PDA

View Full Version : Seven Month Growth

EverydayMiracle
October 19th, 2010, 11:26 AM
I said yesterday that I would post some pictures, so here goes. First I'm going to show you the picture that I took when I first joined. For some reason I braided (French) my hair before taking the picture. So for the picture I shot today, I also have the hair in braids, just this time in rope braids. The braid obviously takes the length up, and in my case, it takes it up a *lot*.

This is from April:

http://i793.photobucket.com/albums/yy217/simmer3devin/Hair%20Growth/braids1.jpg

This is today:

http://i793.photobucket.com/albums/yy217/simmer3devin/Hair%20Growth/rope-braids1.jpg

Unfortunately because the angles are different, it's hard to really make out just how MUCH my hair has grown, plus the take-up. The braids themselves are just shy of waist-length. If the hair was down, it would be longer, of course. I just thought for comparison that this worked better!

And yes, my ends look terrible. I trimmed last night but I might need to take off a bit more or do an S&D in full sunlight.

Rocket22
October 19th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Wow that's some growth.... and thickness!!! awe to be soooo lucky!! my whole braid is not as thick as one of yours.. great progress!!!

EverydayMiracle
October 19th, 2010, 11:39 AM
You can really see the old dye though, can't you? Ugh. I am hoping that by this time next year I have not only lost the 158 lbs I'm trying to lose but also to reach my next goal of tailbone. We'll have to see whether or not the hair cooperates, but I think that with a better diet, I'll probably get even better growth out of my hair.

This is all without anything added, such as monostat or vitamins, by the way. I'm going to start back on a B-Complex, but this is without help.

ChatNoir
October 19th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Congratulations on some awesome progress :D I guess my braid is about a third of your thickness... I love the texture and the colour too. Keep up the good work! :D

EverydayMiracle
October 19th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Thank you so much! I oiled it last night and I didn't get all the oil out of it :-/ I'm going to try again tonight and hope for better results. I'm also going to be starting back on vitamins, so we'll see how much growth I can get out of it in the next six months! Wow! lol

bunzfan
October 19th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Boy has your hair grown! i couldn't believe it when i saw the second picture your hair looks great keep up the good work:D

EverydayMiracle
October 19th, 2010, 01:17 PM
It might also be noteworthy that it was last dyed last September. You can see the color line. That keeps making my jaw drop lol

tinti
October 19th, 2010, 02:03 PM
That is a LOT of growth too :D Congrats!

aenflex
October 19th, 2010, 02:17 PM
nice growth still and good hair!! good for you!

Dragon
October 19th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Congratulations, great growth.

KittyLost
October 20th, 2010, 02:30 AM
Amazing growth in 7months there :)

julliams
October 20th, 2010, 02:47 AM
Wow - you must be an inch a month at least!!! Hats off!

pepperminttea
October 20th, 2010, 04:58 AM
That's some great growth, and as you mentioned it, I think your dye grow out looks quite natural, like it's just changed over time rather than deliberately. :)

smileycat
October 20th, 2010, 06:47 AM
Wow, that's some great growth for 7 months. You look about APL in braids in the first picture, and MUCH longer in the second!

JayLee
October 20th, 2010, 07:42 AM
That is definately alot of growth. Congrats... It looks awesome

Bonkers57
October 20th, 2010, 07:47 AM
I agree. It all blends together well. My ends are always lighter when I don't trim for a while.

Good luck on your new health regime :D I'm starting one myself. It's not just a matter of losing weight; we have to make sure what we do eat is nutritious and that we get just enough of it. :cheese:

That's some great growth, and as you mentioned it, I think your dye grow out looks quite natural, like it's just changed over time rather than deliberately. :)

DivineComedian
October 20th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Wow, that's great growth- it looks great. :)

EverydayMiracle
October 20th, 2010, 12:39 PM
The first pic was APL. The second was waist. I trimmed last night after taking the picture so now I'm an inch short of waist again :-/ But the hair needed it (the ends anyway) so I'm glad that I did it.

My hair grows roughly 1.3 inches a month, on average. I took vitamins for a while and pushed that to about 1.5. I have NO idea why my hair grows so fast, but it always has. The nails are the same way, and both have slowed down. Time to get back on the vitamins, I think. Both B and D are in the cards, both for mood regulation and for the hair/skin/nails.

Oh, and the more I baby the hair the better the growth. This is without MN, too!

McFearless
October 20th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Amazing growth!

christine1989
October 20th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Great progress! I love the rope braids too :).

EverydayMiracle
October 20th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Thanks everyone! This style was a lot of fun. If my hair was a bit longer I would have bunned it, but I was having a difficult time getting the ropes to hold in two buns. The pins just weren't holding them and I need to get some new hair sticks.

I was thinking about turning bamboo double-pointed knitting needles into hairsticks. Think they'd be too short?

little_cherry
October 20th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Wow, great growth and thickness! :D

Niwa
October 20th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Gorgeous hair. :) How many inches would you say you retained? How many do you grow each month? TIA.

Niwa
October 20th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Gorgeous hair. :) How many inches would you say you retained? How many do you grow each month? TIA.Nevermind. I just saw your post explaining your growth rate. :)

EverydayMiracle
October 20th, 2010, 08:35 PM
It's pretty much 1.3 inches a month unless I'm doing some kooky math. I'm stalled right now and I think that's hormonal, since my nails have also stopped growing (altogether!).

My hair is probably right at 30 inches right now after the trim :)

Demetrue
October 20th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Wow - I am amazed! It's like miraculous hair growth!

Henrietta
October 21st, 2010, 03:22 AM
Awesome progress! Who cares about different angles, the growth is visible anyway!:)
Your ends don't look that bad. They are just uneven, but they do not look damaged.

EverydayMiracle
October 21st, 2010, 04:00 PM
They felt damaged, Henrietta. I chopped them off lol. Now my hair feels terrific. I'm back on CO for now, though after only three washes my hair is limp again. I'm going to change the way I'm oiling, switch to using 'cone free condish on the roots and see what happens.