PDA

View Full Version : Help. Layers, Bangs, U Shaped, Flat. .???

Gyldan
October 18th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Hello. Let me say firts im new in here. Ive seen a lot of photos in the forums lately and let me tell you you all got a beautiful hair. Well here is my thing. I want to grow my hair all the way to my waist. But i dont know if i must leave bangs or not. Leave it squared or U shaped. Or to make layers on it or leave it flat. what do you recomend? Which style leaves more options to style. I must say I also love fashion and couture. So I dont know what to do in it for this fall-winter 2010. You can also leave pictures. THANKS! :cheese:

UltraBella
October 18th, 2010, 09:01 PM
What do you like ? Any of those are options depending on your personal taste. I think you will find here that waist length is not considered super long and you have many many options for how to wear it and style it. Since I have no idea what you or your hair look like, I just don't have any suggestions except to enjoy your hair and explore the ideas you have and what you might like.

Alexannee10
October 18th, 2010, 09:04 PM
Depends of you ! I don't think there is a specific haircut that makes hair grow faster .. I tried a lot of haircut. Bangs/No bangs , Straight/V-Cut/U-Cut , Layers/No layers .... My favorite, at this point, is a straight cut with bangs, because I have kinda straight hair and I think this is what it suits best to me.

I think whichever haircut you choose, you will be able to style it. Good luck ! ♥ xx

Gyldan
October 18th, 2010, 09:10 PM
well ive got a fine hair, that tangles very easily, but i have very much in volume. I have really bi curls. My hair is between brown with kind of a red shadow. I know here waist length its not to mucho but, well its the first step. the thing is that since yve got a lot of hair if i dont have layers y become a triangle. its big and curled on the botom and it becomes kinda straight on the top. but when i try to make any hairdo the layers come out and i get my hair messed up. i want al the volume in al my hair as posible but i want it to look nice when its down and also when its up in a hairdo. thats why im asking what has worked for you and why. . .

Gyldan
October 18th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Thank you very much! :)

Spike
October 19th, 2010, 04:05 PM
i want al the volume in al my hair as posible but i want it to look nice when its down and also when its up in a hairdo. thats why im asking what has worked for you and why. . .

Gee, so all you want is . . . everything?? :eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:

Ok, I'm the same way myself. :D

I find updos are much much harder with layers--the ends want to climb out and spray around, especially with wavy/curly hair. If only they'd do that out of the little upper bun where I want them to . . . So I prefer no layers in my hair. I'll live with some flatness up top and some poofy down near the hem.

A U-shape is closest to how my hair grows, so that's my hemline of choice. With my texture, a blunt hemline won't stay perfectly blunt and geometric from one day to the next.

Bangs are a pain. They're always just a little too short or a little too long. When I'm lucky, there's one gloooooorious week where they're just right--neither in my eyes nor so short I look 10 years old. So I don't wear 'em.

Now, with all that said--it's YOUR hair. It needs to meet YOUR needs and make YOU happy. I've laid out my logic (I'm lazy and don't want to have to fight with my hair's natural tendencies) but you may choose a different route.

Which is cool. :cheese: