion/07braid.html?_r=1&oref=slogin)

anna1850
August 31st, 2008, 06:07 AM
"'Everything that I have is natural — braid, nails — I practically never use cosmetics,' she once said at a news conference. 'They often ask me in the provinces about my braid. Now, once and for all, I am going to lay to rest these rumors.'With that, in front of the cameras, she let her hair down, Rapunzel-like, for all the world to see.'"
-From New York Times article - In a Political Twist, a Hairdo as Manifesto (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/07/fashion/07braid.html?_r=1&oref=slogin)

That's been mentioned before but if you actually look at the photos (http://www.tymoshenko.com.ua/eng/photo/92/94/) when that happened she had the 2 braid version (ie braided pigtails crossed over the top of the head) which only needs about APL-BSL hair whereas now she has the single braid which needs about classic. She could have grown it but I don't know when as that would normally take 3+ years.

anna1850
August 31st, 2008, 06:20 AM
If anyone wants to get a look at her hair from various different angles I found this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7S_v9tEW1g) on Youtube. It's kind of fun to watch even though they're speaking Ukrainian which I don't speak a word of. I still think that amount of length and thickness makes it likely that she's had extensions or something.

Tornerose
February 8th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Reviving an old thread...

I saw her on the news today, and thought she looked so elegant with that braid, it made me google ukrainian politics to find out about her braid. (Haha I know, shame on me for not knowing who she was before today, but ohwell.. better late than never).

I'm glad to see LHC has already dscussed her hair :lol:

Even if she does use fake hair in the braid, her hair seems to be in a really good conditioon. I've seen pics with unbleached roots, hair down, and of course her braid... and wow. I want an appointment with her hairdesser :lol: How does she bleach her hair with so ittle damage?

Anyway, I thought I'd share some more pics if anyone's interested.
Loose braid (http://visualrian.com/storage/PreviewWM/4366/13/436613.jpg)
Hair down loose (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_v2zEq0iZp6s/StZRRmyc1eI/AAAAAAAAEt8/acP8b_zm1XQ/s400/Ukrainian+Prime+Minister+Yulia+Tymoshenko+Casual+O utfit.jpg)
Updo from the back (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_v2zEq0iZp6s/StaLZWCDVxI/AAAAAAAAEuU/ewguSCAaZWw/s400/Famous+Braid+Of+Ukrainian+Prime+Minister+Yulia+Tym oshenko.jpg)

Does anyone know how she gets the braid to stay like that without sowing in ribbons (hair-taping)?

MsBubbles
February 8th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the bump! I just read the whole thing thinking it was new! :doh:

Those photo links...hmmm. Now I'm convinced she's probably using extensions. I just don't see how if her hair lays that flat against her scalp in the down-braid pic, how it could produce that thick of a braid. I haven't yet figured out how to puff out my braid to give it some volume. If I do it loose it just all falls out. Oh and then the 'down' pic looks very typical Hollywood extension hair-ish to me. Like Jennifer Love Hewitt, Jessica Simpson, Taylor Swift, all the VS models, or anybody at all with those spirally things. Plus her ends look way too thin to produce that thick of a braid, crown or otherwise.

But still I do appreciate her making long hair popular.

Sissy
February 8th, 2010, 09:05 PM
I think her braid is real. She has said it is real. Yulia is beautiful. I tried her hairstyle a while back and it came out OK on me, but I'm not nearly as nice looking with it as she is.

ericthegreat
February 8th, 2010, 09:46 PM
Okay guys, I'm going to step in as the resident hairstylist here :) . There are extensions and strand by strand hair enhancement techniques that are so good, that they are completely undetectable by both sight and also touch. There are of course extremely expensive, I'm talking between over $8000 to $10,000, and some famous celebrities pay even more money than that. They can bond individual little bundles of real human hair with your actual hair very close to your roots. These bonds are so small and fine, they feel just like your own natural hair. Its takes several hours, from 6 to 8 hours or perhaps in the case Mrs. Tymoshenko even longer than 8 hours to painstakingly bond all that hair onto your head and make it look like your own naturally growing hair. These extensions are so undetectable, you can even run a brush over your scalp and the brush will not catch the bonds of your extensions. The brush will just slide right thro your hair like it was all your natural hair because the bonds are that fine.

