PDA

View Full Version : Spritz and Condish Method!

09robiha
October 19th, 2010, 01:23 PM
I just wantes to share one of THE best methods I have found for my hair and hopefully someone elses here. I have coloured my hair alot and thus it is very porous. You know that drippy, water going down your back feeling you get when your just out of the shower...yeah mine wouldnt do that. It is so porous it would just cling to water.

Until I found this method online:
http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=89299

Forgive me if this has already been referanced or mentioned on the boards. Its hard to keep track of what has and hasnt but for anyone with dry, thirsty, very thick or porous hair I suggest giving it a go. Its also great for DT's since you dont have to jump in and out of the shower.

The basic rundown is you dampen hair with a water bottle, cover in your condish and leave on for a min of 15 mintues. I leave mine for more like 30 to 45 mins and always use a protein rich condish. The theory, as DELC explains in the link, is that the hair absorbs more conditoner because it is not saturated in water. I dont know why it works but it does and is definatly worth a try!

RachieBaby
October 19th, 2010, 03:25 PM
This sounds really interesting :) I may give this a go the next time i want to do a deep treatment and have time :)

proo
October 21st, 2010, 11:31 AM
Veddy interesting . . . wonder how it would work with wetting, then using coconut oil instead of conditioner?

ddiana1979
October 21st, 2010, 11:40 AM
I've been doing this and didn't even realize it was an official method. ;) Aussie 3 Minute Miracle product instructions say to wet your hair first. So I spritz it with water, slather on the conditioner, and then sleep in it overnight. So much for 3 minutes.

audreeov
October 21st, 2010, 11:46 AM
After a shampoo I squeeze as much water out of my hair as I can, and then I slather on conditioner and keep it out of the water as much as possible for about 15 to 20 minutes. Do you think it gives the same benefits?

ancilla
October 21st, 2010, 12:12 PM
Isn't the point of moisturizing conditioner to seal in the moisture (or water) in the hair shaft? So wouldn't it be a good thing that your hair is saturated with water?

I'm going to try this method anyway, I was just confused!

proo
October 21st, 2010, 12:21 PM
The link seems to suggest that this method would prevent porous hair from absorbing mostly water instead of conditioner - hence the difference from just doing it the usual way in the shower.

Niwa
October 21st, 2010, 02:16 PM
I am not sure how porous my hair is, but I just outright deep condition dry hair.

CaityBear
October 21st, 2010, 02:52 PM
If I ever really wanted to condition my hair without doing a treatment I used to put conditioner on my dry hair and let it sit half an hour before getting into the shower. I'm too lazy to do it all the time, but I do find at least squeezing as much water out of my hair before putting conditioner on in the shower has helped.

little_cherry
October 21st, 2010, 03:13 PM
Veddy interesting . . . wonder how it would work with wetting, then using coconut oil instead of conditioner?
I do this..my hair feels lovely after I CO the oil out the next day.