PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas for updos/half updos?

jenwexler
October 19th, 2010, 11:56 AM
I have a date tonigth so I'd like to give the doobie a rest.....My hair is a shag and touches my shoulder by the longest layer. [pictures on http://jenshairjourney.tumblr.com/ ] Unfortunately this boy like's long hair and I don't have it anymore haha. Any ideas on how I can prepare my hair nice for tonight? I really like him...

EverydayMiracle
October 19th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Is it long enough to French/Dutch braid?

jenwexler
October 19th, 2010, 12:21 PM
not even close =[...it used to be. now it barely touches my shoulders and i have an insane amount of layers....i might need to settle for a half up do for tonight.

Alcenaia
October 19th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Perhaps a French ponytail/half-up? You could use a pretty hairtoy for the half-up. Or a flip-through.

Dates I have had have said they preferred it down, just loose. :)

A waterfall braid might be fun. It would be classy but preserve length.

I hope you have a lovely evening. :D

jenwexler
October 19th, 2010, 12:50 PM
I'll try my best....my pony tail is so tiny due to it's lack of hair haha....i have an idea of what i might do and i'll try to put up pics of it later after i shower...hmm =]

Lianna
October 19th, 2010, 04:37 PM
My hair looks similar to yours in the cut, lots of layers, small ponytail. What I do to put it up is a sock bun held by a scrunchie (which will hold the ends). You could also try make a ponytail, spread it, and put a cute claw clip over it, looks like a messy bun.

How to sock bun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIzoqMh1mfI

FrannyG
October 19th, 2010, 04:39 PM
What about a French Twist? Even if you have some shaggy layers that hang out in front, it's a nice look.

jenwexler
October 20th, 2010, 02:14 AM
i dont know if i have enough hair for that yet =/

Lianna
October 20th, 2010, 03:01 AM
It would be easier to help if we could see your layers from the back. Maybe a regular half-up and curl the bottom? A cute hair holder goes a long way. :D

jenwexler
October 20th, 2010, 03:14 AM
sure! everything you need to know about my hair including pictures is on this site. http://jenshairjourney.tumblr.com/

i'm documenting my hair....sort of a hair diary.

btw i figure out how to keep my hair for the date =] i don't have a picture up on my diary yet but i might soon. plus the boy didn't even notice my hair that much which made me really happy. he says he likes long hair better yet he paid no attention to the length. he just kept looking into my eyes instead...he probably didn't realize he was playing with my hair either lol....it is really soft. i'm starting not to hate the length; it' growing it really nice.

jenwexler
October 20th, 2010, 03:15 AM
actually i haven't shown my layer from the back yet come to think of it. good idea! i will post a pic tomorrow

Lianna
October 20th, 2010, 03:48 AM
Yeah, you didn't, that's why I asked. ^.^ You should post some pics in your album here too.

inty
October 20th, 2010, 05:18 AM
Maybe too late, but, I think you look cute with two (french?) braids in one of the pics, I'd go for that! :)

Chamomile betty
October 20th, 2010, 05:48 AM
I think half up would be nice. Your letting your length show and you can pull some layers around your face for a 'messy' look. For a date I don't think you want your hair to look too over styled so a messy layered look would be good.

Have a great time.

jenwexler
October 20th, 2010, 08:54 AM
I had "fake" french braids in one pic. I used clips to gather the hair in certain parts of my head.

Lianna
October 20th, 2010, 04:24 PM
How about a half up on each side of the head? I'm wearing it like that right now. :p I twist a small section and pin it, but that's just the bangs, then I do it again with a little more hair.

jenwexler
October 20th, 2010, 04:35 PM
That's a good idea. I used to wear it like that when I was little.