So it is completely conceivable that Mrs. Tymoshenko has one of these very expensive kinds of hair extensions on her head, and that is how she was able to undo her signature crowd braid, let her hair down, and then re-do her crown braid back up again.

The rare photo with her hair down speaks the truth. Her natural hair is only ii in thickness, and it is cut in layers and it only a little longer than BSL. There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY that same amount of hair on her head can form the thick, perfectly even, taperless braid that wraps all the way around her head! Even someone with a thickness of iii would need to have their hair uniformly as thick and taperless without any split ends all the way down to classic length in order to naturally create that kind of crown braid, and she clearly does not have that much hair.

Nocturnal
February 9th, 2010, 01:03 AM
The rare photo with her hair down speaks the truth. Her natural hair is only ii in thickness, and it is cut in layers and it only a little longer than BSL. There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY that same amount of hair on her head can form the thick, perfectly even, taperless braid that wraps all the way around her head!

I agree. Back when I had my hair very long I was able to wear it like that (and the braid on the head would be at least as thick). I am speaking hip length blunt cut, no layers or fairy tales. I think she/ her stylist assume most people don't realize how long and thick the hair has to be to style it that way, so BSL hair would look plausible.

Still cool she has popularized the style. Even red carpet celebrities are sporting heidi braids now.

naereid
February 9th, 2010, 01:54 AM
Yesterday I had on a bun with two small braids on the sides of my head. I was inspired by a movie about the Queen Victoria, yet got comments that I looked like Tymoshenko. Oh well, both are fine. :D

enfys
February 9th, 2010, 04:03 AM
Good grief I'm cynical but if the extensions are human hair she has a good case that they are "natural". It's all marketing.

Having worn my hair like that, it needed to be a touch past classic and untapered. With two crossed braids shorter hair is plausible but not one single one. Anyone seen the pictures from when Carrie Fisher had this style in Star Wars? The sheer volume of extensions that were needed? The length?

However. I think she's awesome. In the hair elections I'd vote for her.

mellie
February 9th, 2010, 05:31 AM
However. I think she's awesome. In the hair elections I'd vote for her.

Haha, me too! :D

Katze
February 9th, 2010, 05:31 AM
This has been discussed already on this site (a lot) - it's fake.

That's been mentioned before but if you actually look at the photos (http://www.tymoshenko.com.ua/eng/photo/92/94/) when that happened she had the 2 braid version (ie braided pigtails crossed over the top of the head) which only needs about APL-BSL hair whereas now she has the single braid which needs about classic. She could have grown it but I don't know when as that would normally take 3+ years.

Nice bit of tricksery here. for people who know nothing about hair, or have never dealt with hair longer than shoulder, it is convincing!

The rare photo with her hair down speaks the truth. Her natural hair is only ii in thickness, and it is cut in layers and it only a little longer than BSL. There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY that same amount of hair on her head can form the thick, perfectly even, taperless braid that wraps all the way around her head! Even someone with a thickness of iii would need to have their hair uniformly as thick and taperless without any split ends all the way down to classic length in order to naturally create that kind of crown braid, and she clearly does not have that much hair.

Exactly.

Her natural hair looks a LOT like mine in texture, length, thickness, and color. It was these photos that convinced me - my braids taper, and hair that is layered like hers, or mine, would create tapered braids - not a consistent thickness all the way across her head. I can braid one braid or two that encircle my head, but the ends are thin. There is no way that hair of her thickness and length (again, I am comparing to mine) can do what that artificial braid does.

I think she has an interesting look but it would be even cooler if she decided that her 'close-to-the-peasants' image needed her NATURAL hair color and her REAL hair braided. Maybe, like me, she was blonde as a kid and feels like blonde looks prettier on her than ashy light brown - as so many women do - but, as others have said, it just screams fake. But what do you expect from a powerful politician?!? :)

Arya
February 18th, 2011, 03:14 PM
I think it's real. My hair is layered too, with the longest layer at waist, the shortest back layers at shoulder, shorter layers at the front bangs grown out long enough to tuck behind my ears. I thought of a way to minimize taper. If she had a good hair stylist, I bet she could do it. Obviously mine doesn't look great (cos I just thought of it now, and I think this would take a very skilled person to do it on their own) but bear with me.
It only *looks* like she put it in a pony tail at her nape. Here's what I bet she's doing (and a way to copy this look for us with shorter hair!)

1. I combed my hair into a deep part, then took a rattail brush and and separated out a two centimetre thick halo around my head, where I planned on placing the braid. I 'ponytailed' these and let them dangle free.

2. I then took the hair from my crown, and anchored it to a small piece of hair from the nape of my neck, and tied these together at the nape of my neck. This became the middle strand of the braid.

3. I then took the hair on the left side of my head from in front of the halo, and the rest not already put into the middle strand from the back, to create the left strand of the braid. Be careful to leave the 'halo' hair free.

4. I repeated the process on the right side of my head, to create the right strand of the braid.

5. I pulled the hair over my right shoulder did two 'bumps' of an english braid, then held in one hand.

6. I combed out the 'halo' ponytail on the right side with my free hand. I separated out one piece and added it to the big braid.

7. I proceeded to braid the hair my hair around my head, adding a piece from the halo at every bump. This anchors the hair to your head and minimizes taper.

8. I got to my left ear, and added the last 'halo' piece to the braid. I then proceeded to make an english braid. I had enough english braid from my left ear to wrap it around my head and pin it at the top of my head, under the crown braid.

9. used a comb to make the front neater.

The braid is still pretty tapered, but I think if I didn't have bangs, my braid would have been thicker, and would have tapered less. My hair is veeery layered. This method also makes it rock solid!

I'll try again later and see if I can do a better job with wet hair and mousse. Maybe someone can try my method (if they can understand it!) and post better pictures!

Arya
February 18th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Are these too big?

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i373/Arya-Stark/Photo511.jpg

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i373/Arya-Stark/Photo515.jpg

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i373/Arya-Stark/Photo512.jpg

enfys
February 18th, 2011, 03:32 PM
I don't think I totally understand your directins, but that looks very pretty and sounds a lot easier than a Dutch crown!

Arya
February 18th, 2011, 03:38 PM
I don't think I totally understand your directins, but that looks very pretty and sounds a lot easier than a Dutch crown!

That's okay!! I made a picture tutorial. I'll start a new thread, I guess? It'll be picture heavy, but fun for other people to try! I sure had fun!

Lemur_Catta
February 18th, 2011, 03:39 PM
This looks very nice but I'm not sure I have understood it...could you make a video please? It seems pretty interesting.

enfys
February 18th, 2011, 03:39 PM
That's okay!! I made a picture tutorial. I'll start a new thread, I guess? It'll be picture heavy, but fun for other people to try! I sure had fun!
Yes, I think a new thread would be best. I look forward to seeing it ;)

ddiana1979
February 18th, 2011, 04:09 PM
How lovely. Very elegant.

Arya
February 18th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Yes, I think a new thread would be best. I look forward to seeing it ;)

Thanks very much! I posted it here
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?p=1485031#post1485031

Sorry for the giant pictures...I really don't know how to shrink them. I'm amazed I got them up at all! Anyway, I hope you enjoy it.

enfys
February 18th, 2011, 04:19 PM
I think with a little more work on covering the band (some hair looks wrapped around the base I think) you might be there or almost.

Your hair looks better loose than hers though :lol:

ktani
February 18th, 2011, 04:46 PM
I think it's real.

It looks real here, http://visualrian.com/images/item/436613.

BrightEyes7
February 18th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Her hair looks very nice... but you'd think she'd get tired of that style!

Here is a better pic of her from behind. http://hinessight.blogs.com/.a/6a00d83451c0aa69e2012876eca740970c-320wi

You can tell the braid does in fact taper.

