PDA

View Full Version : Crocheted Bun

podo
October 18th, 2010, 09:51 PM
I'm sure this is out there somewhere, but it was new for me so I wanted to post it. I basically crocheted my hair and then pinned it down. I saw someone with floor+ doing it to put up length and it does indeed! This is the first time I've ever been able to do more than 1 ah, stitch.

http://images12.fotki.com/v68/photos/0/1708930/9139968/crochetedbun-vi.jpg

ddiana1979
October 18th, 2010, 10:00 PM
I crochet a little, but that looks awfully complicated to me. Is it chain stitch?

However, it's really gorgeous. I like how it looks with the flowers & your earrings are lovely.

Loreley
October 18th, 2010, 10:14 PM
It's beautiful! :)

triumphator!
October 18th, 2010, 11:29 PM
Wow, it looks like a braid! Do you use a hook and everything? :D

pepperminttea
October 18th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Oh that is gorgeous. I haven't crocheted in long enough that I've forgotten everything. :o How did you do it?

Athena's Owl
October 18th, 2010, 11:43 PM
there is a thread detailing this - i saw it in the last week, because i've been doing that to my hair ever since. i can't do more than one chain though, i guess my hair is thicker than i thought!

Rebelkat
October 19th, 2010, 12:12 AM
Gorgeous! I would love to see a video of someone doing this style. I can't quite picture how one would crochet a bun. :o

Sagi1982
October 19th, 2010, 03:46 AM
I saw this one on Kerri IRL, and she called it a chain bun. Looks very pretty and seems to be easy - its really just crocheting chain stitches in your hair.

Dragon
October 19th, 2010, 03:48 AM
Looks great :)

maria_asa
October 19th, 2010, 03:54 AM
Yup, looks like a chain bun (http://www.network54.com/Forum/242462/thread/1198934082/chain+bun)to me as well. Very pretty!

Oskimosa
October 19th, 2010, 03:57 AM
Gorgeous! I would love to see a video of someone doing this style. I can't quite picture how one would crochet a bun. :o

Me too. And I can do basic crochet stitches and patterns.

I had wondered a while back if anyone had ever crocheted smaller sections of hair... or would that tangle too easily? I'd like to try sometime when I have nothing but time on my hands ;)

podo
October 19th, 2010, 06:32 AM
Chain bun sounds much better, doesn't it?

Basically, you loop your hair around your fingers (I used 3) and then around, come up the other side and pull a loop through the existing loop. Put 2 fingers into the new loop, then pull a loop of hair through. Put 2 fingers into the new loop, then pull a loop of hair through. etc etc etc

I could do the first one and one more until I hit TBL, and now I can do 2 more! The woman who made the video, Samantha, does, um, like 7 I think, but she pulls more hair through too. It really does eat your length.

I got the video from longtresses.ning.com - http://longtresses.ning.com/video/crochet-braid-tutorial - but you have to be a member to see videos. She calls it a crochet bun, because that's what you're doing, though it is a chain stitch, so chain bun works too. ;)