And here is a pic of her with just an english braid... it is braided very loose though.

http://visualrian.com/storage/PreviewWM/4366/13/436613.jpg

And a cartoon version of her just for fun! http://politicallyillustrated.com/images/uploads/side-uk-hair.jpg

CherrySilver
October 11th, 2011, 07:13 AM
For those of you who may be unaware of the current political situation in the Ukraine, Yulia Tymoshenko was sentenced yesterday to 7 years in jail. She was brought up on trumped up charges over natural gas pricing with Russia in '09. Oh, and she didn't mince words about her ideological nemesis and political opponent, current president, Viktor Yanukovitch. So much for democracy in the Ukraine.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/12/world/europe/yulia-tymoshenko-sentenced-to-seven-years-in-prison.html?_r=1&hp&gwh=8C354B8F9636D5A57F82913B5B3BC40E

Chetanlaiho
October 11th, 2011, 09:09 AM
DBF said I reminded him of her when I was trying to wrap pigtail braids around my head xD

Clem_Dela
October 11th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Aaaww... she is so cute!

CherrySilver
October 11th, 2011, 09:30 AM
DBF said I reminded him of her when I was trying to wrap pigtail braids around my head xD

Aaaww... she is so cute!

Yeah, I know, too bad she's going to be rotting away in jail for 7 years. But she has really nice hair, right?

CherrySilver
October 11th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Senator John McCain, along with EU senior party members, has been vociferous in denouncing the treatment of former Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko. McCain has led the charge in the US urging the release Ms. Tymoshenko.

Fellow LHC members, IF YOU EVER CARED ABOUT HER HAIR AS MUCH AS YOU DO HER AS A PERSON, please do your part and contact John McCain's office using the link below. How many members are on this board? She needs help from people all over the world, so even if you are not a US citizen, use the form to contact McCain.

http://mccain.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Contact.ContactForm

Automne
October 11th, 2011, 11:24 AM
I saw her on the news today.. Her hair is so dreamy, it's so thick. I love her hairstyle.

CherrySilver
October 11th, 2011, 02:40 PM
For all of you who who don’t know about the case, Julia Tymoshenko, is the ‘fly in the oil’ according the oligarchs who put President Yanukovich into office. And, they would like to squash her like a bug, as she a scourge of these industrial barons. This politically motivated and unjust prosecution of Ms. Tymoshenko has done just that.

Ms. Tymoshenko lost a very close election with her nemesis. The resulting conviction (in his kangaroo court) conveniently now makes her ineligible to run for parliamentary election in ’12 and the next presidential election in 2015.

Along with Senator John McCain, outspoken critics include Catherine Aston, EU Foreign Policy Chief and Stephan Fule, EU Enlargement Commissioner. You can show your support and help to pressure the Ukraine (who wants to join the EU) for Ms Tymoshenko’s release by contacting Representative Ashton and Commissioner Fule at the links below:

COMM-SPP-HRVP-ASHTON "at"ec.europa.eu

http://ec.europa.eu/commission_2010-2014/fule/contact/commissioner/index_en.htm

alyanna
October 11th, 2011, 02:44 PM
I just finished reading about this in the NYT. I was going to post something here too ;)

Thanks for sharing this information.

Beatnik Guy
October 11th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Possibly trumped up charges; still, the sentence seems excessive. She wasn't a great success as Prime Minister as I recall, but in free societies generally make those choices.
ETA: I see she's also been barred from political office for 3 years and ordered to pay back $186 said to have been been lost by Ukraine's state energy firm, Naftogaz, as a result of the deal she signed with the Russian company, Gazprom.

Othala
October 11th, 2011, 10:05 PM
.....ordered to pay back $186 ..... isn't that $186 million?

MyKing'sQueen
October 12th, 2011, 02:33 AM
I am sorry to disagree with you guys, but my family and a lot of people in Ukraine(especially elderly people) are suffering right now because of the 10-year contract she signed with Russia. Natural gas prices are going up every 6 months and it takes more than a half of my dad's monthly salary to just pay for the gas to keep the house warm in winter. I think she deserves what she got.

Hairizona
October 12th, 2011, 07:03 AM
The media have their own agenda...Does anyone here realize how much power the media has? They can make a martyr out of anyone...they can make a criminal out of an innocent person. They post the stories they do as well as ignore others that should be posted according to their agenda.
Just because Ms. Tymoshenko is being portrayed by the media as a victim does not mean she is. It also does not mean that the sentence given is just. Rather, it indicates that something else is going on that will not be discussed with the world populace, and known only to "insiders".

archel
October 12th, 2011, 07:19 AM
I am sorry to disagree with you guys, but my family and a lot of people in Ukraine(especially elderly people) are suffering right now because of the 10-year contract she signed with Russia. Natural gas prices are going up every 6 months and it takes more than a half of my dad's monthly salary to just pay for the gas to keep the house warm in winter. I think she deserves what she got.

That is absolutely terrible. :(

MyKing'sQueen
October 12th, 2011, 12:13 PM
The media have their own agenda...Does anyone here realize how much power the media has? They can make a martyr out of anyone...they can make a criminal out of an innocent person. They post the stories they do as well as ignore others that should be posted according to their agenda.
Just because Ms. Tymoshenko is being portrayed by the media as a victim does not mean she is. It also does not mean that the sentence given is just. Rather, it indicates that something else is going on that will not be discussed with the world populace, and known only to "insiders".
Exactly. We only know what they want us to know...

CherrySilver
October 12th, 2011, 05:30 PM
When Ms. Tymoshenko very narrowly lost to Yanukovich (45.47 to 48.95%), you really have to wonder exactly how guilty Ukranians thought she was. Pure and simple, Yunukovich is a thug, ex-con and puppet of the oligarchs. It's obvious that he was trying to obliterate his opponent and silence her (because she had the audacity to speak out publically against him), regardless of the details of the gas deal.

This is a major travesty of justice: when you have world leaders, including the UN Secretary General condemning the sentence and calling out for Ms. Tymoshenko's release, you know something is NOT right. Hopefully, the West will lean on him and he will cave into pressure to release her immediately (like before his much anticipated meeting with EU officials in Brussels on the 20th -- hopefully no one will show up) .

Yeah, but she has a great crown brain, doesn’t she?

Metallia
October 12th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Yeah, I know, too bad she's going to be rotting away in jail for 7 years. But she has really nice hair, right?
I saw an article on this and all I could do was focus on her hair. :o All politics aside (I don't have enough info to speak to any of the situation), I like that a woman in a position of authority has long hair. It seems so rare, especially among American women in politics.

CherrySilver
October 12th, 2011, 07:00 PM
I saw an article on this and all I could do was focus on her hair. :o All politics aside (I don't have enough info to speak to any of the situation), I like that a woman in a position of authority has long hair. It seems so rare, especially among American women in politics.

Precisely – it’s a pity you don’t see it more in the corporate world or in politics. People feel uncomfortable with it for many different reasons, and on many different levels. That’s why there was a 10-page thread devoted to her lovely hairstyle before this all happened – because a visible woman on the international political scene had the guts to keep her long hair despite her lofty position.

With Yulia, her gorgeous long hair was the least of her abilities. Yulia Tymoshenko clearly WAS and IS a threat to Yanukovichs’ political reign, that’s why he wants to take her out and neutralize her as an opponent.

And no, it’s not just me thinking this way. Below is a report of the Danish Helsinki Committee for Human Rights regarding an investigation of the case. It was conducted by an impartial board, not a biased media outlet.

http://www.helsinki-komiteen.dk/Dokumenter/LM-Ukraine,%20II.pdf

For those of you who are interested, you can draw your own conclusions, however, the upshot is that the charges should not have been considered a criminal offense; that the courts and prosecution cannot be considered independent and impartial; the judge in the case is a pawn of Yanukovich; and on and on and on.

blondie9912
October 13th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Prime Minister of my home country :cheese:

angelfell
October 13th, 2011, 07:45 PM
I like it best let down. When I googled her, more than 3/4of the pictures were with a braid.. but I found two with her hair down, and she has amazing curls :)

Lady Neeva
October 13th, 2011, 08:09 PM
She does have a hairpiece, judging by the way it looks
(Goose Girl had a post on her blog, 1000 days of hair, a while back on the Tymoshenko braid)

QueenOfTheSkye
October 13th, 2011, 09:02 PM
Agreed! That is nice hair.